Status: Absolutely done!

When You Fall In Love...

I guess I won.

We were lying on the grass, looking at the sky, feeling the wind blowing slowly through our hair and feeling happy. I never wanted him to leave, he was my everything, he was my other half. Anything he said was like poetry for me and it was even more beautiful when he shut down. Everything was quiet and I could see those eyes, those beautiful eyes.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked and smirked at the time.

“I was wondering… If after I go to high school next year we’re going to get apart” I said slowly.

“Why would we do so?”

“I don’t know. Maybe we can meet new people and fall over them. Haven’t you think about it?”

“Once. And it was enough, trust me” He said so serious. I was getting nervous.

“Oh, yeah? And how did you end?”

“I decided that I would never, ever, think about it again and just live the moment” He smiled and kissed me softly. For some seconds I felt like I was up there beside the clouds that passed by the sky.

“Hmm, I guess that’s fine. But seriously, Drew, I don’t think we are going to get through this. You are going to work and I’ll be on high school. Your parents hate me and I don’t think that your lovely Chihuahua wants me in your house anymore after that little… accident” An accident?! I almost kill the poor little dog!

“Oh, don’t worry about that. Hubber knows how to take care of himself and if he tries to bite you again I swear he’s going to sleep all alone in the garden” He looked at my eyes, examining them. I looked at his dark blue eyes and all I saw on them was that he would never leave me alone. He was actually the most precious thing I had.

We stayed there for all night long, hugging each other, saying cute phrases and sharing our love. Yeah, maybe it was cliché but anyways, it’s undeniable to say that it feels gorgeous. Spending time with him was the only thing I could do in the boring summer. Yes, boring summer. I didn’t do anything but going to the pool or something like that because my parents had to work and I couldn’t go out on vacation. He was the same, well, almost the same. He had to look for job in summer to start working when it ends. I came back to the real life and suddenly remembered Katie Hooligan, his ex-girlfriend, who was going to show up here when summer ended. That meant she was going to try to get back with Drew Grayer, my actual boyfriend, and that she was going to get it! Drew was kind of innocent in that way, when he liked a girl, he didn’t care if she hurt him, he still loved her. And that was the big deal, I was going to die if that happened.

I made a big battle thinking about if I told him or not. “Hmm, Drew?”

“Leanne?” He answered in type of joke. The truth is that it wasn’t a joke.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Whatever you want to know, my dear” He said with a big smile draw in his face.

“I was guessing, if you could fall in love again with your ex-girlfriend’s. ‘Cause you know, Katie’s on her way to come back to Beaufort, and I‘m afraid that she still feels…” He cut my phrase down and started saying:

“Do you seriously don’t trust me when I tell you that I won’t leave you alone?” He checked my expression, I was shocked. I never thought that it was untruth.

“I… I do trust you” I said with pain, his dark blue eyes became angry and full of sadness. I really hurt him badly.

“Look, Leanne… When I was a child, my parents divorced, my mom broke down and cried every single night. She killed me when she was sad, it was a big pain to see her, so fragile and broken. She used to tell me: ‘When you fall in love, be sure that it’ll last, and make sure that she loves you and trust you. If she doesn’t, you will pay it. She’s going to hurt you and that will be the end‘. I always believed in what she said, and well, she wasn’t wrong. I haven’t seen that you trust me, and I guess that it isn’t going to work… I don’t want you to feel guilty but I bet it’ll be better for us, ‘cause when we get apart it’s going to hurt worse and we don’t want it, don’t we?” He finished.

The night sky was really black and a million stars shined away as tears fell down my cheeks. Were we seriously going to break up now? In this beautiful night? I don’t think so. Or well, maybe we were but I didn’t want it to happen.

“I guess we’re done, Leanne Bunkins. I love you” A small tear fell from his eye and he quickly removed it. Okay, my heart was breaking in little, tiny and dusty pieces. Yeah, dusty pieces. I bet that if my heart was in my house, it would have a big spider web on it and the rats would eat it slowly, I’m not saying that my house had rats, ¡no! I just think that it would be the best idea to describe the way I was feeling.

“Listen, Drew. I don’t think that we could be separate for so long, I bet that in two days as much I’ll be on your door knocking like a freak just for you to open.”

Two days later…

I heard a weird noise, like if something crashed to my window, I guess they were little rocks, someone wanted to freak me out or call me. So I opened the window and I couldn’t believe what my eyes were watching. There, in the middle of the street, was Drew Grayer next to a hippie man that was playing a little banjo. He was holding a white cotton t-shirt that had an “I love you” impressed. He smirked at me slowly and started singing a song, I recognized “Is this love?” by Bob Marley. I couldn’t resist and I burst out on laughing, turn my back and ran into the stairs right were he was standing. He saw me in my pajamas and stopped singing, he smiled, took my hand and kissed it.

“I guess I won” He winked at me.

“What did you won, freak?” I said sarcastically.

“You” He drew a big smile in his face and I smiled too. He just took me by the waist and suddenly he planted a passionate kiss on my lips. Damn, I seriously loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yes! It's kinda long for me. You know, I usually don't write a chapter of... a thousand words? Though, I guess it's okay. I didn't really like the results but anyways I had to make a fast change 'cause I forgot a deadline hee-hee. Hope you all like it! (: