Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Here It Comes

Things had definitely calmed down after Christmas. John and I were going strong with occasional arguments here and there but never anything too serious.

The biggest fight we had was over me missing one of his baseball games for Erics first gig with his new band.

He ignored me for a few days and then came to my house in the middle of the night to apologize and we slept together. Not that way, we just slept in the same bed.

Although, it's not like John wasn't hinting that he wanted to take things further. Here and there when we were making out he would slide his hand a little too far up my leg, or a little too far down my back.

I tried to go for it again on Valentines Day, but I just couldn't do it. Something was holding me back for some reason.

But now it was prom season. Senior prom was coming up and John asked me to come with him. I was excited, but annoyed at the same time. Prom meant primping for weeks in advance. Tanning, keeping my teeth white, clearing my skin, and not to mention buying a dress and heels.

Lauren offered to help me pick it out though and she had a nice style so I wasn't too worried.

We were going to the mall to look for dresses today and I was rather excited.

"Okay, so where do you want to look first?" She asked.

"I don't know... Forever 21?" I suggested.

"No. Too boring. Let's start at Express." She decided.

"I don't think John would really like me in anything from there." I hesitated.

"Oh, so John doesn't like you looking hot?" She teased as we entered the store.

"No, not that. I just-" I sighed "I don't know what he would like. I've never gotten dressed up for him before."

"Aww you're nervous. That's so cute. Honey, Johns eyes would pop out of his head if you were wearing a spacesuit. He adores you." She stated.

I just laughed and shrugged as I looked around. Lauren pulled out a red strapless dress with ruffles on the bottom and grinned at me.

"This is perfect for you! Please, please, please try it on!" She begged as she pushed me towards the dressing room.

"Fine, fine!" I laughed as I took the hanger from her. I walked into the dressing room and started to undress.

I pulled up the tight dress and adjusted myself in it. I smoothed it out and looked at my reflection, hating how short the mirror made me look.

"Are you done?" She called from outside the dressing room.

I opened the door for her and her jaw dropped.

"You look so hot." She exclaimed.

"You don't think it's too much?" I asked, looking in the mirror again.

"No way. I'm not letting you leave without buying that dress." She threatened.

"Are you sure? Do you think he'll like it?"

"I think he'll like it on the floor a lot better if you know what I'm saying." She winked.

I just blushed and shook my head.

"Wait, you guys haven't done it yet?" She asked rather loud.

"Shh! No, we haven't." I frowned.

"Wow. He must really love you." She laughed.

"I mean, I want to but it just never seems like the right time. And I know he's getting anxious about it too."

"The right time will come. For me and Tim it was the night of his birthday."

"Ew, too much information." I gagged before going back into the dressing room.

I changed and waited for Lauren to shop until she found a few dresses that she liked. She tried them all on, but decided to pass because of the price.

I bought my dress and shopped with her for awhile longer before we split up so I could shop for some shoes.

I found a cute pair of heels at Macy's and decided to buy them. As I stood in line at the cash register I heard whispers from behind me. I turned and saw two girls from my school staring back at me. They quickly turned away from me when we made eye contact.

I shrugged it off and kept waiting in line to pay for my shoes.

"Hi, did you find everything you needed?" The clerk asked.

"Yep. Thanks." I smiled back.

"That'll be twenty five dollars even." She said.

I handed her twenty five and took my bag. "Have a nice day." I told her.

"You too."

I walked out of the store feeling accomplished and caught up with Lauren at the food court for lunch.

We sat down after ordering some pizza and talked.

I stopped mid-sentence when I saw more girls from school looking at me.

"That is so weird." I said in an annoyed tone.

"What?" Lauren asked.

"I keep seeing all these girls from school like eyeing me. It's making me kind of paranoid."

"Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. They're all whores." She sneered, glaring in their directions.

I laughed and we kept talking and eating.

"So you and John and doing really well then?" She asked.

"Yeah," I grinned "He's so amazing. He's sweet and funny, yet deep and romantic at the same time. He's just perfect. I'm so glad he's not going away for college."

"He really really loves you Kimmy. Don't ever forget that." She told me.

"I don't think I could forget that I'm the luckiest girl in the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama is coming soon. I don't think it's too hard to see what's going to happen. There's about 3 or 4 more chapters left but there is definitely going to be a sequel called Love Tricked Me. Watch out for that:)
Subscribe and comment!