Status: Completed

Come Down With Love

Journey To The End of My Life

I woke up in my bed with the covers pushed down to my feet, and Zach hogging my pillow. My sister, Kaylee, was snooping through my closet.

“Stealing my clothes?” I rose from my bed and combed through my messy hair with my fingers.

“Borrowing,” she stated. “I’m going to Daniel’s and today is laundry day. I have nothing to wear!”

“You have two dressers and a closet full of clothes. What are you talking about?” I rolled my eyes.

“Just let me borrow something or I’ll tell mom you’ve got a boy in your bed.”

“Like they would care. It’s just Zach.”

“Just isn’t a good word for the boy you’re in love with.”

“Could you be quiet? He’s right there.”

“Oh, please. He’s a heavy sleeper.”

“Fine, just grab something and get out.” I yawned.

“Working on it,” she said messing up my color coordination system in my closet.
I tapped my foot impatiently. My sister was always in my business. She was three years younger then me, thirteen, and just starting to get into that phase where makeup, clothes, and boys were the only thing on her mind. Daniel was her boyfriend. I never hit that phase though. I had only had one boyfriend and it lasted two weeks. He broke up with me, saying that it was obvious I was head-over-heels for Zach and I was only using him so I could make Zach jealous. This was impossible, by the way. Thanks Zoey (my girl best friend who gave me the advice to make Zach jealous).

She finally chose a yellow sundress, two sizes too big for her. But whatever, as long as she was getting out of my room—I was okay with it.

Zach shifted and rolled over in my bed facing the light blue wall. I started to like him in the seventh grade, the grade Kaylee is in now. I asked him if he felt the same and he said no. But we kept on being best friends and as far as he was concerned, I now had no feelings toward him after being “crushed” when Craig broke up with me (the guy I attempted to make Zach jealous with).

I figured I should wake Zach up. He and the boys had band practice and he needed to be over there by six. It was quarter to five. We had been asleep for two hours.

I kneeled on the bed, shoving Zach a little. “Zachy-poo,” I said in a sing-song voice.
Wakey wakey!” He didn’t budge. I knew if I needed him to get up, I’d have to do it loudly. “ZACH! WAKE UP!”

“Too… tired,” he whispered into my pillow.

“Seriously, you’ve got to get up. Band practice starts in thirty minutes.”

“Oh, crap.” He shot up and slipped on his shoes. “You coming?”

I shook my head.

“Awh, please Aud?” He did the puppy dog eye-trick. I caved.

“Okay, but you’re buying me food on the way.”

He grinned. “Deal.”

Image

Fifteen minutes later we arrived to Cameron’s house with Jack-In the Box. I was eating some delicious curly fries, watching them set up their instruments and debate which song they should play first.

They voted on “Journey To The End of My Life” and immediately music filled my ears. Nathan was rocking out with his guitar, Michael laughing at him as he played the drums, and Cameron was just being Cameron.

I looked at Zach and smiled as he stared into my eyes singing. He was so cute! But I knew he didn’t like me the way I liked him and I knew he never would…