Status: active, but updates are slow. sorry. /:

You Can't Win This Fight

I Feel Like I'm Losing My Mind

-McKenna's POV-
"No, I will not fuck your mom," came from a group sitting on the steps. I shuddered slightly. What had I gotten myself into? With each step closer to the office, I felt like this idea was getting worse and worse. People's eyes inspected me thoroughly. I could have swore some of them had x-ray vision.
I swung the door to the office open to find a boy arguing with a well dressed woman.
"I don't understand! I didn't do a fucking thing!" he screamed in her face.
She only shook her head, as if his tone had no effect on her. "Detention. Three days. I'll add another if you continue to openly disapprove of your punishment." The woman turned to me and smiled. "Would you two please step into my office?" I nodded, but the boy threw his arms up in defeat.
I took a seat in one of the gray plush chairs, the boy doing the same with the one next to mine.
"Can I safely assume you're McKenna Adams?" she asked, and I nodded. "Good. Well, welcome to Huntington Beach High. I'm Ms. Perkins, the principal here. This here is Zachary, he frequents my office. Although, I was hoping he could lay off of that since it's the last three days of his senior year," she added, shooting daggers through the boy called Zachary. I shot a glance at him and realized he's pretty hot.
"As added punishment to you, Zack, you will be McKenna's student adviser. You will show her around. I've already got her in all of your classes, don't worry." She handed me my schedule. "Just follow him around. You won't get lost," she said to me with a smile. "Have a good day." Zack and I left the office. I followed him to the group of people who were sitting on the steps. "Dude, I didn't ask you to do anything to my mom!" the shortest of the kid yelled. The other three just laughed.
"Vengeance! Who's the chick?" one very buff kid asked, slipping aviators on.
Zack groaned and sat next to him. "Her name's McKenna. I have to student advise her because she's new."
The short one laughed. "Don't sound so excited!"
Zack hit him. "Shut the fuck up, short shit."
"I, um, have to go to the bathroom," I lied.
"Do you know how to get there?" he asked. I nodded and walked away as quickly as I could.
Welcome to Hell.

-X-

-Zacky's POV-
"Why are you such a dick to her?" Matt asked me. Val had found us and was snuggling up against him, making me want to puke. He was so lucky that he found his soul mate.
"I think it's her," I whispered. Brian's eyes widened.
"Then don't treat her like shit!" Jimmy yelled a little too loudly.
I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. "I just, I don't know what to do. Matt, what was it like when you met Val?"
He smiled. This was a very good memory for him. "I knew it was her. She was only ten, but she was beautiful. I knew what she was gonna look like when she was older. I knew everything about her just by looking at her. And I hated her at first. I had a girlfriend. But she stole my heart.
"So, what do you know about her?"
I shook my head. "She's eighteen. Her birthday's the same as mine. Her favorite band is The Misfits. She doesn't like to be rejected. Her parents died when she was three, and she's here because she hates her foster family." I looked up at the four faces staring at me. "It's her, isn't it?"
Matt nodded. Brian smiled. He was glad to not be the only one who just found his soul mate.
See, when you're a vampire, you have a soul mate. They could be a human, they could be a vampire. Somebody thought it was be interesting to watch us try so hardly to find our other halves. The only things that sucks is there gets to be a point where you can't live without them, and you have to either change them or watch them die.
"What do I do now? I already fucked everything up."
"Just try to talk to her. She doesn't like rejection, remember?" Brian spoke up.
I sighed. "I guess you're right." I made my way back into the school. She was sitting by my locker. I smiled and approached her.
"Hey, sorry about earlier. I've just had a bad morning." I held my hand out. "Start over?"
She smiled and took my hand, helping herself get up. "Hello, I'm McKenna Adams, and I'm from Maryland. I like heavy metal and piercings."
I returned her smile. "I'm Zachary Baker. I like heavy metal, piercings, and you."
She blushed. "Well thank you, Zachary, for being so nice to me the second time around."
"My pleasure. Would you like to skip school with me?"
McKenna looked at her schedule. "Hell yes. I need a break. I moved here over a weekend, I need to finish moving in. Would you mind helping?"
I took her hand in mine delicately. "I would love to help you move in. Where do you live?"
She chuckled. "An incredibly shitty apartment on the east side."
"You can't live there."
"Why not?"
"That's where the drug deals happen. I'm not going to let you live there."
"I don't have a choice. I can't afford anything else."
I thought about this. I lived by myself, with an extra bedroom....
"Live with me."
She stepped back. We were now walking away from Huntington Beach High and towards east side.
"Zachary, I can't do that."
"Please, call me Zacky."
"I still can't live with you."
"Why the fuck not? I don't have parents either, and I hate rejection just like you!"
She had started walking again, but didn't exactly walk right next to me. "How do you know?" she whispered.
"I have to explain a lot to you, but I can't do it right now."
"Why not?" She was getting angry with me, but I couldn't just let her know everything.
"Let's just skip school for the next three days. I've already graduated a billion times-" Shit. Did I just say that out loud?
She shook her head. "I'd say yes, but not with you, you asshole."
I grabbed her. "You'll be quiet and listen to me or I'll fucking kill you," I whispered in her ear. I was so sick of her goddamn attitude.
I honestly didn't know how she was my soul mate, but apparently, she was. And I was going to do whatever I could to make her understand that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wuhbam. New story! The reason I'm starting so many is because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and I'll be writing like a madwoman while I can't exactly talk right. So...yeah. :D
And you know the Nightmare After Christmas tour? Dude, I'm totally going to that. (;
I love comments....just sayin'. (:
Don't be silent readers! Input makes the updates come quicker.