Between You and Me

Chapter 6

Next Saturday night, my brother, Devin Ingelido, threw barbeque party in our backyard. He invited all dudes, and I See Stars dudes were coming too, and so does Noah.

I had a ‘girl’ conversation with Sierra Kusterbeck, my brother’s band mate, when Andrew Oliver was walking toward me.

“Andrew!!” I said with a happy tone.

“Jo!” he said, and he greeted Sierra, but Sierra was leaving us because Blake Harnage’s gf was looking for her.

“Is Brittany coming?” I asked Andrew.

“Nah, she can’t. But she said she miss you,” Andrew said as smiled to me. He looked very cool.

“Sweet! I miss her too. She is so nice,” I said and Andrew nodded his head.

“You look pretty, Jo!” suddenly he said that to me. It made me blushed a bit.

“Aw, thanks”

Suddenly Devin Oliver came to us. He looked pale, seemed like he wasn’t very well. But still, he freaked me out a bit.

“Hi, Jo!” he greeted me, as he smiled. He actually had very friendly smile, which might make some girls would fall for him in the very first sight.

“Hi, Dev!” I said, as pretending to smile.

“Man, don’t forget! You are not allowed to get drunk here!” Andy remind his little brother, Devin Oliver. And I was like ‘andrew, why you have to remind him in front of me?’.

“Okay, bro! I will not,” he said as winked. Then Andrew asked permission from me to leave me with Devin, because he had something to do.

Devin’s POV:

Joanna was really beautiful. I couldn’t believe I had ever kissed her when I was drunk. And why did I kiss her when I was drunk? Goddamn. It must be the memory she wanna forget the most, but for me it was a memory I want to remember the most. Okay forget it, Dev!

She’s standing next to you. Don’t stand like a statue, speak up, dude!

“Enjoying the food, Dev?” Joanna was trying to be nice.

“Yes, it’s actually delicious.” I said as smiled. “You don’t drink?”

“Nah, I don’t do alcohol.” She said.

“O..” I said. And suddenly I felt really dizzy. It must be because I was losing sleep lately and didn’t eat enough.

“Jo, do you have analgesic or something? I guess I got headache,”

“Oh yeah, come with me. I’ll get you some,” she said. Then I followed her went inside the house and she asked me to have a seat in the living room. She was disappeared for a moment, then she showed up and brought me some medicine.

“Here you go,” she said as handed me medicine. “You look pale. Are you alright?” I just nodded.

“Should I tell Andrew?”

“No, I’m okay. Maybe it’s because I didn’t sleep well lately,”

“Really? My mom ever told me, that lose sleep usually caused by problem that we over think.” She said. Her face became serious this time. She was cuter with her serious face. Heck! What the hell is going on with me? Why do I pay attention to her so much?

“Is that so?”

“Yes. So what’s your problem? Tell me! I will listen to you, at least it will make you feel release,” she offered me as she sat next to me. She was very kind.

“… well, actually something has been stuck on my mind” I said. Maybe she was right. Maybe it’s gonna be alright just to tell her my problem. And maybe, just maybe, I will feel better.

“Go on, I’m all ears” she said as smiled.

“.. so, you know Brittany right?” I said, and Joanna nodded her head. “she .. is my ex-girlfriend.”

“okay,”

“and we broke up, because she thought that our relationship will never gonna work. And everything was going wrong since she said that to me,” I exhaled. “this is actually embarrassing,”

“It’s not embarrassing. Believe me, Devin!” she said as she wrapped her hand to me. “So what do you feel now? I mean after you broke up with her,”

“it’s just not the same, Jo. I am moving on, but .. there’s part of me that miss her. And my head just keep playing the memories when I was still with her,” holly lord, I about told her everything. “And which is very wrong is she still around me most of the time. It makes me harder to move on.”

“Well, to be honest. I’ve never been in a problem like this. But in my opinion, maybe you should get used to it,”

“You are right. But It’s still hard. You know, maybe it sounds stupid, but the truth is I don’t even do anything I like since we broke up. Because it reminds me of her, I used to do everything with her,”

“That is tragic. Sorry.”

“That’s fine, because it is tragic. “ I said.

“Then you should start to clean the mess you’ve made. You said you’re moving on, then you should start your life, Dev!”

“I don’t even know where to start,”

“I’ll help you,”

“Are you serious?” I wasn’t sure until she nodded her head.

“Sure,”

“Thanks, Jo. I just knew you like days ago. You are so nice,” I said.

She chuckled, “that’s what a friend for, Dev!”

Normal POV

I don’t think a guy like Devin Oliver has sensitive side. The way he told me about his problem, showed me how he really love Brittany. Lucky her. And my brother was right, Devin Oliver is not really scare me. I think I am gonna be his friend. He is a good guy. I know now.
♠ ♠ ♠
new chapter!! (:
Hope you enjoy it!