Status: Slowly Active

Hidden Identity

A New Friend

I smiled as I handed Abby both Twilight and New Moon. The books of course since I keep the whole Twilight Saga in my locker. I have the case they go in and everything, so they're not thrown around like everything else in my locker. These books are amazing, and they deserve not to be damaged. And anyways, they also cost too much for me to let them get ruined.
“Thanks Aiden. You barely even know me, yet you've been really nice to me. I need that right now...” Abby said to me, and it made me smile even more. I nodded to her and laughed.

By this time, it was lunch, so I tried to think of somewhere to go to eat. Usually I spend my lunch money on cafeteria food, but today I wanted to eat somewhere else. Since there's a Dairy Queen a little away from the school, I decided to take Abby there. Touching her shoulder, I motioned for her to follow me as I went out the main doors and towards Dairy Queen. When we got there, I heard Abby gasp and then stay completely silent.
What in the world? Why did she gasp when she saw this place?
I shook off the fact that she stayed silent as I ordered food for both of us. Once we got our food, we sat down in a booth and ate. When we were done eating, we threw away our garbage and then headed back to school.

The rest of the school day went by quickly, and before I knew it, school was over for the day. I sighed in relief at not having another class until the following day. Going to my locker, I picked up my homework that was shoved in there in a hurry and put them in my messenger bag. Closing my locker door, I turned around and went to look for Abby at her locker. She was just closing her locker as I came up behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped slightly and turned around to face me.
“Oh, it's only you Aiden. I thought it was that chick Lauren.” she said and laughed.
I looked at her with a questioning look.
“Yeah, she's been like showing up everywhere now that she noticed me. It's creepy to find her standing by me. And she starts conversations with me and asks me every question under the sun. I'm used to being left alone, and now she's like everywhere I look.” she explained and I started laughing a lot. Now it was her turn to give me a questioning look as I continued to laugh.
My laughter finally dying down, I took out my notebook and wrote her my explanation for laughing.
[Wow....well now I know who's not really straight in this school. Believe me, just let Lauren get out all of the questions and stuff, then I'll do the rest the next time she comes over to you while I'm with you.]
Abby looked from my note to my face, then back down again.
“Uh...alright then. I'll leave it to you.” she said and gave the notebook back to me.

Looking around, I saw Lauren looking at Abby from across the hall and started laughing even more.
“What now Aiden?” she asked as she looked around.
I pointed Lauren out to her and when I did that, she hid behind me as Lauren came over.
“Hi Abby. Hi Aiden.” she said cheerfully.
“Uh..Hi Lauren...” Abby said and looked up to me for help.
I took out my notebook and wrote down something, then gave it to Lauren to read.
[Hey Lauren. Can I ask why you keep following my new best friend along like a lost puppy?]
Lauren's cheeks flamed red and she looked away.
“Oh, nothing Aiden...I just find her interesting. After all, she is the new girl. Everyone's been talking about her and trying to find out more about her, so I decided to find out stuff about her.” she said and tried to play it off as nothing. I know it's not like that. I haven't heard one person talking about her, or noticing her for that matter, so there's something else up with her.
I wrote back and gave it to her.
[Are you sure about that? You're not just trying to get her to like you because you're a lesbian in denial? I mean, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against lesbians at all, but you're creeping Abby out. And I suggest that if you want her to like you, then be yourself and stop being everywhere she is.]
Lauren read what I said and gasped.
“I am not a lesbian!” she yelled, and everyone's attention was on her. Abby took this time to snatch the notebook from her and read what I said to her.
“Aiden! I let you handle it and you tell her she's a lesbian in denial? That's not very nice....but it would explain some stuff...” she said and then turned to Lauren.
“Lauren, I'm sorry that Aiden was rude, but he does have a point. No one's been coming up to me and talking to me except you. I haven't seen one person looking at me weirdly. I've just seen you everywhere I go. I know that I'm the new girl and all that, but I came here not to be seen anymore. I just want to blend in, and with you following me everywhere, people are going to start getting the wrong idea about us. I don't swing towards my own, and if you do that's fine. I won't judge you on it, but please just stop focusing all your attention on me.” Abby said. I smirked as Lauren huffed and walked away from us quickly.

I laughed even more, and then heard Suicide Silence's “No Pity For A Coward.” Grabbing my phone from my pocket, I saw that it was my mom calling and groaned. Answering the call, I put the phone to my ear and immediately heard my mother's voice.
“Aiden? Where are you? You were supposed to be home 5 minutes ago. You have to go with your father tonight for dinner and he's here at the house right now to pick you up.”
I groaned even more at the thought of going with my dad today. Every time I have to go with him, he asks me if I'm gay. What father would ask that? I don't even look gay...and I definitely don't like guys.
“Mom, I'll be home in like....15 minutes. And I'm not going with dad anywhere. He always asks me if I'm gay every time I'm with him. It's annoying.”
“Fine, just hurry up please. I want him out of this house as soon as possible, which means you need to get your butt here ASAP.”
“Alright Mom, I'll see you at home. Bye.”
Hanging up, I put my phone back in my pocket and turned around to see Abby in shock.
“You....you...your...voice....” was all I could catch out of her and then she switched to another language and rambled on.
“Abby, in English please.” I said, and it felt weird talking. The only time I really talk is when I'm at home with my mom or when I trust someone enough to talk. And I already trusted Abby enough to talk to her out loud right now.
“You just talked. And your voice...sounds pretty.” she said and blushed a lot.
I laughed and rolled my eyes.
“Yeah, I know I just talked, and am in the middle of talking. Usually when someone calls you, you're supposed to talk. And talking to you kind of comes easy for me and that's why I continue to talk. I trust you enough to talk to you.” I said and made another weird face at the sound of my voice.
“Oh...yeah...you were on the phone...” she said and then laughed suddenly.
“So why does your dad ask you if your gay?” she asked.
In answer to her question, I pointed at myself and my clothes.
“Uh, hello? Skinny jeans and eyeliner doesn't scream gay to you at all?” I said sarcastically.
“Well..now that you mention it, it does kind of....but that's how like everyone is now. So he should realize that putting on eyeliner and tight pants doesn't make you gay.” Abby said and nodded.
I shrugged and then sighed.
“Well my mom says I need to get home. Do you want to come over for a little bit? So I don't have to go with my dad...” I said and looked down.
Abby laughed and nodded.
“Sure I'll come over. Just let me call my mom and ask if it's okay first.” she said and pulled out her phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot!
Second chapter!
It's a little bit more interesting than the first chapter, and it gives you insight to Aiden.
Just so you know, this is how it'll be. Some chapters in Abby's point of view, and some in Aiden's.
Hope you like it. (: Tell me what you think.