My Only Sunshine

First Day

Matt's hands were removed from my face, and I slowly opened my eyes, a beautiful scene being exposed. It was the beach... but it was pretty much empty. I gasped, "Matt this place is beautiful," I looked all around, taking the sight in. I inhaled the smell of the ocean.

"So I take it you like it?" Matt asked, showing his adorable dimples.

I nodded, smiling back at him, "Yeah, its beautiful... but how in the hell is it empty..."

He laughed, "This a secluded part... we aren't suppose to be over here, but who gives a shit?"

I shrugged, "Not me."

"Good," He said with a laugh. His laugh was so freakin] cute... just everything about him was pretty cute. Oh god... what was I thinking? The next thing I knew, Matt had a grip on my arm and he was pulling me towards the edge of the water. The cool water splashed against my feet, giving me the chills.

"Its so lovely out here," I told him after we were quite for awhile.

He nodded, looking out into the view, "Yeah, it really is," He paused and looked my way, "But you're lovelier."

I looked down at my feet and blushed, "Thanks..." I mumbled. I heard him laugh, I looked up, and I saw him taking off his shirt, my eyes widened; he was ripped, and covered in more tattoos then I thought, and damn did it look good. I studied him for a brief moment, until..

"Hey, take a picture it'll last longer," He joked with a cackle following. My cheeks turned into a deep shade of red, which made him laugh some more. "Wanna have a race?" He challenged, I looked up a laugh.

"Matt... I don't have a bathing suit..."

"So? I'm swimming in my boxers!" The next thing I knew, he dropped his pants to the ground, exposing more of his body. He was left in plaid boxers, and I tried so hard not to look. I starred down at my shoes.

"So..." Matt asked, "Wanna?" He elbowed me.

I sighed to myself. It wasn't like I didn't want to, but I wasn't totally comfortable with it; I wasn't really... I was a very insecure person; I didn't ever feel beautiful or good enough for anyone, but hell, I didn't even know... Fuck it, it didn't really matter anyways.

I looked up at Matt through the corner of my eye and nodded,earning a dimplely smile from him. I took off my pants first, leaving me in black boy shorts. Then I took a deep breath and took off my tee-shirt, along with my tank-top, which left me in black boy shorts and a black bra.

"Damn..." I heard Matt whisper, and I watched him study me.

"So," I started, my voice cracked a little because I hadn't talked, "Wanna race now?"

This time, Matt was the one to nod, "Yeah," He looked out to the ocean, then pointed to something off in the distance, "That."

"Okay... one, two, three," Before I could say 'go' Matt ran into the water and started to swim off, I ran in after him, and eventually I caught up to him. "I never said go, asshole!" I panted.

Matt snickered, "Yeah and you never said we were going on go!" Then he swam right passed me and made it to the closest buoy, and I swam right beside him. "I WIN!" he deemed.

I rolled my eyes, "Nope sorry, you lost."

He laughed, "You're just a hater."

"No, you're just a cheater," I said, poking him, "Cheater, cheater, cheater."

He raised an eyebrow, "Don't be jealous."

"Hm. Well, why would I be jealous of you?" I joked.

He placed his hand on his chest and gasped, pretending to be taken aback, "I resent that!"

"Well prove that you're a winner!"

"Okay, race me back to the shoreline?" He challenged.

"You're on... and this time we go, when I say go." I pretended to growl, making him laugh at me.

"One,"

"Two," He said for me, making me smile.

"Three," I said.

"GO!" We both screamed simultaneously. Then was started to swim, Matt was a fast swimmer, he was speeding in front of me, I tried to swim faster, placing my head underneath the water. But when I tried to resurface, there was only more water, I tried to pull myself up from underneath the sea water, but still I couldn't get up. I was running low on oxygen, and I started to gasp, taking all of the water inside my body, and my lungs filled with water, the sun shinning in the water started to fade, as did everything around me, then everything was gone.

---

There was pounding on my chest and airing trying to enter my lungs, my eyes opened, and everything was spinning, the person above me, wasn't trying to give me air anymore but they were pounding on my chest still, I coughed, water exiting my mouth and my lungs, I coughed it all up, then gasped in all the air that I could. Eventually my sight came back, and I saw Matt.

