Status: Completed

Come Down With Love

Dance Forever

Right when I walked through the front door, Kaylee was standing in front of me. “I thought you were at Dylan’s,” I said moving around her climbing up the stairs.

“I broke up with him,” she said, toying with the hem of my yellow sundress.

“Why?” I asked curiously.

“He’s boring,” she stated.

“Ah,” I said trying to end it at that.

“And he’s a bad kisser.”

I rolled my eyes. “Like you would know.”

“I should say the same to you,” she said entering her pink bedroom and shutting the door as I entered my light blue haven.

I walked over to my white bureau and found my tights. I ransacked my closet for a tank top to go with it, grabbing my iPod touch off my nightstand, and made my way to Kaylee’s room.

I opened the door to find her sitting at her pink computer. Everything Kaylee owned happened to be pink. Guess her favorite color. It’s a hard one. “Hey, I’m leaving for work. Where’s mom?” I asked.

“The hospital.” My mom was a nurse.

I nodded. “Okay, I’ll lock the door. I’ll be back around eight thirty.”

“’Kay,” she said shooing me off.

Once I got to the studio, located in a small strip mall, I changed into my tights, tank top, and put my hair in a high ponytail. “Hey Lisi,” I said to the head dance instructor as I left the bathroom.

She smiled. “Hey. The girls should be here in ten minutes or so. I really need some coffee. Could you watch Danielle for me while I run next door?”

“Sure,” I said.

Lisi left in a rush as I went to Danielle. “Hey, Danielle.” I smiled and she smiled back, showing me her extravagant smile, missing a front tooth. “How about you change into your tights and we’ll get started.”

“Okay!” She said excitedly and shot off to the bathroom
.
Lisi owned the dance studio (called Lisi Dance) and gave classes to young girls for ballet and more. I helped teach some of the classes and keep the girls in line when Lisi needed help. I’d been going since I was younger (starting to work there at fifteen) and Kaylee followed dancing after me. But she enjoyed cheerleading a lot more then dance, a lot alike cheerleading but at the same time different.

Danielle, Lisi’s daughter returned from the bathroom. I set my iPod in the stereo dock and turned my iPod on shuffle. “Dance Forever” by Allstar Weekend came out the speakers and filled the dance studio. Sometimes the girls liked to do freestyle and I knew it was Danielle’s favorite. So I let her do that as I stood by the stereo, watching her bouncy brown curls move. Danielle pulled me onto the floor and we danced giggling all the while.

I loved dancing. After having a crappy day, coming to work was all I needed because the whole time, all I got to do was dance.

Shortly after the song ended, Lisi entered with her coffee in hand and all the girls and their moms came in after. We started the lesson for that day.

Image

After all the mom’s took their daughters home, I started to leave when Lisi stopped me. “You’re a great dancer,” she told me. “You should really consider it as a career.”

I smiled. “Thanks, it means a lot coming from you.”

She nodded. “See you next Monday.”

“Bye Danielle!” I said grabbing my iPod and leaving the strip mall.

“Bye,” she waved flashing her smile.

Leaving Lici’s I decided I could go for some coffee. Once Lisi had bought some I’d been craving it. I went next door into Starbucks still in my tights and ordered a French vanilla cappuccino. Turning around after I received my coffee I ran slap dab into Nathan.

“Hey,” I said backing up.

“Hey. Listen, I’m sorry we upset you today.” He moved some of his dreads out of his eyes.
“It’s fine.” I waved my hand off. I wasn’t upset with Nathan or Michael or even Zach. I realized I was just mad at myself that I couldn’t control my feelings for Zach and the fact that he just wouldn’t ever feel the same.

“Zach’s upset, you know because you were upset.”

I nodded changing the subject, “So how are you?”

“Good,” he said. Things were feeling awkward, as if we couldn’t joke anymore and it was all serious. “I have great news, actually.”

I motioned for him to go on.

“Well the band is going on tour for the rest of the summer.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. We’ve got some great bands opening for us.”

“Oh,” I repeated.

“Yeah. I wasn’t supposed to say anything. But I’m going to anyways. Even if Zach and you are in the middle of something.” He rambled. “Our manager says it’d be great if we had backup dancers for the more bouncy songs on our new album. And Zach proposed the idea a few days ago but didn’t want to say anything until it was a set thing.”
I knew what was coming.

“We want you to be one of the dancers.”