Status: Updates when possible... ^__^

To Cross the New Divide

We Are Family

The next morning, I woke up so groggy. It was one of those nights where you just have your eyes closed and all you do is toss and turn so you go to sleep. I rolled out of bed, literally, and walked over to my closet. I pulled on a pair of blue skinny jeans and a tank top. I guess I pulled a little hard on my sweater, because I fell straight on my back. I let out a painful yelp. I sighed my rubbed my back as I stood trying to get rid of the pain. I walked down the steps, my knee high boots making a sound with each step, and walked into the kitchen. Charlie wasn’t downstairs yet, so I made coffee for the both us. I heard the phone ring and sighed. “I got, don’t worry,” I said to no one in particular. (Sophia/Caller)

“Hello?”

“Uh, hi, is Charlie there?

I recognized the voice immediately.

“Aunt Renee?”

“Sophia?” I heard her laugh and gasp. “How are you, I miss you, I heard about your parents, are you okay? Do you need anything?”

I laughed at all of her questions, “I’m good, I miss you too, I am okay, and no, I don’t need anything,”

“Okay, is Charlie around?

I looked behind me and saw Charlie coming down the stairs and then come into the kitchen.

“He’s right here aunt Renee, I love you,”

I barely heard the ‘I love you too,’ when I gave the phone to Charlie. I then began making cinnamon roll. The store ones weren’t as good as the real thing, but they were still good. I put them in the oven. I saw Charlie smiling as he was talking to aunt Renee, wasn’t she remarried? bad uncle Charlie, Bad. They talked for a few more minutes. The moment he hung up, the bell had gone off for the cinnamon rolls. Come to momma, cinnamony goodness.

“What was that about uncle Charlie?” I asked stuffing my face with a roll, and sighing in content.

"It’s a surprise, your up early,” I took a drink of the milk I had sighed.

“Couldn’t sleep,” he nodded and took a cinnamon roll for himself.

__________________________________________________________

I pulled into the parking lot, music down low, and a massive headache. I was just so exhausted. Last time this happened was when I had finals last year. I couldn’t sleep at all, and I was so tired that I was surprised when I passed all of my test with flying colors. I turned off my car and when to grab my bags when a voice scared the living daylights out of me.

"Hey Soph," Rose said. I placed a hand over my heart and glared at her with a burning passion.

“A little warning next time you plan on scaring me,” I said grabbing my backpack and my purse. I opened my door and slowly stood up. My back was aching with pain.

"What's wrong?" Jasper asked. I turned to find all of the Cullens and Hales right behind me. Wow, they move fast. I slumped my shoulders and shook my head.

"When I got dressed this morning, I fell on my ass because I grabbed my sweater a little to hard,” I threw my backpack over my shoulder and my purse in the crease of my arm.

"So your just a klutz then?” Edward asked with a crooked smile. I punched him lightly in the stomach and I linked arms with Emmett, who instead put an arm around my shoulders as we walked towards the entrance.

"I‘ll see you in class, Soph," Alice said, as she skipped of towards the art wing. I laughed as she skipped and turned towards the others.

"Is she always this hyper?" I joked. Edward took me from Emmett’s arm and wrapped it around my waist as he led me the direction of the hyper pixie.

"It took us a while, but all she is, is just a hyper little pixie," he laughed. I leaned into his chest and waved bye to the others. For some unknown reason I had this weird connection with Edward, not in a loving way, but in a brother and sister way.

“So why is everyone staring at me?” I asked looking up at him. He smirked and placed my hand in the crook of his arm.

"Because, you are the only one who befriended us. No one else has the guts too.”

"Aw," These people were so sweet, much better then the Italians. I saw Edward look at me once more before turning forward.

___________________________________________
After a rather uneventful day. I didn’t go home right away. Instead I went to my old tumbling/gymnastics center which was right by the police station. I threw my hands up when I saw that is was closed for the day.

I decided to just go into town and see what I what kind of trouble in could get into. I groaned as I saw my uncles name pop up onto my phone screen. (Sophia/Uncle)

“Hello?”

