Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Weekend With Good Friends

"Hey, Johno. Can we talk for a second?" Halvo asked me.

I took my eyes away from Kimmy, who walked away from me with no warning. She looked beautiful. As always.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

He led me over to probably the only quiet corner in the whole house.

"Okay, dude. This is gonna sound really weird." He started.

"Bro, everything you say sounds really weird." I mocked as I brought my drink to my lips again.

"Shut up, asshole." He chuckled.

"Kay, go." I nodded, wanting to get back to the party.

"Well, you're the only moron I trust to do this..." He stated unsurely. "I want you to ask Kimmy out and make her like you. I know she already likes you, but I want her to actually go out with someone."

I was a little taken aback by his request. I didn't respond and gave him a skeptical look.

"I don't want you to like marry her, I just want you to get her reputation up a little. Everybody here loves her, but I just hate people at school bashing her, you know?" He frowned.

"Yeah," I sighed. I hated the stuck up chicks up school who gossiped about her. "I'll try, man."

"Thanks John. You know I wouldn't ask you unless it was important." He told me as he gave me a pat on the back.

"It's cool, bro. But what if it doesn't work? You know how she gets when she thinks a guy likes her." I reminded him.

"I don't know, I have a good feeling with you. I think it'll be fine." He shrugged. "Oh shit! Cindy Wayfield is wasted. Later, dude." He exclaimed before rushing off to go dance with the drunk girl.

I shook my head and walked back over to everybody. There was Tim, Tim's girlfriend Laura, Max, Garrett, Kennedy, Kennedy's girlfriend Heather, Jared, Pat, and of course Kimmy.

Everybody seemed to be immersed in their own conversations, so I decided to talk to Kimmy. She always made you feel like the most important person in the room when she talked to you.

"What's your poison, Kay?" I asked Kimmy.

"Four Loko! I'm chugging it like it's going out of style!" She laughed. "What were you and Eric discussing?" She asked with a perplexed grin. I could tell she was a little buzzed.

"Manly things. Beards, cigarettes, condoms. You know." I shrugged sarcastically.

"Shut up, O'Callaghan." She chuckled quietly.

I just smiled and looked at her.

I don't think I ever really noticed how beautiful she was. She had vibrant brunette hair and the brightest smile. Her make up was always perfect and she was never in a bad mood. She didn't even have to dress up to look amazing, either. She was dressed in jeans, cowboy boots, and a plain white v-neck.

"You amaze me, Halvorsen." I muttered under my breath.

"What was that, mumbler?" She asked.

"Nothing, little Halvo. I need to go get some air. Care to join?" I offered, praying she would say yes.

"No thanks. I'm gonna head home. I don't want my mom to catch me like this." She smirked as she put her cup down.

"I'll walk you." I suggested as I also set my cup down.

She just shrugged and walked to the door.

I followed her outside as I felt the cool breeze hit my face.

"So, how is your junior year, really?" I asked.

"It's not bad. I'm kind of stressing over my SAT prep class. It makes them sound so scary, and you know how I get during tests." She sighed.

I did. Since I met Halvo in freshman year when Kimmy was 14, she had always gotten nervous about tests. Even in Latin, which was one of her best subjects. We took that class together, that's how we've gotten to know each other so well. She always let me copy her homework.

"Yeah, I don't know why though. You're practically a prodigy Miss 4.5 GPA." I teased.

"Oh please, you have like a 3.9." She stated as she walked faster down the sidewalk towards her house. I noticed that she wrapped her arms tightly around her body for warmth. Normally, I would have offered her my jacket but I wasn't wearing one so I tried to just keep up with her pace.

"More like a 3.2." I corrected.

"Whatever. It's still awesome." She chuckled.

"You're the one destined for greatness, kid." I smirked. "Have you figured out what you want to do yet?"

"No. Not at all, actually." She said simply. "You? You're the senior! I still have another year."

"Well I'm going to ASU just taking the general classes." I told her.

"So you'll be around still? Good." She said trying to hide her smile.

"Yeah, I woulda missed you too much." I said, trying to flirt a little.

She just kept quiet until we reached her house. She wasn't the kind of girl who was oblivious to things like flirting. I braced myself for her coldness.

"Bye, John." She said giving me a little wave a walking into her house.

"Bye, Kimmy. See you Monday." I waved back.

She didn't even turn back before walking into her house and shutting the door behind her.

When Kimmy found out that a guy liked her, she pulled a total Ice Queen. She would basically just act as if the guy fell off the face of the Earth. I don't think she knows, but her nickname at school is Never Been Kissed.

I was determined to end it. For her. Yeah, just for her. Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
John's having some weird feelings... Hmmm...
Comment and subscribe! I need at least one comment before posting the next chapter.