Status: Active; Comments, please?

He’s My Guardian Angel

Chapter Two: Kidnapping

All night I stayed awake, waiting for Angel to return. But, he never did. The sun was perched up high in the sky, and I was only worried. Angel had warned me that if this were to happen then I don’t open the door to anyone but him. He even came up with a secret code, that not even Wolf or Lisa knew about, so I could make sure it was him. I ran around my room in my PJs, locking the doors and windows, pulling the curtains over my window, surrending my room to the darkness.

I sat down on my bed in the corner, feeling tears begin to form in my eyes. I hadn’t cried in years. But, right now, without Angel … I just didn’t know what else I could do. He’s been with me since I was five. Remember when I told you that it was a tale for another time? Now is the time for that tale.

I walk down the street from Kindergarten, alone once again. Connor hasn’t been near me for the past two years. I walk into the house, ducking as a vase nearly hit my head. I felt tears sting my eyes. They had been fighting for the past two years.

“Mommy, Daddy, I’m home!” I call into the living room, closing the door shut.

“Whore! Where have you been?!” Dad yells.

“Oh, George, leave her alone!” Mom yells.

Dad grabs my arm suddenly, shaking me violently. “Where have you been?!!” I start crying. First, Connor forgets to walk me home from school. Again. Then, Daddy’s angry with me. I waited forever for Connor. The sky was black as Daddy slapped me, making my tears flow more frequently. “ANSWER ME!!!”

“I-I-I —” He slapped me again.

Suddenly, I was pulled away. Daddy was knocked out as whoever had saved me rushed me to my room. “Seraphina, are you okay?” I shake my head, looking away from whoever it was. “Look at me, Seraphina.” He puts a hand under my chin, forcing me to look at him. I met blue eyes with black specks in them. “You’ve got a bruise.”

“I-I-I’m —”

“Seraphina, calm down.” He wipes at my tears. I noticed the black feathery wings on his back, realizing who he was.

“W-who are you?” He stayed silent. “What are you?”

“I’m your Guardian Angel, Seraphina, and I’ll take care of you.” He smiles at me. “Now, go change into your pajamas and go to bed. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

I nod, tears still pouring freely down my cheeks as I did what he said.


When I woke up the next morning, Angel was there. Angel was always there. Every morning when I woke up, and every evening when I went to sleep.

Three knocks, a black feather, and a kick on my door. I jump up, wiping at my eyes as I ran to my bedroom door. When I opened the door, I had expected to see Angel. But, instead, a sack was thrown over my head. I struggled inside the sack, trying to break free as they carried me. I silently cursed my petite figure, making it easy for them to pick me up and carry me.

ღ ☮ ღ

I fell asleep somewhere along the ride here. I lost track of the time that I was here in the darkness. It could’ve been hours … days … weeks …

I awoke to the bright sun, which I hissed angrily at like any other morning. I rolled over, turning my back to the warm sunlight. I squeezed my eyes shut, still not processing where I was. I’m not sure how long I stayed like that. Eventually, though, after some time, I heard someone murmur, “Seraphina.”

I opened one eye to look at him. “Angel!” I yell, hugging him. He chuckles, shaking his head. “I was so worried when you didn’t come back!”

“You shouldn’t be worrying about me,” Angel says, rolling his eyes as I pull away. “What about you? Are you okay?”

“I don’t know! I open the door, thinking it was you, and a sack was thrown on my head!”

“A sack?! Oh, come on, I’m going to talk to someone about this.”

Angel grabbed my arm, dragging me through the hallways. There were people around my age, giving us odd looks as we passed.

“Angel! People are staring!” I say, feeling self-conscious since I was only in my pajamas.

“Hi Raven!” Wolf says, grinning at me.

“Hi Wolf!” I say, grinning back at me. “WAIT A SECOND!”

“Umm … surprise!” Lisa says nervously.

“What’s going on?” I ask as Angel continues dragging me in my pajamas. Wolf and Lisa follow behind silently.

“Lisa told me about this special school for kids just like us, and I told Angel, and here we are!” Wolf says, grinning.

“Kids just like us?” I ask, disbelieving. Wolf nodded excitedly. “OH MY GOSH!!!”

We were suddenly in front of a dark, wooden door. Angel kicks it open, dragging me behind. “Can I help you?” A man asks, seeming un-phased by Angel’s obvious fury.

“Angel, lets not bother the nice man,” I say, tugging on his arm timidly.

“Where’s the headmaster?” Angel asks angrily.

“What’s going on?” Wolf asks.

“THERE WAS A SACK THROWN OVER SERAPHINA’S HEAD AND SHE WAS BROUGHT HERE BY FORCE!!!” Angel growls furiously.

“Angel, is it?” A woman in her mid-twenties asks, smiling as she walks out of an office. “Now, where were you when this happened?”

I knew she hit a nerve with that comment. Angel is the best Guardian Angel there is! Nobody has a right to tell him otherwise!

“Now, you listen here —”

Angel’s hand went over my mouth, stopping me from saying something that I’ll probably regret later. He hands me over to Wolf, who puts his hand over my mouth. I bite down on his hand, and he screams, “SHE BIT ME!!!”

“ANGEL IS —”

Angel’s went back over my mouth. “You don’t want to go down that road with me, Seraphina.” I nod against his hand, and he looks back up at the woman. “I was told that she’d be taken care of when she was brought here.”

“Angel, I am not in charge of who brings people here.”

“Then who is?”

“Panther, Snake, Puma, and Lizard with their Guardians: Emily, Michael, Melissa, and Kyle.”

“Where can I find them?”

“They should either be in their dorms, or at our cafeteria.”

“Thank you.” Angel drags me out of the office, down the hall, and into my room. “Get dressed.”