The Magic's Close, but We're Far Away

Friend Request

Sarah got up from her spot on the ground infront of her full length mirror and smoothed out her shirt. She always sat there everyday for about 30 minutes doing her hair and makeup. She had a problem with self confidence. She was often tore down by her dad telling her she wasn’t good enough at anything she ever did. She ran her fingers through her long straight hair and walked out of her bedroom. It was a Saturday and she had a day full of things she needed to do. starting with coaching a soccer game first thing that morning an ending with playing a few acoustic songs at a local cafe hangout with her best friend Sam. Sarah grabbed her hoodie and threw it over her head, careful not to touch her hair too much, and grabbed the keys to her big red mini van.

“Oh c’mon.” she begged and groaned as her car refused to start. No lights in the car turned on. “Dead battery,” she said with a sigh and popped the hood. She opened the trunk and got out the jump cables. She used her dad’s truck to give her a quick jump and then she sped off to soccer.

“Coach Sarah! Coach Sarah!” shouted her soccer team of 5 and 6 year olds as she walked to he field. “Hey guys!” she said picking one of them up and hugging him tight. “Are we going to win today like we do everyday?” he asked her. “I sure hope we will. But just go out there, give it our all, and have LOTS of fun!” Sarah put the little boy down and started the game. An hour later, the team won, and Sarah was off to go to play practice.

She arrived five minutes late to practice for Alice in Wonderland. As she entered the door, she could hear her understudy reciting her lines. “Curiouser, and curiouser.” Sarah said stepping in quickly. Her understudy, Marina, smiled and walked off of the practice area. “Nice of you to finally join us, Alice.” The director said leaning back in his chair. “I know, i know. I’m so sorry, I was coaching soccer. But no excuses. I’m here and ready to go.” Sarah said with a smile. “Then get to it.”

When break time rolled around, Sarah plopped down onto the giant, puke green, overstuffed coach with a big sigh. She had just closed her eyes when she felt someone move her legs and sit down next to her. “Samuel Childers!” she groaned. “I was just starting to fall asleep.” Sarah closed her eyes again. When she opened them seconds later, Sam was in her face. She could see his green-brown eyes directly into her. “You’re not allowed to fall asleep sleepyhead! We have a show to play tonight!” He said bouncing on Sarah. “Sam get off, before you rupture my kidney!” Sarah shouted and hit Sam with her jacket. She sat up and ran her fingers through her bangs. “Geez, what’s up with you? You look so sad, Sarah.” Sarah shrugged her shoulders. “I dunno Sam, just, in a phase I guess.” Sam put his hand on her knee. “Do you know what you need?” Sarah looked at him and raised one eyebrow. “A boyfriend.” Sam said. Sarah just rolled her eyes. “I would love one Sam, I’m just really busy. And besides, no ones interested in me.” she took a swig from her water bottle. “Oh come on! I’m sure plenty are! My friend Blake is!” Sarah nearly choked on her water. “Oh nooo. Not the Blake that takes his shirt off when the hardcore bands play at the cafe.” Sam nodded his head. “No.” Sarah said straight forwardly and stood up to walk away. “Well Sarah, just give him a chance.” Sam started after her. “No. I’ll find a boyfriend when he comes my way.” She said with her back turned to Sam ad continued walking.

Late that night, around midnight, Sarah came home from the show she played with Sam. After all the other bands played (and many attempts of Sam to hook her up with the shirtless Blake) Sarah decided to go home a bit earlier than normal. She changed into her pajamas and took her makeup off and tied back her hair into a ponytail where whisps of her bangs poked out. She sat down on her bed and pulled out he laptop to log onto facebook. She had a couple of unimportant notifications and a friend request. She clicked on it and tilted her head. “Larz Conwell? Who’s that?” she said out loud. She clicked on his profile and looked at their mutual friends. She noticed he was friends with her friends from Kinston. She scrolled up and clicked on his pictures. “Wow.” she whispered breathlessly. “He’s gorgeous.” She went back to her home page, hit ‘accept friend request’ closed her laptop, and went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So are they finally gonna meet?
Comments!
LOVE! <3