"You okay?" He cooed, stroking my face.

I nodded, coughing a little more, "What happened?"

"Well, you tried to beat me, and you almost drowned. But I saved you... thank-god," He smiled, as if he was trying to reassure me that everything was going to be okay.

I pulled myself up, and hugged him. He did save my life after all, "Thanks Superman," I told him.

He hugged me back, "It's Super Matt actually," He joked, making me laugh a little.

"Oh sorry, super Matt."

"You should be..." We both laughed, "Let's put some clothes on... and not go swimming. I don't want to actually lose you next time we race."

I hit him, jokingly. "Hush up." After, we found our clothes and put them back on our bodies.

"I'm starving," He told me, looking my way, "Wanna go get something to eat?"

I shrugged, "Sure... but I don't have any money... I'll pay you back though."

He waved his hand at me, "Don't even worry about it, its on me."

"You sure?"

He nodded, "A hundred percent,"

"Okay," We walked back to his car, then we both got inside. And we drove off to where ever Matt wanted to eat. I just watched the window and thought about how he saved me... it made me actually feel cared about. It was a good feeling... I just couldn't wrap my heart around the fact that he actually liked me. My thoughts were interrupted when Matt said,

"We're here," He told me, I looked up at the place, it was a small little restaurant. It looked nice though, "This is my favorite place in town, well besides Johnny's."

I gave him a strange look, "What's Johnny's?"

"The greatest place in the world. My band-mates, and me always go there."

Band? "You're in a band?"

"Yep," Oh fuck yes.

"Thats awesome! What are you guys called?"

"Well.. we're still trying to come up with a name," He told me with a laugh.

I laughed too, "Are you guys good?"

He opened his mouth, then closed it, then reopened, "You should judge for yourself; come watch us sometime."

"I'd love too." We smiled at each other, then we both got out of the car and went into the restaurant. We took a seat, and sat their in an awkward silence until the waitress came over and asked us what we wanted to drink.

"Mountain Dew, please," Matt asked. Then the waitress looked at me.

"Uh, can I have a Dr. Pepper?" She nodded, then walked away.

"Dr. Pepper fan, eh?" Matt asked, leaning on the table.

I nodded, "Yep, I love it. So you're a Mountain Dew fan?"

"That's an understatement," I laughed, and he still looked at me with a serious face, "I love Mountain Dew."

"I never had it before," I looked up from my menu and told him that. His jaw dropped.

"NEVER HAD MOUNTAIN DEW? OH MY GOD," As soon as the waitress came back with our drinks, he shoved the glass towards me, and pointed at it. I took a sip, and man was it good.

"This is good," I told him.

"Duh," He took his drink back and took a big sip, then looked up at the waitress, "Can I have a cheese burger and fries, same for her." She nodded then walked away.

"Maybe I didn't want a cheese burger, I told him while I played with my straw.

"Well, its gonna be one of the best cheese burgers you will ever have, so thank me later."

We continued to sit in silence for awhile. "Where are you from?" Matt asked randomly.

I swallowed my Dr. Pepper, "Massachusetts."

"Oh.. so this is all wicked different, huh?"

I nodded, "Extremely." I was slowly starting to like it though... but I did miss everything about home.

"You're sixteen, right?" I nodded, "I am too.... why haven't I seen you at school?"

"You weren't looking,"

The waitress came back with our food, and we ate quietly "Oh my damn, Matt this burger is so fucking good," I nearly moaned when I took a bite.

He laughed, "Told you so..." He sang.

I smacked his elbow that was on the table, "Quite Matthew."

He grinned, then we finished eating. His phone started to ring, and I heard him sigh. "I gotta go.. its time for band practice... want to go?"

I shook my head, "I can't... Sorry." I didn't want to annoy him all day.. I mean I wanted to go, but it's just... I don't even know.

"Oh, okay. Do you need a ride?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I still don't know my way."
♠ ♠ ♠
:D