The Only Hope for Me is You

Collapsed

My heart started to beat really quickly. It was either something really bad, or it's been a mistake and I shouldn't be here. I was afraid to know.

I sat there patiently, the suspense growing. I looked over to Matt, and he looked just as worried as I did. The nurse finally spoke.

"Uhm.." He began. "It says here.. uhm.." Stuttering, as if he didn't want to be the one to tell me. "You know when you sleep you brain, 'recharges'?

It felt the nurse was trying to find an easier way to tell me. I just stared, I didn't say anything. I was afraid to know.

"Well, you're brain doesn't necessarily does it's job."

"What do you mean?" I pressed. I was in shock. I couldn't believe it.

"You sleep, right? Well, when you do, your brain doesn't recharge, so to speak, it doesn't do it's job... which is most likely why you collapsed a week ago. Your brain couldn't function any longer."

I was in total disbelief. Speechless. It was like I just got smacked in the face. Did I do this to myself? Did I make my brain not want to work properly? I mean, I don't do drugs. I drink, that's about it. Can that possibly do something like this?

And at that thought, I went back in time.

Last Week

My head has been hurting all day. It's just a migraine, I thought.

I was sitting by the window; left and across the room from my english teachers desk. We had to finish reading the third chapter of the book 'Walkabout,' since this class doesn't like reading the book aloud, that was our punishment.

I looked up, after reading four out of the ten pages, diagonally right from me, and I caught Kevin just looking at me. He didn't even look away. I became self-conscious, and started to finish the chapter.

With two minutes until the bell rings, I sat there playing with my phone, glancing up at Kevin only a few times. My teacher asked me if I was done reading the chapter, because for some reason every time he looks at me I'm always texting or looking at my phone. I nodded yes, honestly I did read the book; and I do, do my work, I just do it quickly, and not really to the best of my ability because what is answering an obvious question has to teach you?

The bell finally rang, and I stood up, grabbing my bad from the floor in the process. My head hurt even more as I got up, I felt dizzy. Deciding to just shrug it off, it could just be an empty stomach, I waited for the girl that sits two seats behind me to walk in front of me.

I made my way out of the classroom, trying to not bump to anyone.Global, my next class, was right next to the one I just had. As I was walking to the classroom, I felt my legs start to shake, and I started to space out, it seemed. I got worried and scared. What if I passed out right now? Maybe I should eat lunch more often, I probably wouldn't be feeling this way. Not being able to control myself, I dropped my bag, and I felt my legs just crumble beneath me, and I felt my head hit hard against the ground. I heard faint screams and gasps, as I slowly went into blackness.
♠ ♠ ♠
It seems like I just can't get this story to get interesting.

I should make something crazy happen...

gerard way dolls to everyone the comments!

xoxx