This Sick Strange Darkness Comes Creeping On

So Haunting Every Time

Jared slowly rose from his bed, to him there was no point lying tangled in the sheets alone.
It was somewhere around three in the morning when he got up to stare out of his bedroom window. It had begun to snow, the first few sparse flakes tumbling down from the sky. It was a beautiful sight.
He would have loved it.
Jared knew he wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight. Just like the last night, and the night before that. In fact, every night since he dissapeared.
He looked off into the falling snow.
"Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?"
Jared knew he wouldn't.
He stared at the windowsill, of what he could see from the streetlights weak gaze. There were spiderwebs in the corners, why didn't he clean them? Jared lowered his head when he realized, he couldn't do anything. He was nothing without him.
The pain of missing his voice, that he knew one day would fade from his mind, not unlike a snowflake fades from a windowpane. That is what he couldn't take. The ache of loneliness, when he realized, he might never see him again.
It was all too much.
A teardrop traveled down his cold, pale cheek. There was no colour ever since he was gone. There was no anything, without him.
Jared pressed his forehead against the cool glass and sighed.
"I miss you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short oneshot for Xxninny435xX, who requested something based on "I Miss You" by Blink-182
Comments?