The Rise

You Caught My Eye.

I strolled in at 4:30P.M. an hour late as usual. Night school at Lincoln Academy.

This is what i was late for every Tuesday and Thursday.

I was a junior at Stillwater High school and i had flunked the first semester of my classes, So here i was, Trying to catch up on lost time.

The teacher greeted me without asking me where I'd been because at this point they were lucky i bothered to show up at all.

An education had never been a priority for me. I already knew everything i needed to know to make it in life.

It seemed simple enough to me. I dropped my backpack and set down next to Bryan.

Bryan Monte Money had been my best-friend since 7th grade.

Just like me he could care less about his education, But he did have the courtesy to at least show up on time.

"Late again?" he teased. "Nope 4:30 as usual." I countered.

We quickly did a few chapters of history to keep the teacher of our backs then we sat and talked the rest of the time.

It was 5 o'clock. We were anxiously awaiting 5:30 so Bryan and I could go meet up with Max for band practice.

That's when she walked in. Both our jaws dropped. I looked at Bryan and simply said "Dibs."

Bryan went back to what he was doing and accepted defeat.

She the most beautiful piece of work I'd ever seen.

She had ocean blue eyes and shoulder length brown hair, Not to mention her figure practically made my package explode.

"Your a little late." I said sarcastically . "So were you!" Bryan reminded me.

Bryan and i started arguing and she just sat down. I whispered to Bryan "Shut up!" and turned to the girl.

"You always this late or did you just want to make an entrance?" "Ha-ha no. It's my first day." She said.

"Oh well my name's Ellis." i said. She giggled and said "Savanna."

Then the bell rang, so Bryan and I grabbed our bags and headed for the door. "See you around." I said to her.

She just waved as we walked out of the classroom.

As Bryan and I were walking down the hall Bryan said "Man! She was Gorgeous!"

I simply looked at Bryan and said "This one's mine."