Best Friends Forever, Lovers Never?

Pt 1

"Alexis Genevieve Chapman! Get your butt down here now! We're going to be late!" That was the sound of my mother's oh-so-sweet voice. Sweet, yeah right, more like demonic. We were getting ready for my cousin Sabrina's wedding. You see, Sabrina is like the daughter my mother never had, even though she has me, Rina is what my mother really wants in a daughter. Rina has beautiful blonde locks that make all the guys melt and the perfect size 4 figure. But the thing that hasn't really made my mother happy with Sabrina lately is her choice of life path. You see, Sabrina is gay which my mother doesn't thnk is suitable for someone in our family, but even though she isn't really happy about it, my dear old mother couldn't love Rina any less.
I am wearing a dress and heels for the stupid wedding. But the thing is, ITS NOT EVEN A REAL WEDDING, it's a conjoining ceremony, or something of that sort. It's weird to think of Rina being gay, but I guess it makes sense. I mean, she never had a dad, and my aunt (her mother) died when she was eight and I was five. Rina also only had guy friends growing up, I was pretty much her only 'girlfriend', but i am her cousin, so it doesn't really count. I remember when we were little and all the boys in our neighborhood would want her to be their girlfriend, but she would always push them down or punch them. She was very tough, and she RARELY cried. When we got older and other girls started dating, Rina never had a boyfriend, and she went to her prom alone. So, I guess we should have seen the signs, but it doesn't really matter as long as she's happy anyway.
"Finally, it took you long enough. You know that we have to get to the beach before everyone else does. It wouldn't be right if the mother came late-"
"I know mother. I know. Let's just go okay?" Did you catch the part where my mom said 'if her mother came late'? Yeah, I know, Sabrina is my cousin, but my mom considers herself Rina's mother because she has been her guardian since my aunt died. Yet, even before that, Rina and I were like sisters, so it never really bothered me that my mother did that. Actually, people used to think that Rina and I were twins because we looked so much alike. But, I could never see the resemblance that everyone else did. I mean Sabrina has blonde curly hair and blue eyes, when i have stringy brown hair and green eyes. I am short and she is tall. The only thing that is the same about us is that we have a size C-cup and our noses are the same, pointy and small. So, i really don't see how people think that we are twins.
"OH my, it's just so exciting and sudden, isn't it? I mean Rina is only 19 years old! I just can't believe my baby is going off by herself and is going to start a family. Well, as much of one as she can with that girlfriend of hers. Anyway, I just wish her mother was here to see this." This is the part of the car ride when i space out and stop listening. See, my mother makes her own monolougue in the car, even when I am sitting right next to her. I think she is going crazy, actually, because whenever I only very rare occasions answer her or start to talk to her, she ignores me and answers herself. I am used to it by now because frankly, in my family, I am invisible. The only person that really sees me is Rina, and now she is leaving me. Oh, man, I am starting to sound like my mother.
"Ok, Lexi, were here." Mom was shaking me awake, I guess I had fallen asleep. "Oh, come on, Lexi, lets go, I swear you are slower than an aged turtle."
"Mhmmmhmmm. I am coming." I mumbled to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
My parts are really short, i am sorry.