Sequel: Love Tricked Me
Status: Done

Sweetheart, Just Be Real

Kiss

Thanksgiving on Thursday was a small family gathering an hour away that included my family, my grandparents, and cousins that we rarely talked to. It was full of small talk and fake smiles.

Today, was black Friday which meant one thing. Christmas Movie Party!

I woke up and got ready to go Johns. I admittedly took more time than usual to get ready. I did my wavy hair in loose curls that framed my face and made my make up look extra nice.

I wore jeans and a red long sleeved shirt with a Christmas pattern on it. John loved holiday clothes.

I was putting finishing touches on my hair when my brother burst through my door.

"If John knocks on the door one more time I will throw you out the window." He threatened.

"Gosh, I didn't even hear him." I muttered.

"Just go mack with your new beau already." He mumbled before exiting my room.

"We're not going out!" I called to him.

"Whatever." I heard him reply.

I turned off my curling iron and ran down the stairs. I tried to catch my breath before opening the door to John.

"Hey." I smiled as he came into view. He looked amazing. His long hair was swooped to the side and his eyes looked brighter than usual.

"Hey! You look..." He smiled as he tried to think of a word. "Gorgeous."

"Thank you." I grinned as I tucked some hair behind my ear. "Are you ready to go?"

He just stared at me for a second. "Huh? Oh! Yeah, let's go."

"Is Chad still there?" I grumbled as we walked to the truck.

"Unfortunately." He sighed as he pulled open my door.

"I could get used to this." I grinned.

He just smiled back and closed my door.

I quickly buckled my seatbelt. When John jumped in he glanced over and chuckled.

"So you've finally caught on." He stated proudly.

"Yep! Every time I get in a car, I hear your voice go 'seatbelt!' now." I laughed.

"Good. I want you to be safe." He smiled as he started driving.

I watched him carefully as he drove. He took every turn with caution and drove exactly the speed limit. He was a bit of a rebel when it came to most things, but on the road he followed all the rules.

"What?" He asked as he caught me staring.

"I never noticed how good of a driver you were." I complimented.

"Thanks." He grinned.

Once we arrived at his house, we got comfortable on the couch and watched Elf first.

I wrapped myself up in a blanket on the opposite end of the couch John was on.

"Pumpkin pie ice cream?" He asked as he got up.

"Yes!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Whoa Johno keep it down." Chad yelled from the next room.

"Shut the fuck up, Chad." He groaned.

He went out to the kitchen and I paused the movie.

He came back and handed me a bowl of orange ice cream.

"I love this stuff." I moaned as the sweet pumpkin flavor touched my lips.

"Me too." He said, taking a seat right next to me.

We watched the movie in silence until we finished our dessert.

John set his bowl on the stand next to the couch and I handed him mine.

"Thanks." I murmured as I stayed focused on the movie.

Instead of responding, he just wrapped his arm around my shoulder. My heartbeat sped up and I tried to just relax.

"Kay." John breathed.

I turned my head to him and he looked down at me.

He leaned his head down and his lips made contact with mine. His slightly chapped lips moved gently against soft pink ones.

My first kiss.

My mind raced and my heart felt like it was going to explode. His lips tasted like pumpkin pie for obvious reasons.

He pulled away and that's when I got nervous.

"J-John. Can you take me home?" I asked as I stood up.

"Kimmy-" he sighed desperately.

"Please." I begged, with my body turned away from him.

"Yeah, just a second." He mumbled as he got up and grabbed his keys.

I walked out to his truck and this time he didn't open the door for me.

What is wrong with me? This is what I wanted! I'm so stupid.

He took off down the road. I pulled my seatbelt across my chest and buckled it.

As we pulled up to a small intersection John looked both ways before pulling out into the middle and the truck came to a halt.

"John, what are you doing?" I asked nervously as I saw a bigger truck coming our way.

"I don't know! It just stopped!" He exclaimed as he stomped on the gas pedal.

"John, make it go!" I cried as the vehicle got closer.

He quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and embraced my body tightly to protect me from the soon-to-be crash.

"Kimmy, I lo-"

He was cut off by the large vehicle ramming into the drivers side.

After the noise stopped, I peeked up at John and his eyes were closed. Then, his limp arms fell off of my body.

"John?" I asked quietly.

I brought my shaking hand up to his face and stroked his cheek.

"John please!" I cried.

"Hey! Are you okay? I'm sorry I couldn't stop in time!" An older man said as he stepped out of the crumpled automobile.

"Call an ambulance! He's not waking up!" I ordered as I held his limp body.

"Please be okay."

The next few moments were a blur and suddenly I felt somebody pulling me out of the totaled truck.

"What?" I asked in a haze of confusion and hurt.

"Miss, you're bleeding. I need you to come with me." A man dressed in navy blue ordered.

"But- but John." I stuttered as I reached my arm in his direction.

"We're getting him out of the car. You can ride in the ambulance with him, but right now I need you to come with me." He said calmly.

"No! John..." I croaked.

The man pulled me away and sat me down in the ambulance. He placed a warm blanket around me to try to get my body to stop shaking, but it wasn't working.

I can't really remember what happened. All I could think about was John.

I heard people shouting words like "unconscious" and "possible brain damage" as they set him on a stretcher. They wheeled him inside the ambulance and placed him next to me.

I saw the once lively boy laying there, bloody and unconscious.

As the man in front of me stitched up my cuts, I broke down crying.

"Miss, I need you to remain calm." The paramedic instructed.

"I can't! I need to know if he's okay!" I shouted.

"We don't know yet. We'll have somebody talk to you when we get to the hospital." One of them told me. I pushed away from them and knelt next to John.

"Please be okay," I sniffled.

"I need you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Amazing comments everyone!
Thank you so so so much!!!
Comment again and I'll post the next chapter as soon as I get 10:)
Subscribe!