Everything Is Eclipsed by the Shape of Destiny

Spirit Warrior

“No, no, no, no,” stated Bill, his head shaking furiously.

“And why the hell not?” hissed Emerson. “Just yesterday you were saying that you wished I was in the Order so that we could take on the bad guys and now . . . now that I'm trying to fucking join, you’re acting like an asshole! Why don’t you want me to fight?! Just tell me why you don’t want me to fight!”

“Because it isn’t your bloody war!” he snapped.

“Not my bloody war?!” repeated Emerson, her eyes wide with rage. “Not my bloody WAR?”

“That’s right! It’s not your bloody war! It has nothing to do with you, you’re American and your Ministry isn’t bloody worrying about it so there’s no reason for you to get involved! So just leave it to the Brits, we’ve got it under control.”

“Under control?” scoffed Emerson. “The Order just lost its leader a few months ago! It’s in shambles, trying to get its shit together while Voldemort has taken over the Ministry and yet you have the nerve to stand there and tell me that you have it under control!”

“We do have it under control!” he argued. “We’re getting more members . . .”

“Then why can’t I join? And don’t you dare tell me that it’s because it’s not my bloody war! We both know that’s not the reason, especially since you told me months ago that Charlie was trying to get foreign wizards to help him.”

“European wizards,” clarified Bill. “He was getting European wizards to help because a problem in England is a problem for all Europeans.”

“When there’s a murderer running wild in the world, it is the duty of socially conscious individuals to put an end to it!”

“Marie, it’s not your war,”

“It is my war! My mother is muggle born! What if Voldemort were to win? What if he then expanded and took all of Europe and then America? What if he came to my home and took my mother?”

“That won’t happen, we have it under . . .”

“No you don’t! You guys don’t have anything under control! He’s growing stronger and stronger with each passing day and you’re refusing to let me join because you don’t think I'm good enough to fight!”

“That’s not true!” he knew that Emerson was a very skilled duelist.

“Then why don’t you want to let me join? Why won’t you let me fight?”

“Because I don’t want you to get hurt!” he blurted out.

“That won’t happen,” reassured Emerson.

“You don’t know how conniving they are, they’re always killing people, always torturing, if something were to happen to you it would be entirely my fault. I . . . I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if you got hurt because of me.”

“Bill,” Emerson placed a hand on his chest. “I'm not going to get hurt.”

“Marie . . .”

“Just take me to a meeting, that’s all I ask.” Emerson stared deep into his brilliant blue orbs. “If I'm not Order material then I’ll forget all about it. I’ll even let you erase it from my memories but if whoever is in charge says that I'm in, then that’s that, alright?”

“I don’t know about this,” he stepped away.

“Bill, we’re best mates, you have to do this for me.”

“It’s because we’re best mates that I don’t want to do this,” he whispered. “I mean, have you thought of what would happen if you got hurt? Have you thought of how that would affect Everett? Everett! As soon as he finds out that you’re trying to join, he’ll try to join!”

“No he won’t,” she shook her head.

“That’s not true! Whenever you do something, he has to do it, it’s how you guys work!”

“But he’s engaged. His fiancée won’t let him do it. In fact, I can guarantee that she won’t let him do it because when I talked to him about my joining, she explicitly told him that if he joined, she would leave him.”

“Wait a minute . . . you already told him that you were going to join?!”

“Of course I did! He’s my twin. I have to run everything by him.”

“But you asked him before you even talked to me about it,” he complained.

“Yes, because I had to make sure that he thought it was a good idea and he did so now we’re talking about it and you better take me to a meeting because if you don’t, I swear on my collection of classic rock vinyls that I will stop talking to you!” she threatened.

“You can’t possibly be serious.”

“Oh, I am,” Emerson folded her arms across her chest.

Bill let out an exasperated sigh. “Why are you so stubborn? Normal people don’t want to fight in foreign wars.”

“Since when have I ever been normal?”

“I would have thought that at least in this sense you would be,” he muttered.

“Well I'm not nor will I ever be normal of that you can be sure. Now, when are you going to take me?”

“There’s a meeting later tonight, it’s actually in a few hours but . . .”

“Perfect!” exclaimed Emerson. “You’ll take me to that one.”

“I can’t just show up with you, I have to tell them that I'm going to be bringing someone and then they have to give me the okay to bring you along.”

“Why don’t you go, talk to them and I’ll wait at The Burrow with your family?” proposed Emerson.

“That could work but I’d feel more comfortable if we just waited awhile.”

“I'm not going to change my mind,” she smiled softly.

“I know you’re not, but I’d like to think you would.” Bill sighed. “Since you’re going, I think it best that you grab a coat, something warm, and a book or something. I won’t take you to The Burrow; you can wait with Fleur at the cottage.”

“I’d prefer The Burrow,” Emerson remained calm, her face not betraying her emotions. “I really liked your mum and I'm sure that she’d enjoy my company since the kids are at school.”

“True,” Bill chuckled lightly. “Know what? This is actually good. My mum’s been bugging me about bringing you around, she really liked you, you know. Kept talking about how lovely you were.”