“Sweet Sweet Sophia, how are you?”

“English today, what’s wrong?”

“It’s so empty without you here, come home,”

I got out of the car and walked into a fabric store. Fashion design is something I always loved doing. I looked around at all the fabrics. One in particular caught my attention. I was white and sort of silky material.

“I’m happy here, besides, this was where I was born and raised for most of my childhood. Italy will always be my second home, but I’m most comfortable here,”

He sighed. I picked up the material and looked around some more. I found some soft white sheer fabric. It was really pretty. I waved over a sales associate and listened to my Uncle rant.

“Can I get three yards of this please?” She nodded and walked away with the fabric in hand.

“Okay Uncle! I understand you want me home, and believe me, I want to be there and I love you and everyone there, but I need some space, okay, I love you, bye,”

I snapped my phone shut and put it back into my purse. I felt a hand tapping my shoulder and turned around. I smiled as I saw it was Alice and Rosalie.

“Hey, what are you guys doing here?” I asked giving them a hug.

“Just shopping, and we saw you in here and thought we join you,” Rosalie said with a small smile.

“Ma’am, your fabric?” I nodded my thanks before remembering. “Do you guys carry the small white fabric buttons?” Alice and Rosalie looked to me in interest.

“How many ma’am?” I thought for a moment.

“About 150 should be alright, and do you carry some sort of old fashioned lace?” She pointed in the general direction of it before going off to get the buttons.

“What are you making Soph?” Rosalie asked looking at all of the stuff in my arms.

“Uh, a dress, I need a project, so I’m going to make a dress,” I set everything that was in my arms down and began to look through all the fabrics.

“Since when do you make dresses Soph?” Alice asked looking through the different fabrics on the shelves.

“My mom she had a lot of free time on her vacations so she taught me to sew and make different things, and I’ve done it ever since,” I said with a small shrug. I found a pretty swirl lace and took the fabric out and over to the counter.

“How much?” I looked at her name tag that said Natalie.

“Uh, two yards, please and thank you Natalie,” she smiled and began cutting it out.

After paying I walked out of the store, Alice and Rosalie in tow. They pointed out to me a little store, that had some cute stuff. Hey, why not?

“So Soph, you never told us why you came to Forks,” I dropped the earring I was holding before I quickly picking it back up. I looked over to them and shook my head.

“I can’t, I want to, but I can’t,” I replied with a small voice. I saw them looked to each other before pulling my down to the couch that was in there.

"You can tell us anything, you know. We promise we won't tell anyone," Rosalie said, I ran a hand through my dark wavy locks and looked to both of them. They were the only people here I was close with, what was the worst that could happen?

"Uh well one night my parents had to work late at work. They were both surgeons, my mother was a heart surgeon and my father was a brain surgeon. They were both brilliant. They always put there patients before anything else, except me of course. Uh, my father had been in surgery so they got out later then usual, around two and before my mom asked me to take her car back and that she would drive my dad. So I did. I got home ate dinner and went to bed.”

"Then next thing I know I was being woken up by one of my mom’s friends and she is crying. I go downstairs and I find a police man and he tells me to sit down. They found my dad’s car, and the car had been completely burned. All that was left was the outline of the car, and my parents bodies, were burned to a crisp. They had to identify them by there dental records,” I let out bitter laugh. Rosalie had a very sad look on her face, one that mirrored Alice’s. “Before they asked me anything, I remembered just walking up to their bedroom and crawling under their covers, hoping it was a dream, and they would come in and say surprise,” I joked slightly. Alice squeezed my hand and I felt a tear run down my face. I quickly wiped it away.

"Oh, So, I‘m so sorry,” Alice said wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“I’m not going to cry, it’s just been a little difficult because I know I can never see them again,” I shook my head. Besides, I still my Uncle and my….. extended family…

"Charlie knows, my mom was his older sister," I muttered.

"I can't believe that you had to go through something like that," she whispered. I chuckled darkly. I laid my head on hers and Rosalie laid her head my right shoulder.

