Status: updating.

All can change in the blink of an eye.

Two.

I am floating, and it isn’t free of pain like people say in books, I have a sharp stabbing pain in my head, just above my left eyebrow. I slowly opened my eyes and the walls glowed, making the pain in her head worse. I look around; there are three machines on the side of me, along with a cup of water and a bible. The walls, floors, bed sheets and ceiling are all white.

The door is open and through the door comes a light country melody. Nice at the beginning, but getting pretty annoying. I’m tucked in pretty tightly into my bed and I’m wearing a hideous blue hospital gown that has no back. A man in a white coat walks past and pops his head in. His eyes open wide in surprise and he rushes of in the direction he came from.

I wait for the people to come rushing in. Around ten of them come in and flutter their hands around her uselessly, asking me ridiculous questions;

“Kathy, are you okay?”
“Kathy, are you in pain?”
“Kathy, are you hungry?”
“Kathy, are you thirsty?”
Etc.

I shake my head and turns to see one familiar face, that I know I can trust, walk through the door. The lady’s wearing black trousers, and a white top with a navy jacket. Complete with dark brown curly hair that I have inherited. Her eyes are brown and her skin smooth, she’s tall at 6 ft, but she pulls it off brilliantly. Her black heels click against the floor and she makes her way to sit by my arm.

It’s her mum, perfect young looking Teresa Blackthorn. My mum. Her mum is kind, and she passed that onto Kathy. Teresa pushes stray hairs of her forehead and smiles. A lady that walked in asks her; “Are you in pain?” I nod and then the lady injects a small amount of white liquid into the flow that goes into my wrist. I can feel the liquid trickling into my veins, making me drowsy and hard for me to concentrate. I drift off into a deep sleep. Dreaming of her, running through trees, in a forest, clothes torn and a zombie boy chasing after me. He’s got blood coming out of his mouth and head and the face looks so familiar, apart from the greenness. So basically, the scariest thing she’d ever seen. I wake from the nightmare drenched in sweat, my matted hair stuck to her forehead and panting like I’d ran a mile. Grabbing the polystyrene cub on the bedside table, I down the liquids, wetting my dry throat. Breathing, I stand up and pain shoots up and down my legs and side, causing my heart rate to speed up, the machine beeping wildly. Dozens of nurses run in, moving my legs and setting me back into bed. I glare at them as the walk out; explaining if I need the toilet, there’s one at the end of the ward and to contact the head nurse.

Sighing, I puff a piece of longer fringe out of my eye and looks around, thinking what to do. The bible’s still there, but there’s also a book there too. I pick it up and see it’s my favorite book; Romeo and Juliet; translated! It’s the easy to read version and I absolutely love it. I start to read the first page, trying to get into it, but I can’t really. Normally I’m the type of person who could grab a random book, snuggle up by the window and get to page hundred in a couple of hours, but there’s too much on my mind. I focus on that boy in my dream, and how he looked familiar. In my memory I focus on the shape of his mouth, the interesting shape of his nose and his then dirty floppy brown hair. As I’ m focusing, the memory becomes distant. I press the button for head nurse and lady answers;

“Hello, how can we help you?” She asks, in a bored voice, obviously sick of doing her job.
“Erm... they asked me to ask for bathroom problems” I say, stuttering slightly, nervous she’s going to laugh.

“Sure, they’re coming now” She says, drawling the last word. I grimace, the ladies are going to come and ‘help’ me to the toilet. It’s not like I can’t do stuff for myself.
Two nurses come in and help me up.

“What’s wrong with my side and legs?” I ask, puzzled.

“Well, in the accident, something happened to your side, and it strained the nerves, connecting to your leg, but with a little practise, it’ll get better” One of the nurses responds. She’s got grey hair, that’s tied up in a bun on top of her head. I internally groan. She gets a wheel chair and she wheels me to the bathroom, and I feel like a complete idiot. As soon as she wheels me in, she shows me how to hoist myself onto the toilet, and back into my chair. I nod, feeling stupid, for an unknown reason. I hoist myself up, and do my business.
After I’ve washed my hands, I take a look in the bathroom mirror. My hair is a brown tangled curly mess. My eyes are dull and lifeless and my skin very pale. I look like a mess. Matt would have a shock if he came in now. Oh... Matt... The boy in my dream is Matt. I slump back into my chair and weep, silent tears streaming down my pale white face. As the realization hits me hard, I see images of him in the car, dying. Body trembling sobs come over me and I’m making a weird noise that for a moment I think isn’t me. My sobs slowly dissolve, leaving me with heart wrenching hiccups and a runny nose.

Keeping the image of Matt happy in my mind, I slowly rise from my chair, holding onto the sink, determined to get out of this hospital. Just as I’m about to move, the bathroom door opens, with an after knock. I slam back down into my chair and twist my head, wincing at a slight headache comes to my forehead. The older nurse is there; she smiles when she sees I’m done and wheels me back to my bed, popping me back up and refilling my water. I nod at her and she hobbles off, helping the man with a gash down the side of his face.
He’s about my age, and as soon as he lifts his face up, I recognize him. It’s Ashley Sheehan. The hardest, toughest, roughest boy at our school. When I’m at school, I ignore him.
I look up and see him looking at me. He catches me and grins cockily, and shoos the nurse away. She gives him a pissed glance but ushers off towards the nurses’ office. I glance at him sharply, not liking his attitude. At our school, he’s known as a user, and really rough. He tilts his head to the side, looking at his water, exposing a gash that has just had the dressing taken off. I gasp, and I know he hears it because he twists and grins. I gaze at him and scrunch my knees up to my chin. Not a good idea, I gasp loudly as pain shoots up the side and I feel a wetness spreading around my side and as I look up I see Ashley’s head shoot up and search my face. He looks to my side and his mouth opens into a little ‘o’ and he presses his nurse button repeatedly.

The nurse comes rushing in, running straight to my bed after Ashley points at me. She hoists me into a wheel chair and as I get run into a changing room, I see Ashley give me a polite wave, and after that, I black out