Status: Please TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! right now, i actually don't know howi feel about the past several chapters so i might just delete them and restart... what do all of you think?

The Girl Who Couldn't Feel

Chapter 2: Jaden

The front door opened, and I felt Mother push me to the door, as she followed with Candy.

“Here is our wonderful guest!” Father laughed patting someone on the back. I didn’t look up, and instead kept my eyes down. “His name is Jaden. He will be staying with us for some time. This is my beautiful wife, Glen, my lovely daughter, Candy, and that’s Marie.” He said, barely looking at me.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Grace, Candy…Marie.” He said in a low voice. “You didn’t mention you had two daughters, Mr. Grace.”

“Ah, I thought I had...” Father smiled. I wasn’t surprised. “Why don’t we eat?” he said, changing the subject. We headed to the table, as I walked behind Mother. However, I slipped, and fell. I knew it was probably because I hadn't had anything to eat for some time. I could feel how angry Mother and Father were, and I could also feel Jaden staring.

“Marie, get up! I’m so sorry, she’s very clumsy. Always falling and dropping things. It is so embarrassing.” Mother said, smiling at Jaden.

“I’m sorry.” I said, still looking down. They were angry, I knew it.

We sat down at the table, and Jaden sat in front of me. Mother and Father still didn’t understand that I was a vegetarian. I ate some of the veggies, when I felt some one push my foot, which led to me dropping a few of the carrots. Oh no, this is bad. “I-I’m sorry.”

“Marie! I think it’s time for you to excuse yourself.” She looked at me trying to hide the anger.

“Please excuse me.” I whispered, and walked quietly to my room. As I closed the door, I could still hear Mother and Father laughing at something Jaden said. I was hungry, but I was used to not eating much.

Father was a bit large, but Mother was perfect. She was thin, but not too thin. She always had her short hair set perfectly, and she always smelled sweet and she acted like that too when she was around guests.

I was about to crawl into bed, when I remembered that Father had made me change the sheets so that our guest could sleep there. I went to the sofa, that turned into a bed, and set it up. It wasn’t extremely comfortable, but it was still a bed. I couldn’t sleep, so I listened to the pleasant chatter of everyone at the table, where I wasn’t. Suddenly, I heard chairs moving, and I realized that they were probably leading him to my room.

"Wow, you’re very tall for an 18 year old. Marie is 17 and she’s so short and thin.” I heard Mother say as she opened the door and turned on the light. “Here is the room, you can sleep on that bed. Have a good night.” I could picture her smiling. I stayed still and silent, so that he wouldn’t realize that I was awake. I heard him turn the light off. I kept tossing and turning, but I couldn’t go to sleep. I wasn't used to sleeping in a different bed and it wasn't very comfortable either.

Then I realized I needed water, since that always helped me sleep. After waiting for what seemed like forever, I turned over, and didn’t see any movement. I tried to slowly get out of bed.

As I stood up, something pushed me back and gripped my wrists, locking them the sides of my head. Quickly I thought of all the possibilities of what I could do, but I knew I wouldn’t win. He was tall, and strong, not that I was short or weak. I was about 5’5”, and I had been an excellent fighter. His face came closer to mine, until it was only an inch away. This was the first time I had seen his face. He had dark black hair, but his eyes were a light blue, and really stood out with how dark his hair was. My green eyes and dirt blonde hair didn’t even compare to his. His bangs were long, and they tickled my forehead. Suddenly he smiled, but it was more of a smirk.

“So that’s how you look. You’re kinda cute.” I looked at him, trying not to flinch or blush. He couldn’t get a reaction out of me. I couldn’t remember the last time someone had been able to. “Aren’t you gonna try to free yourself? You know what I could do to you, right?” he got even closer to me, and I could feel his quiet breaths on my face.

I was afraid. I was truly afraid. But I couldn’t show that. It wouldn’t help. I had to keep calm. Though I kept telling myself that, my ears were ringing. I tried moving my arms, but his grasp only tightened. I couldn’t do anything. It was useless. “Is that all you got?” his smile grew wider. “You’re gonna have to try better than that.” I felt the fear reach my face, for only a second, and I hoped he hadn’t seen.

“I..ts” I whispered.

“What?”

“It hurts.” I whispered once more. I didn’t look at his face as I said this, but I could tell he realized how tightly he was holding on because he loosened his grip. His face showed a bit of shock, when I glanced at him.

“Haha. You’re first words to me. It hurts? That’s all you have to say?” He then released my wrists and pulled me up. “Sleep on the other bed. I’ll sleep here. You’ll never get any sleep otherwise.” He sighed as he flopped onto the bed, resting his head on his hands, and looking at the ceiling.

I didn’t know what to do. What was going on? When he realized I was still standing there, he smiled once more. “Unless, you want to sleep with me and continue what we started.” I tried to keep my balance, but my legs were shaking so much, and they finally gave way. I flopped to the floor, still hearing the ringing in my ears. I was so scared.

Quickly, he appeared by my side. “Whoa, I didn’t mean to scare you so much, are you alright? Here, take my hand.” I could see my hand shaking a bit as I put it in his, and he helped me up once more.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. He probably thought I was a freak. I didn’t mind. I understood.

Then, I felt him grab my chin, forcing me to look at him. I felt my eyes widen just a little bit. “You should look people in the eyes and speak.”

“S-s-sorry.” I whispered. He was so confusing. I felt like I had entered another world, where things were not rational. I didn't like this feeling of...confusion.

“Stop apologizing! What are you even apologizing for? I’m the one who should be apologizing.”

“I-” I began to say, but I stopped myself. He let out a silent laugh, and came close to me once more. I tried to move back but slipped. Immediately I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact, but it never came. I realized he had caught me. I opened my eyes, and pushed him a bit, but he released me with ease, and I fell backward once more, right onto my bed. When had I walked up to it? I had flopped onto it and hadn’t moved at all.

“Good night…” he leaned over me and whispered it in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. Why did it sound so threatening? Once I was sure he was at the other bed, I pulled the blanket and wrapped it around me. I slept as far away from him as possible.

“th-thank you.” I whispered quietly, knowing he probably hadn’t heard me, but I owed him for letting me sleep in my bed. My eyes closed, and they didn’t open again that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter!!! =) hope you liked it! Thank you so much for reading!! =)