“Your mum has good taste,” Emerson smirked.

“I wouldn’t go that far.” Bill stretched. “Let’s go get your coat. We need to head back soon.”

“Alright, just wait for me inside.”

“Why can’t I wait out here?” he asked.

“Because then my grandparents will scold me for having rudely left my guest outside by themselves, so get in here, even though they’re not fluent in English, they still want to be good hosts.”

No further argument was made by Bill. He simply followed Emerson into the house, took a seat on the couch and when her grandparents entered the living room, he began a friendly conversation with the pair. He quite liked them, in Pedro, he saw Emerson’s fiery spirit and in Rosa, he saw Emerson’s caring nature.

Emerson ran up the stairs to her bedroom, throwing the closet open so she could rummage through it for an appropriate coat. Once a suitable one had been found, she threw it on the bed and proceeded to apply some makeup, she was nervous about officially meeting the members of the Order and wanted to make a good impression on them.

The makeup was strategically applied in an attempt to enhance her natural beauty. Emerson wanted to make herself appear more feminine so that Bill would take in her appearance and perhaps even tell her that she looked nice, though, she knew the odds of that happening were slim to none.

Emerson ran a hand through her boyishly short hair, fumbling with it in an attempt to make it seem more feminine. It was a lost cause, Emerson knew that and after wasting five minutes trying to do something with it, she simply gave up.

Her hair was a mess, it would always be a mess but she liked it that way.

When Emerson entered the living room, she kissed her grandparents goodbye, telling them not to wait up for her and that when she got home, she’d stop by their rooms to kiss them goodnight. In turn, they gave her their blessings.

“Are you sure about this?” inquired Bill as they stepped outside.

“For the millionth time, yes,” replied Emerson. “I know what I'm doing Bill. I'm a grown woman.”

“Twenty five doesn’t constitute grown,” argued Bill.

“Neither does twenty seven, but they let you in, so their standards must not be that high.”

“Ouch,” he clutched his chest overdramatically. “That one hurt.”

“Lies,” Emerson scrunched her nose at him. “So, should I just think of the Burrow or . . .?”

“No, outsiders can’t get to the Burrow like that anymore, you have to travel with someone in the family or the Order so . . .” Bill knew that Emerson wasn’t a fan of side along apparition.

“Don’t tell me . . . really? Is that the only, fine, fine! Let’s do this, fucking hate side along apparition, makes me feel like a damn child,” muttered Emerson angrily.

“Look on the bright side, with that many curse words flying out of your mouth; you sure as hell don’t sound like a child.”

“Always looking on the brighter side,” Emerson smiled deviously.

“Always,” Bill lifted his arms. “Hug me.”

“I don’t have to . . .” protested Emerson, though, truth be told, she wanted to hug him.

“Just grab on, this way we don’t have to worry about you getting splinched.”

“Alright,” Emerson wrapped her around his midsection, resting her cheek against his chest.

In the seconds that followed, Bill apparated them both to the backyard of the Burrow, Emerson nearly fell but his hold on her waist kept her upright. Emerson quickly stepped away from him, dusting herself off as she prepared to follow him into the kitchen.

Not a minute after they had arrived, Mrs. Weasley had rushed out from the house, eager to see her eldest son whose arrival had been announced by the Weasley Family Clock. Molly took him in a strong embrace, completely oblivious to the fact that Emerson stood right beside him; she didn’t notice until she pulled away and saw the short haired brunette standing there with a warm smile.

“Is that you, Emerson?” exclaimed Molly.

“It is me, Mrs. Weasley,” replied Emerson, “Sorry for barging in unannounced.”

“Don’t apologize dear,” Molly hugged her briefly before taking her hand in hers. “Come now, let’s go inside. I’ll fix you both some supper.”

“Please don’t trouble yourself on my account. I just ate a little while ago, I'm still full.”

“Nonsense!” shouted Molly. “You’re nothing but skin and bones. You need to get some food in you and don’t say you don’t or else I’ll be offended.”

“Alright then,” Emerson held back her laughter.

“Mum,” Bill finally spoke up.

“Yes, Bill?” asked Molly who was beginning to bustle in the kitchen.

“I wanted to ask if it’d be alright if Marie stayed here while I went to handle some business.”

“William, it is terribly rude to leave Emerson here with me, what if she doesn’t like me?” stated Molly.

“I actually like you a lot,” Emerson chimed in.

“Thank you dear,” Molly’s expression softened momentarily. “But William, don’t think that changes the fact that you can just leave her here, what if something happens?”

“Mum, she’s a very skilled duelists and it’s because of her that I have to go handle business with Kingsley and Remus.”

“What do you mean?” inquired Molly.

“I mean that Marie wants to join the Order . . .” the last words were uttered so softly that Molly had to strain her ears to hear them.

“Absolutely not!” cried Molly, leaving her place in the kitchen to go to the living room. “I forbid you from going to talk to them!”

“Mum, she wants to do it,” argued Bill.

“But she is your friend, she’s American, this is not her war!” Molly refused to let such a young witch join.

“I already told her that, but she’s dead set on joining and when she wants something, she gets it so just relax mum.”

