Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Liar

Prom night. I've been dreading this night for weeks since Eric told me that he had let our little deal slip. Now practically everybody except Kimmy knew about it.

"Hey John..." Eric said slowly as he walked up to me at lunch one day.

"What?" I groaned, knowing by his tone that nothing good was to come. He probably wanted me to buy his lunch or something.

"Um, you know how at Max's party awhile ago I asked you to ask Kimmy out?" He asked.

"Yes. Oh god please tell me you didn't tell her!" I exclaimed.

"I didn't, but umm..." He stuttered. "It may have slipped to some other people."

"Like who?" I growled.

"Caroline Williams." He mumbled.

"What? You know she hates Kay! Why would you tell her that?" I barked angrily.

"I was drunk and she was gonna do me..."

"Oh you fucking asshole. Now she's going to tell everyone!" I cried. "And Kimmy's going to hate me!"

"Well then just tell her yourself and make it not seem bad. Make it just seem like I told you to ask her out because you liked her." He suggested.

"Whatever."


So I knew that if I didn't tell her by tonight, someone else would. Probably Caroline.

Everybody met at my house before prom because my mom wanted to take pictures of Kimmy and I.

There was Eric, Tim, Lauren, Jared, Kennedy, Kimmy and I. Garrett and Pat were juniors so they weren't coming. Eric, Jared, and Kennedy were going to meet up with their dates when we got there.

My heart started beating faster when I saw Kimmy walk through the door. She looked so gorgeous. Her dress was fucking hot as hell and her hair and make up made her look so great. I'm glad she loves me because she could get any guy in that dress.

We took lots of pictures and I tried my best to keep my eyes off of her cleavage.

Once we got to the dance we picked a table and everybody went to go meet up with their dates.

"You look beautiful tonight." I told her over the loud music.

"Thanks, you look pretty good yourself." She smiled.

"Let's dance." I suggested.

She got up and pulled me behind her onto the dance floor.

She moved her hips to the beat of the song and I found myself less focused on dancing and more focused on watching her. She looked up at me and laughed before taking my hands and leaning up to kiss me on the cheek. I turned my head so she kissed my lips instead. She giggled once we pulled away and a slow song came on. It was Death Cab For Cutie's cover of Earth Angel.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I snaked my arms around her waist and pulled her close.

"This is fun." She grinned as she laid her head on my chest.

"Only because I'm with you." I told her.

"I want to tell you something." We both said at the same time.

"You first." I told her.

"Okay, well I just wanted to tell you that I'm really glad I'm with you. You're my one love, my unus amor." She grinned. "And I'm so lucky to have such a great boyfriend."

"You have no idea, Kay. I'm the lucky one. You could have any guy you want but I'm the one who gets to kiss you and hold you. I'll always love you." I told her sincerely.

She didn't say anything back. She just leaned up and kissed me. I almost forgot we were in public until I pulled away.

"I have to go to the bathroom really quick but I'll be right back and then you can tell me what you wanted to tell me." She stated before kissing the tip of my nose. I loved when she did that.

She walked off and I went to the drink table. I grabbed two cups of punch and sat down at our table waiting for her to get back.

I sat anxiously waiting for her, thinking of what I was going to say.

Lauren, Tim and Eric came back and sat down.

"Where's Kimmy?" Tim asked.

"She went to the bathroom." I answered.

He just nodded and I kept looking for her.

Finally I caught sight of her walking back to the table. She had a weird expression on her face and it wasn't until she got closer that I could see it was anger.

I stood up as she approached and reached out for her. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Get away from me!" She screeched. "How could you?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about. Or why don't you ask my brother because you two seem to just come up with everything!" She cried as she poked Eric.

"Kimmy it's not-"

"No, I know exactly what it is. You felt bad for me so you guys decided that you would go out with me to make me cool! Well I don't need you! I was perfectly fine alone!" She exclaimed as tears welled in her eyes.

"Kay, please." I begged as I grabbed her wrist.

"No!" She screamed as she snatched her arm away. "Don't touch me. Don't ever fucking come near me again you liar. I hate you Eric and I hate you John O'Callaghan."

I was too shocked to respond. I stood there and just watched her walk away.

"I'll go talk to her." Lauren said before getting up and following her.

If the music wasn't so loud then surely everyone would have heard that whole thing but no one did.

I just sat down in my chair and put my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry, man." Tim started.

"Don't talk to me." I spat.

I looked over and saw Eric mirroring my expression. I didn't even care how he felt at this point. This is all his fault.

But the truth is, it isn't. It was all my fault.

That night we laid out under the stars, the first time I told her I loved her, I was going to tell her about this. But I didn't. God I would give anything for a second chance.

I got up and ran out of the building as fast as my feet could take me. I stopped when I saw Kimmy crying alone on a bench and Lauren walking towards me.

"She's really upset, John." She told me in a low voice.

I just swallowed hard and walked to where she was. I knelt down in front of her and she didn't even know I was there until I spoke up.

"I'm sorry."

"Go away."

"Please I never meant-"

"I gave you everything, John. And it was all a big lie. I meant it when I said I hated you." She told me as a cab pulled up. "Have a nice life."
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't sleep so I decided to post this. The sequel is up! Subscribe to it!
One more chapter
Can I please get a lot of comments on this? Any predictions come true? What do you think is going to happen next?
Comment and subscribe!!