Status: Completed

Come Down With Love

TV on the Radio

Cameron said to wear something fancy. Luckily, Zoey had convinced me to bring one dress with me on the road. I pulled it out of my suitcase as a last resort. I laid it down on my messy bed (surprisingly, the boys bunks were cleaner then mine) and stared at it – almost wondering if it was too fancy or maybe even too casual. But Cameron wouldn’t tell me where we were going so there was no way to know.

The dress was royal blue. It was short, resting at my hips while on, almost to my knees but not quite there. It came out in ruffled bursts on the bottom half. On the side was a large bow sticking out at my waist. I had gotten the dress at Rue21 for thirty dollars.

Unfortunately, for the fancy dress code, but fortunately for my feet – I had no heels. I thankfully slipped on my white flats. They were comfortable for my feet and easy to walk in.

Next I had to choose what I would accessorize with. I chose a silver clutch and silver dangling earrings. I decided to curl my hair in small waves. For my makeup I did the usual – a small amount of brown eyeliner and mascara. Then I lightly (I didn’t want to look like Mimi from that Drew Carey show) put on a few shades of blue eye shadow.

I slipped on my white military jacket coat. It flared out at the bottom because of my poofy dress.

“Are you ready?” Michael yelled from the living room area.

“Coming,” I shouted back.

“Awh, you gotta take off your coat,” Nathan said when I entered the room.

“Yeah, let's see the dress.” Michael grinned.

“Ugh, fine” I said slipping off my coat.

All of the boys including Paul stared at me.

“Is it too fancy?” I asked in a worried voice.

“You look beautiful,” Zach said smiling at me.

“You didn’t answer my question,” I said eyeing him.

“Hey, it’s my job to tell her she’s beautiful,” Cameron said smiling, taking my arm. “You do look beautiful,” He said his smile turning into a grin.

“Thank you.”

“So, uh, Aud,” Zach started, “Do you mind if Sophia and I join you and Cam? The dancers’ tour bus is here.”

“Um… I guess not.” I did mind.

Cameron was dressed in jeans and a red and white striped polo shirt. Zach was also wearing jeans. Zach’s shirt was a blue button up shirt.

“Shall we?” Cameron asked motioning to the door.

“We shall,” I said smiling fakely. I really didn’t want Sophia to come with us.

“Let’s do this,” Zach said rubbing his hands together.

After we were out of the tour bus, I got to see where we would be eating at. We were inside a strip mall. This was fancy? Right in front of us was a small restaurant called “Tilly’s Bar & Grill” and through the window I could see a large bar and on the other side were tables if you didn’t want to sit at the bar.

When I looked to my left I saw Sophia making her way off the tour bus for the dancers. Zach quickly hurried to her, helping her descend the short steps. Such a gentleman, I thought. Zach hugged her and kissed her on the cheek once she reached the third step, the last one.

I looked at what Sophia was wearing. Her dress was red. Over her dress was a black pea coat. She was wearing silver heels, a silver Coach purse, and two crystal bracelets. Also she was wearing red cherry lip gloss like always. Sophia’s hair was put up in a curly bun and on the side of her forehead ran braids.

Zach and Sophia made their way to Cameron and I, now standing outside the restaurant door.

“Hi Audrey. Hey Cameron,” Sophia greeted us.

“Hi Sophia.”

“Hey,” Cameron said. “Ready to eat?”

“Mhm,” I said patting my growling stomach, my clutch which held my cell phone in my other hand.

Zach held the door open for Sophia and I. Cameron entered last. We all gathered around the hostess table. Inside a few people were sitting at the bar and I could see a few families at the tables.

“Table for four, please,” Cameron said.

“Is non-smoking okay?” The red-haired hostess asked.

“Just fine,” Zach said.

“Okay, your table will be ready in about five minutes.”

“I’m going to the ladies room,” I said walking to my right and into the bathroom. Sophia followed me, stopping me from going into the blue stall. The stall to the right of mine was closed.

“I just want to make sure you’re really okay with Zach and me dating.”

“To tell you the truth,” I said, “it’s hard. I still love him. And that won’t ever change.” I came right up front with her.

“But you’re with Cameron,” She stated.

“I decided to give him a chance.”

“Cameron knows you love Zach?”

“Yes.”

“Does Zach know?

“What do you think?”

She sighed. “Our table is probably ready now.”

“Well, if you’ll excuse me I would like to go to the bathroom,” I said stepping around her closing the blue stall door stiffly.

I heard her heels clack against the tile as she left the bathroom.

Once I stepped out of the stall, the one to my right opened up. I went to the sinks to wash my hands as did she. She looked about thirteen, reminding me of my sister with her blond hair and blue eyes. “Hi,” She said.

“Hello,” I replied as I washed my hands with the foamy soap.

“Boy troubles?” She asked. “I overheard your conversation.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Yep.”

“That’s always fun.”

Very fun,” I said grabbing some paper towels heading out of the restroom. She followed.

Cameron, Zach and Sophia were waiting outside for me. Immediately the girl screamed out of pure joy when she saw the boys. Uh oh, I thought. A fan girl. And she overheard me and Sophia’s conversation. This wasn’t good.

Image

Audrey's dress

Sophia's dress