“Have you told your parents?” Molly turned to Emerson. “Have you told them of what you intend to do?”

“My parents know, as does my twin and my grandparents,” answered Emerson honestly.

“And what did they say?” Molly hoped that they had been against it.

“They understood,” Emerson smiled inwardly. “They were glad that I had decided to step up to fight for freedom and justice, so they’re alright with it.”

“But you’re so young,” Molly’s brow furrowed.

“I'm actually not that young, I'm twenty five, I’ll be twenty six next year and believe me when I say that I can be of use to the Order, if they let me go to the meeting I’ll show you all what I mean.”

Molly sighed. “Children are always so hard headed. What will I tell your mum if something happens to you?”

“Nothing will happen to me and if it does, well, you haven’t met my mum so there won’t be reason to worry about that,” Emerson tried to lighten the mood, she failed.

“Mum, I’ll be back in a little while,” Bill kissed his mum goodbye. “I’ll be, back soon Marie.”

“Alright, be safe, Bill!” she told him from her place on the couch.

It was an hour before Bill returned with Kingsley and Remus, neither man was sure about whether or not they were going to let the American in, but they had remembered her from the wedding and had clearly remembered the aura of power that surrounded her, it was for that reason that they agreed to see her.

Bill took care of the introductions. “Emerson these are Kingsley and Remus, Remus and Kingsley this is Emerson, she’s the one that wishes to join the Order.”

“Hello Mr. Kingsley, Mr. Remus,” Emerson held out her hand.

“No need to use Mr. in front of our names,” stated Kingsley. “Now, would you mind telling us why it is that you wish to join the Order? Bill gave us an overview of your argument, had it not been for him speaking so highly of you, we would not be here, but now we must here from you in order to make a proper decision.”

“Where to begin,” Emerson sighed. “Um, well, I know that things haven’t been going well in the war. The papers talk about how the Ministry has been taken over, how more deaths are being reported and even more disappearances and all that truly bothers me because I was raised to stand up and fight whenever an injustice happens, even if in theory it has nothing to do with me. I know that this is an English war, that a Mexican-American witch has no place in it, but I'm very talented dueling but even more importantly I . . . I have a special ability that I believe will be very helpful in fighting dark creatures that magic has little power on.”

Kingsley was intrigued. “What are you talking about?”

“I . . .” Emerson grew quiet; she had never spoken to anyone about her abilities outside of her family and the Mexican Minister of Magic. “I'm a shape shifter.”

“Like an animagus?” Remus inquired.

“No,” answered Emerson quickly, offended at being called an animagus. “An animagus just changes into an animal, into a small cat or dog or deer, they take on the abilities of that animal and have no extra abilities but a shifter, a spirit warrior as they’re known in the town in Mexico from where I hail from, is a wizard, or in my case a witch, that takes on the form of the great jaguar. Special abilities are granted to the spirit warrior, they go from human to animal, the animal is massive, having the size of a horse instead of a regular jaguar and the teeth are dangerously sharp, designed to destroy vampires and werewolves alike.” Emerson took a deep breath. “I understand if you don’t believe me, but I can show you that I'm telling the truth.”

“But you can’t be,” cried Bill. “I’ve never once seen you be anything other than human!”

“That’s because we’re not supposed to phase in front of people that aren’t from our town,” explained Emerson. “The only reason I'm doing this is because I want to help end that madman and if you let me, I would implore you to keep my abilities between the three of us.”

“If what you say is true, we give you our word to keep it a secret,” declared Kingsley after he had spoken to Remus.

“Awesome,” Emerson looked around the room. “Would you mind if we went out back to do this? There’s not enough room to phase here.”

“Yes, of course, we can use the backyard.”

Emerson followed Bill out the back door, as soon as they were in the backyard she pealed off her coat and as she was going to take off her shirt, Bill stopped her.

“What are you doing? Stop getting naked!” Bill ordered.

“I have to get naked so that I don’t ruin my clothes,” Emerson pealed off her shirt. “If you don’t want to see me naked then I suggest you turn around but take my wand and I suggest that they keep their eyes on me, so they can see that I'm telling the truth.”

Bill took her wand, angrily mumbling to himself about how foolish she was being. He didn’t want her getting naked in front of everyone, her had was her private business, not to be flaunted in a front of a group of men that she didn’t even know.

The moment her clothes were at a safe distance, Emerson began focusing on her emotions, letting the pain of Bill’s marriage consume her being, letting it course through her veins, replacing the scarlet red blood.

Their eyes widened in awe as they watched the brunette before them, black fur exploding from her being, covering ever inch of her body as her shape changed into a massive black jaguar whom rivaled a Belgian Heavy Horse in height, but although it was massive, it was still slender, looking incredibly agile and fierce.

Bill left his place beside Remus, slowly trudging towards her. He couldn’t bring himself to believe that the creature that stood before him was his best mate, but when he stopped directly in front of it and stared into its eyes, he knew it was Emerson, he knew it was her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the Comments!

Cupcake1
routineriotx
NauticalMile
limegreenworld
NitTwit102