Status: Completed

Come Down With Love

I Just Can't Wait to be King

Only three more weeks until tour was over. Two and a half months had passed and here we were, slowly making our way back to home: San Diego, California. I was so excited to get back to school. My first reason was to see my friends and the second reason was because I hated the tutor. Okay, not hated. Disliked. Reasons why? Well, she piled homework on us. And I thought it was going to be “easy” and simple. Not even harder then going to actual school would be. But whatever. I could still handle it.

Cameron and I had been going strong ever since he asked me to be his official girlfriend. I said yes and I was very happy. I was falling in love with him. But I just wasn’t quite there. I could tell in the way he looked at me that he loved me. One thing I loved about Cameron was he never tried to rush me. He took it slow. He never wanted to do anything that made me uncomfortable. I liked having him as more than a friend in my life.

Then there was Zach. I still loved him. I had come to the realization that I probably always would. Nothing could change it. It was almost as if it was just apart of me. A certain section of my heart engraved, dedicated to the one and only Zach Porter. Truth be told, I didn’t think I even ever wanted to lose that part of me. He was just too special.

Zach and Sophia were still together. In some ways I was happy for Zach. Yet I couldn’t stand being around the two. The PDA was too much for me. Just holding hands was hard for me to see. I hated that I was so jealous of her…

“Hey,” Zach plopped down next to me on the large leather sectional in the back lounge, interrupting my thoughts.

“Hi,” I mumbled. I seriously hoped he wasn’t going to ramble about Sophia to me like he had done just a week before.

“Are you okay, Aud?”

I glanced at him, looking down at my hands resting in my lap. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

He shrugged and took one of my hands from my lap and rubbed it in-between his hands. “You can always talk to me, you know. I’m always here for you.”

I looked him in the eyes. “I know.”

“How about some Audrey – Zach time?” He questioned, nudging my arm.

I gave him a small smile. “Okay.”

Image

“What exactly can you do in North Dakota?” I asked Zach sitting in the booth next to him.
Michael, Nathan, and Cameron were all sleeping in the bunks. Cameron was in my bed. They were exhausted from last night’s show in Minnesota.

He shrugged. “Let’s look it up on the internet,” He said pulling his iTouch out of his pocket. “How about a water park? I think we’re coming up to one right now.”

“I don’t have a swimsuit.”

“We’ll buy one.”

“Where?” I asked incredulously.

“Paul?!” Zach shouted.

“Zach?!”

“Can Audrey and I take some time to go to the water park? It’ll be like…” He looked at me. “How long?”

“Three hours.”

“Three hours,” Zach told Paul.

Paul glanced down at the clock on his dashboard. “Sure.”

“Zach, they aren’t going to have swimsuits to buy at a water park.”

He glanced at me, skimming through something on his phone. “Okay, well there’s a store like five miles away from the water park.”

“Directions?” Paul asked.

Zach gave him the directions and minutes later we arrived to the store. It was more like a small boutique. The pink sign on the storefront read “Daisy’s” and from the looks of it everything in the store looked pink. I think Kaylee would like the place.

“Do you want me to go with you?” Zach asked me.

“Um, it’s okay,” I said stepping off of the steps and onto the sidewalk. “Ten minutes, tops,” I said to Paul.

He nodded and I hurried inside the store.

“Hi!” A cheery girl popped in front of me. “Welcome to Daisy’s – The World of Pink!” I didn't see a subtitle on the sign.

I gave her a look and smiled politely. “Um, is anything in here…” I trailed off looking around the store. “Not pink?”

“Nope,” She said grinning. She had straight brown hair and green eyes and a dark complexion. She looked very exotic. And of course she was dressed in pink. “Can I help you with finding anything?”

She looked as if she thought that pink-everything was a good thing. “Yeah, actually. Where are your swimsuits?” I asked.

“Over there,” She said swiveling to her left and pointing to a rack of bikinis. On the rack across from it were one-pieces. And yes, all of them were pink.

“Thanks,” I told her and walked over to the racks picking through all of them, disliking every single one that I glanced at. They were all so… flimsy. Too showy for my taste.

“Not much love for pink?” The girl asked coming to my side.

“No. All there are, are bikinis.”

“You don't like them? But you’re so skinny,” She said.

I shrugged. “Well I’m going swimming with my guy friend. And I don’t want to show too much…”

“Oh, I see.” She looked outside the large windows at the front. “Hey, a tour bus!”

I almost laughed. “That’s my ride.”

“Whoa, are you famous or something?”

“No. My best friend is.”

“Oooh, can you tell me who?”

“Promise not to freak out?”

“Promise.” She grinned.

“Zach Porter.”

She thought for a second. “Who’s that?”

I giggled. “Ah, good. You aren’t one of them.”

“One of who?”

“An Allstar Weekend fan girl. They scare me,” I whispered that last part.

“Oh,” She said laughing. “Nah, I don’t listen to them. I like country.”

“Wow,” I said surprised.

“What’s so surprising?” She asked combing through the racks full of pink swimming suits.

“Just not what I expected…”

“What? Hannah Montana, Selena Gomez? Rihanna, Katy Perry?”

I nodded. “That’s what I expected.”

She smiled. “Don’t assume things about a girl just because she’s in love with the color pink.” The girl giggled.

I laughed. “Never again.”

“By the way, I never got your name,” She said.

“Audrey.”

“Charlotte,” She said and smiled. I smiled back. “Ooh, I think I found one you might like. And hey, it’s got some black on it.” Charlotte held up the swimsuit.

“I do like it.”

Charlotte handed it to me and I glanced at the tag checking if it was my size. It was. “I’m just going to try it on.”

“Cool,” She said.

* * *


When I got back onto the bus Michael, Nathan and Cameron were still asleep. Zach was waiting for me, chatting with Paul.

“You won’t believe that store,” I told Zach.

“What?”

Everything was pink.”

He laughed. “I chose the store on purpose. I read that on their website from my phone.”

“Zachary!” I said hitting his arm.

Zach broke out into a fit of laughter, tears coming out of his eyes. He finds some things too funny.

“Well this doesn’t remind me of the Shirley incident,” I said sarcastically.

He found that funny and laughed even harder. “Shi…” He said in-between laughs. “Shirley!”

“You’re going to wake them up,” I said warning him of the boys.

Zach quieted down after a minute or two and I threw at his face one of the towels I had bought. “Thanks. You’re so nice,” He said, sarcasm in his tone.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Touché.”