Stuck in the Moment. Dead at the Scene.

Chapter Eight

I pulled into the driveway to see my Dad's Mercury Marnier sitting next to the other cars.

"Shit."

I walked into the house with my bag and mom, Johnny, dad, and Keegan were sitting on the couch.

"Dad!" I yelled. He got up from the couch and hugged me.

"I didn't think you'd be here to at least the end of this month." I said. It's like June 6th or something.

"I know, but I decided to swing by and see you before the tour gets to hectic." He replied.

"Hadley, why was your cell phone off?" Mom asked.

"Oh. It died and I forgot my charger." I lied. It seems like I just keep lying to her..oh well.

I went to my room and put my stuff up. I hooked my phone up to my charger so she would believe me. Then Dad knocked on my door.

"I don't like this guy your mom is dating."

I laughed, "Join the club."

We talked for a few minutes.

"Wednesday and Acey are coming to visit soon too."

My eyes lit up. Wednesday is defiantly one of my best friends and Acey..well, Acey is very fuckable. Even if he is mom and dad's age. My dad doesn't know I think this though.

"Your mom told me you got grounded for smoking pot."

I nodded, "She didn't ground me the time she actually caught me doing. Johnny gave her some advice about me partying."

"I know you. You will party even if someone tells you not to do it."

"Duh."

"Just be really careful at who you drink/do drugs with. I don't want you to overdose on anything. I love you Hadley."

"I love you too, Dad."

He hugged me and then we went downstairs.

Johnny and Keegan were gone.

"I don't like that guy or his son." Dad said.

"Joey, you don't like him because he goes to church and doesn't do all the shit you do."

You know when I said I wanted them to get back together? This is why they probably won't. Mom is always bitching at Dad because he parties and doesn't give a fuck about what anyone else says.

"Piper, please don't this again. I came to spend time with Hadley not argue with you."

Mom rolled her eyes and walked up stairs.

"Hey dad,can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure..and then you can explain all the hickies. I don't see how your mom missed them." He said.

"Mkay. I don't know how to say this...ugh..I think I'm bi."

"You think?"

"Yeah, I mean, I've just had these feelings for awhile about other girls."

"Well, it doesn't matter to me whether you're straight, lesbian, or bisexual. You're still my daughter."

I smiled. See, this is why I love my dad so much. He understands me. My mom would probably freak if I told her I was bi. I mean, yeah, she's okay with the drinking, but that...it'd be like starting WWIII.

"So about the hickies?"

I laughed and then blushed.

"Dad.."

"Hadley.." He mocked me.

"It's weird talking about it with you."

"Why? You could tell me you were bi, but you can't talk about hickies?"

I groaned, "Fine. Don't tell mom, but Jamey and I went to another of Alan's parties last night. I got shit-faced drunk...and Alan and I had sex."

"Wow. I figured you were still a virgin."

"Haha..um, no. I lost it on my 15th birthday."

"Wait, your first was with that asshole, Craig?"

"Mhmm."

"I should kill him."

I laughed and shook my head at him. He's so fucking crazy.

"You did use protection, right? I don't need any grandkids while I'm still young."

"Yes..every time."

"Okay, you do and then all of this stuff is cool with me. However, don't tell your mom. She thinks your still a virgin too."

I laughed hysterically at that one.

"I don't see how. She caught me and my last boyfriend messing around."

Dad shrugged. We sat in the living and watched movies the rest of the night.