Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Love

I waited patiently by my bedroom window for Johns headlights to appear. The second I saw them coming down the street I tip toed out of my room and downstairs.

"Where are you going?"

I jumped and turned around at the voice.

"Out." I told my brother.

"With who?" He asked.

"John." I answered.

"Oh." He replied before walking upstairs.

I opened the front door as quietly as I could, so as not to wake my mom up, and then shut it gently behind me.

John was already out of the car, but instead of opening my door he was approaching me.

He stood in front of me for a second with a guilty looking face and then wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, babe." He whispered.

"It's okay." I told him.

He didn't say anything, he just held me there for a minute before releasing me and then kissing every spot on my face.

"I'm. Sorry." He would repeat between kisses.

"John, stop!" I giggled, pushing on his chest with both of my hands.

I reached up and gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking to his car.

I got in the passenger seat and he got in the drivers seat after opening my door.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we started to pull out of my driveway.

"You'll see." He answered with a smirk.

I looked out the window and tried to figure out where we were going, but gave up as it was so dark outside.

I felt the car pull over and finally come to a stop. I quickly got out of the car and looked around.

"Where are we?" I chuckled.

"The desert." He replied.

"Weren't you supposed to take me to some secluded romantic spot that only you know about?" I joked.

"Sorry, babe. That's only on the fourth date." He laughed.

He came over to me and took my hand before leading me down to the sand. He laid a blanket out and we sat on it. I laid back and gazed up at the stars and he followed suit.

"So why?" I finally asked.

"Why what?"

"Why me? Why now? When did you start to even like me?" I asked.

"Simple. You because you're amazing and beautiful. Now because I finally grew a pair. And I've liked you for a long time but I just started to realize."

"What do you mean you finally grew a pair?" I asked.

"I was scared that if I told you I liked you then you'd just shut me out and ignore me like you always do." He told me.

I stayed quiet for a second and bit my lip.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it l-" he started.

"No, no. It's fine." I interrupted. "I just didn't want to date because I thought it'd just end up in heartbreak anyway like all relationships do."

"That's not true. A lot of relationships work out. Like my parents, they've been dating since-" he stopped mid sentence as he realized what he said. "I didn't mean to say that. I'm so sorry."

"I-it's okay." I sniffled as a tear ran down my cheek. I bit my lip so more wouldn't escape.

John turned and snaked his arms around me before holding onto me tightly and stroking my hair.

"You know it's his loss. He doesn't get to watch his beautiful daughter grow up." He murmured into my ear.

"I don't wanna cry over it. I told myself I wouldn't cry over it."

"It's okay to cry."

That was all I needed before sobs started racking my body. John kept giving me kisses and telling me that he was here for me.

"It's not f-fair." I cried.

After calming down a bit and wiping all of my tears away, we sat there in silence.

"It's not fair. He just left us. It's like we meant so little to him that he could just leave us behind and not even feel bad." I whispered as I clutched Johns shirt for dear life.

His arms tightened around me and he rubbed circles into my waist and shoulder with his thumbs.

"He doesn't know what he's missing. He's a dumbass."

I laughed and John smiled.

"That's why I'm scared of getting close to someone. The only guy in my life I know will never hurt me is Eric."

"I'll never hurt you, Kay. I wanna be with you forever." He said, whispering the last part.

"Forever's a long time." I told him.

"Not with you it won't be. Forever isn't enough time."

"That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard."

"It's true. Forever isn't a enough time to spend with someone you love." He blurted out.

"Love?" I whispered.

"I love you Kimberly Rey Halvorsen. I'm in love with you."

I bit my lip as I felt tears start to come.

"I l-love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh John lied to Kimmy!
And they said the L word.
Comment and subscribe!