Status: Completed

Come Down With Love

Baby

“Pancakes are ready!” Michael shouted from the kitchenette. He then came to the small table, setting a huge pile of pancakes down. Next he scooted in the opposite booth from Zach and I.

I felt as if we were at iHOP, the smell of syrup and pancakes filling my nostrils. I grabbed three pancakes, proceeding to drench them in syrup as Nathan slid next to Michael. Cameron pulled a chair up, resting his hand on my knee beneath the table.

“Ew, how much syrup do you put on your pancakes?” Michael asked me.

“A lot.” I grinned at him.

“What’s this?” Zach asked grabbing three pancakes, pointing to a deformed-looking one.

I turned my head sideways, looking at it. “Looks like Dumbo, the elephant.”

Michael frowned. “I was going for Mickey Mouse.”

Cameron laughed. “That didn’t work out.”

I nodded. “Good try, Michael.”

“Thanks.”

“I’ve got an announcement,” Cameron said. I gave my attention to Cameron as did the rest of the boys. “Audrey and I are dating.”

Michael dropped his fork on his plate. It clattered on the glass.

“That’s out of nowhere,” Nathan said.

“What do you mean ‘out of nowhere’?” Cameron asked.

“Well,” Nathan said looking back and forth between Zach and me. “Nevermind.”

“Where’d you get your Nerd pillow?” Cam asked me, changing the subject.

“I’m not sure. My dad bought it for me a few years ago.”

“I hate Nerds,” Michael said.

“Hey! Leave those kids alone,” Zach spoke up.

I busted out laughing, unable to eat the pancakes I was just about to shove inside my mouth.

“I meant the candy,” Michael said.

“We know,” I said to him, reaching over the table and patting his shoulder.

Image

After breakfast I changed out of my PJ’s and into a pair of skinny jeans, a Perry the Platypus t-shirt, and Ugg boots. Right as I was leaving the bathroom I was bombarded by Cameron.

“Our next show isn’t until tomorrow night. And we’ve got some time to kill. I wanna take you on a date. Paul agreed we have some time to stop driving.”

“Are you asking me to go on a date with you?” I narrowed my eyes. “Or forcing me?”

He smiled mischievously. “You can’t say no.”

“I can too.”

“Are you busy? Any plans on the bus tonight?”

“Well, no. But I’d like to have a choice. You know, free will and all.”

He pouted.

I smiled, giving him a small hug. “Yes.”

He pulled away, his hands on my waist. “Wear something fancy.”

“Fine, kidnapper.”

He smiled and kissed me on the cheek, then leaving me to go bother Paul like always. It seemed to be a new hobby of his.

I entered the back lounge. Zach was sitting on the huge couch, his lap top in front of him.

“Hi, Zachary,” I said popping down next to him. I realized I was sitting in the same exact spot when Cameron kissed me for the first time.

“Hi.” He smiled. “Have you checked your phone?”

“No,” I said. “Why?”

“Sophia asked me for your number; she said she needed to ask you something and you need to reply.”

“Oh, I’ll go get it.”

I got up to go retrieve my phone that I hadn’t looked since the morning before. Then I returned to Zach, skimming through my unread texts. I located the one from Sophia:

Hey. :) It’s Sophia. Zach’s bn so persistent. I wanna say yes to him but first I wanna make sure you and Cameron are actually REALLY dating before I do.

I texted her back:

He’s all yours…

Next Zach's phone vibrated. Once he read his text he grinned widely. “She said yes.”

“I’m happy for you,” I told him smiling even though it was painful.

Image

Audrey's outfit

Allstar Weekend cover of "Baby"