Between You and Me

Chapter 7

Remember when I had a conversation with Devin? Actually since that day we became closer as friends. And as I promised to him, I would like to help him get his ass out of his problem. And I'd like to be his friend, so I wouldn't be afraid of him anymore.

"So what do you like to do, Dev?" I asked him when he was driving us to nowhere.

".." he didn't say anything just shook his head, he didn't know.

"you didn't know? Holly cow, you said you wanna move on and tell me how could you move on?" I said, I was pissed a bit.

"I do not know how, and that's why you are here right? You will help me."

"Goddamn," okay he was right, I was here to help him. "Now tell me, what you usually do before you lose your mind because you broke up with your girlfriend?" I said, started to get mad.

"Jo, relax," he said as laughed. "well I used to sit in the park bench and talk about everything with Britanny. Or went to movie or just dvd marathon in my place,"

"that sounds like a date,"

His eyes were , "it was,"

"It was a date. And it is a memory that you always can remember. Memory, Dev! But you still have life to live. And now, you're going to make another memory in your life,"

"you're right," he looked at my eyes for a moment and smiled. It made me smile when he smiled.

“George Bernard Shaw said that there are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.” I said suddenly. "I am sure you get the point, you are a year older than me, Dev!" I chuckled.

"I don't know a guy like Devin Ingelido has a sister who is so wise," he joked.

So he drove us to a park. It wasn't really a park, there wasn't a crowd, the scenery wasn't really beautiful. And it was about 7 pm when we were there.

"This place is quite dark," I said.

"Exactly. That's what I need," he replied.

"You need? What are you going to do?" I was afraid a bit. And glanced to him, gave him a sign.

"What? No, Jo! I am not going to do anything that will harm you, believe me." he said. His clear blue eyes, I finally believed he won't lie.

"Okay, I believe you," I said, I couldn't believe I am being his friend. I meant, remember when he was drunk, it was totally not him. But this time, he was like very nice guy I could've ever met. "so what are you gonna do?"

"Just follow me," he said. He was looking around, then he walked off the grass and . Wait? He lied down?

"what are you doing, Devin?"

"Just lie down here, and you can see."

"um.. Okay!" I finally lied down next to him. I got it. "this is awesome, Dev! Seriously," I said, very happy tone.

Devin's POV

"this is awesome, Dev! Seriously," she said when she was looking up to the sky. She smiled.

"I know," I said as I smiled when she was look at me. She looked so happy.

"Is this what you used to do?" she asked me. She out her hands up, make it looks like she could reach the stars.

"this is what I used to do when I was kid. I haven't been here for a long time,"

"Then what brought you here?" she asked me again, still played with her hands.

"I don't know, it just crossed in my mind," I said and I followed what Joanna was doing.

"Does it remind you of Brittany?"

I laughed, "do you really need to ask me that question? I am trying to not remember her all the time, Jo."

"Sorry, Dev! Just wondering," she said.

"That's okay,"

Then we had silent moment for minutes. It was long enough. Just looked at the stars on the sky. When I was looking at the stars, I was feeling something like pain was growing in my heart, suddenly I felt like I am all alone, but then I turned my face and I saw Joanna was next to me. It made me smile in no time.

"You know, sometimes I think that I am such a weird. I don't even know why. And to be honest, sometimes I really want to be in a relationship with some guy but sometimes I just don't think I really need it," she suddenly said that to me.
"Hey Jo, that's nothing wrong to think that you are such a weird, nothing wrong to be a weirdo. But in a relationship, it depends. Like me now, I wasn't ready to fall apart. But I am falling apart, and I'm trying to fix myself. But to be in love is such a natural thing and we can't say 'no' to be in love." I just spit what on my mind out.

"I don't know if a lead vocalist of I See Stars, named Devin Oliver, could have such a wise words to say,"

"Me neither," we were laughing together. I found she was really attractive.

Time passed real fast. I didn't even realize that we were lying down there for one and half hour. And it was getting cool outside. I was afraid if we lie there any longer, she would get sick. So I decided to go. And since she had to go to school tomorrow, she had to go home. So I drove her home.

Normal POV

"Devin, I am home," I said, with loud voice. Walked in, headed to living room and found him was lying on the couch while watching sitcom on TV.

"Joooannaa!" he stood up in no time and ran toward me. "you bring something to eat?" he made a real big smile.

"Oh yes, Devin Oliver brought you pan of pizza, and I have taco for you,"

"THANK GOD!!" my brother said as he hugged me and Devin. "man, thank you," he said to Devin Oliver. It made us laughing.

"Oh yes, that's not a big deal," Devin said.

"how about you have dinner here?" I offered him, when Devin Ingelido, my brother, was busy with his pizza and taco.

"I guess I can't. Andy's waiting me home, sorry!" he said.

"That's alright,"

"Okay, I think I better go home now," he said.

"Dev, I am gonna walk another Devin to his car,"

"Okay, sist! Thanks again Dev for the pizza." said Devin Ingelido.

"yes, bro! Bye!" Devin waved to Devin (Ingelido). And I walked him to the car.

He got into the car, and pulled down the window. "thanks for today," he said.

"I am the one who should say thanks, Dev! Thanks, Devin! That was very beautiful view." I said.

"You're welcome,"

I smiled, "oh, and say hi from me for Andrew."

"Oh yes, I will tell him. Bye"

"Bye, Dev!"
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?
hope you enjoy it!