Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Haunted

I got up from the bench and walked towards the taxi that I had called for. I turned around before I got in and took a good look at John, for I knew it would be the last time I would see him in a long while.

I got home and ran to my bedroom, ignoring questions from my mother, and cried myself to sleep still in prom dress.

The next day I woke up and knew what I had to do. I picked up my phone and dialed my aunt's number and held the device to my ear.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey aunt Bev, could I ask a huge favor?"

"Sure honey. What is it?" She asked softly as if she could hear the pain in my voice.

"Could I stay with you for awhile? I really just need to get away." I informed her.

"Yeah honey. Whatever you need. When do you want me to come pick you up?"

"I can be packed by two." I answered.

"Okay, see you soon."

And just like that, the deal was done.

I packed up and moved to Tuscon. I had a lengthy discussion with my mother and she agreed that it would be best for me to go.

I didn't say goodbye to anyone but her. Not even my own brother.

Quentin was overjoyed to learn I would be occupying the guest room for a few months.

I mailed in all of my finals and took summer classes to graduate by September.

I gave up Latin. It reminded me of him.

Then again, everything did.

He was like a ghost haunting me. I could almost feel him sleeping next to me at night, or riding with me in the car.

I tried my best to forget about him, but I would still get misty eyed whenever something reminded me of our relationship.

He crossed my mind almost everyday.

My heart still hurt every time I thought about that night.

Actually, the hurt never stopped.

John

I never saw her again after that night. Eric didn't talk to me for weeks.

I lost a piece of myself that night. I felt lost and empty. I couldn't even look at myself.

And I cried.

I actually cried over a girl.

My parents knew something was wrong with me, but they didn't question me. They treated me like I ticking time bomb. And rightly so. I would go off any time day or night about anything.

The band started to take off which everybody was happy about.

I just wanted someone to share it with.

I want her.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
The sequel is up. Subscribe!
Comment!
And a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on this story! I love you!