"Tell me about it."
____________________________________________

About two hours later, the three of us were shopping around, trying on different stuff, and just having a good time. “So what about you guys?” I asked looking at a sho

"What's your life stories?" I asked. The both looked at each other, having a silent conversation with their eyes.

"Well..." Rosalie began, but I could tell she was uncomfortable.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I understand," I said. And I did. I wasn't mad or anything, a little confused, sure, but not mad. Rosalie smiled gratefully.

"Soph, we will tell you one day, but...just not right now," she said. I nodded.

"Okay."

I heard my phone beep and glanced at the message. Meet me at the diner for dinner I barked a laugh. Charlie shouldn’t ever text. Ever.

After waving goodbye to my two new favorite people I drove to the diner. It was small and adorable. I walked in and found Charlie sitting in the corner.

"Hey Uncle Charlie,” He looked up from his newspaper and smiled.

"Hey, have fun shopping?" Charlie asked. I nodded.

"Yes, hey I‘m going to La Push tomorrow to see a friend, is that okay?"

"Yea, that’s fine, who are you going to see?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Sam Uley, is he still living in the same house?"

"As far I know, you two were so close as kids, can‘t imagine what‘s gonna happen now," he said in a somewhat awkward tone. I choked on my water I was drinking.

"Uncle Charlie, Sam is my brother in everyway but blood, and that is all I will see him as,"

"Right," I took a bite of my Caesar salad and looked out the window.

Forks was getting interesting…

__________________________________________

The next day at school was very uneventful. I started sitting with a Cullen’s and Hales. I sat with Edward on my left, and Rosalie on right. They were so sweet and kind, and I just love being near them, it just made my life so much more better. They were my family.
I walked out to my car and threw my bags in.

"So, what are you doing after school, Soph?" Emmett asked me. I jumped at his voice and pushed against him. He didn’t even budge. I know he’s built, but no man can’t be knocked and still be balanced.

"Going to visit a friend in La Push, and just going to finish my thesis for English,” I looked at my phone and was surprised not to get any messages from my Uncle Crazy.

"The Indian Reservation?" Rosalie asked, and I noticed a slight growl in her voice. I nodded.

"Yeah, why?" I asked. They looked at each other, and shrugged.

"No reason. Have fun, Soph," Rosalie said, hugging me and then walking off to her BMW. Emmett stood there for a moment, and then gave me a tight hug.

"Be careful," he muttered lowly.

"I will," I said, patting his back. He pulled away, stuffed his hands in his pockets, and strode towards his jeep. I climbed into my Audi and drove to La Push.

I stared at the scenery as I went by. I hadn’t realized how much I missed this place. Forks would forever be my home, and I would never leave here.

I pulled up to a two story house that was made out of wood. It was small and quaint. I always wanted to live in a house like this. But my life style was large, fast, and perfect. And no, I’m not talking about a dick, but my way of living. I got out of the car and approached the house. I knocked on the door and waited. I heard footsteps come down the stairs and a man with long jet black hair and tan skin come to the door. He seemed surprised to see me.

“Can I help you?” He asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Yea, I’m looking for Sammy, little dorky and loves to kick a girls butt by the name of Fifi,” A look of realization crossed his face as he began to grin.

“Sophia!” He said grabbing me in a tight bear hug, “What the hell are you doing here, Loca?”

“Oh you know causing trouble, but I needed my partner in crime for that,” He pulled me inside and we began to catch up. I told him about my parents, which I saw broke his heart a little, and about college, which he couldn’t stop grinning about, and about everything else that was happening. I looked at my phone and back at Sam and frowned.

“I got to go Sammy, I have school in the morning and I have a paper due the day after tomorrow, but I love you so much,” I said. He put his arm around my shoulder and walked me out to my car. He then pulled me into a tight embrace.

“I love you Sammy,” I said as I buried my head into his shoulder. He buried his head into my hair and I felt him inhale.

I got in my car and I waved to him as I took to the empty roads.

Now I had my family back