The End.

And There You Were. Oh, So Helpless.

I ran my shaking hand through my black hair. I bit at my snakebites nervously. I checked my phone for the tenth time today. Nothing from Ivy. Again.

My knees cracked as I stood up. I was sitting on the curb just outside Bruno’s home. He hadn’t called me queer yet. I’m guessing that was good. I would have to do this the hard way. Hell, I’d parade right into her house right past Mama Bird.

I ran through some yards, jumping a few fences along the way. I did care for her. Why was I stupid enough to tell everyone about that? Once I came to her house I pounded on the door.

Mama Bird answered. She looked at me from the shoes up. She smiled at me warmly. I smiled back. I noticed her red nostrils and the slight remains of something white bordering her nose.

“Why hello there Gabriel. Do you need something?” She was trying her best to remain calm.

“I need to see Ivy.” I demanded.

She let out a laugh, even going as far as slapping her knee. “She’s locked in her room as usual!” She literally sang to me.

I walked past her and gently closed the door behind me. She walked over to some lines on the coffee table in the living room. My feet ran top speed up to her room. I knew exactly where it was; I’d been in there one too many times.

I softly tapped the door with my knuckles. When I heard no answer I knocked harder. I furrowed my brows and then it hit me. Did she try and kill herself again?

Without even thinking I kicked the door with all my strength. It collapsed immediately. That thing was due for a good knocking down any day now. My eyes went big as my fears were confirmed.

Ivy’s face was in the carpet on her floor. Half of her body was still on her bed. I ran into her room, ignoring her mom’s loud snorting sounds from downstairs.

“Ivy!” I shook her shoulder violently.

When she didn’t even move I gently pulled her off of her bed. I turned her over so I could see her face. Her eyes were closed and her black hair was sticking to her forehead. I moved it aside and spoke to her.

“Wake up Ivy. Come on.” I begged.

My vision got blurry when I saw the mountains of pills on the floor. They all came from a large, blank bottle. No. Tears ran down my face. One fell on her cheek and I wiped it away immediately.

I was speechless at that point. She wasn’t even breathing anymore. I grabbed my phone and dialed 9-1-1.

“9-1-1 what’s your emergency?” A kind old woman picked up on the first ring.

“M-My girlfriend’s not breathing. She took tons of pills. A-A-A-“ Panic overtook me.

“Calm down now. What kind of pills are they?”

I looked over at them. “Nyquil.” I answered and then everything stopped. She wanted to sleep forever.

My Ivy wanted to leave the world. I stroked her hair out of her face. My shaking fingers were becoming numb.

“Do you know how many she took?” She was typing away on her computer on the other side.

“No.”

“Is she breathing?”

I placed my fingertips on her pale neck. Her body was kind of cold. “No.” I whispered.

“I need you to stay put. The EMTs are on their way.”

“Alright.”

I cradled Ivy in my arms. She was so tiny, even childlike. I kissed her motionless lips and ignored what the old woman said. I made sure this last one was deep and passionate. I hadn’t been like this around her for so long. Ivy was pronounced dead ten minutes later.

I will never love again.

End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Did you like it? :D!

xoxo
-Cellophane Imploder