Status: In Process Of Being Written

Got to Be What Tomorrow Needs

Ch.1

For every time that they want to count you out

~~~~ California 2019 ~~~~

This is Doctor Death Defying, you’re guide to the fight against BLI.
I have some tragic news to share with you all.
Our four lead Killjoys have been killed.
We remember Party Poison, Jet Star, Fun Ghoul, and Kobra Kid.
Who will step up to take their place?
Who will stand up and fight for our lives?
Who out there will…


I turned off the radio and leaned back in my chair and stared at the ceiling.

“It’s time Kid”

I spun in my chair to see my only companion in these horrible days standing in the doorway to my room.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about”

“I really don’t”

“Bull shit! You know EXACTLY what I’m talking about! You know very well that you need to live up to what you were born to do. You know that you need to start using that gift of yours”

I turned away from my closest friend, Lavender Pansy, and took a sip of my water. I knew what she was talking about but I didn’t want to live up to what others had decided for me. I didn’t want to be what everyone else thought I should be. I wasn’t going to be who everyone wanted me to be. I just stared at the photo of my parents on my wall and fiddled with the necklace around my neck. It had been four years since they had both died and I was left all alone with the only person who knew about my gift. It had been a secret until I accidently used it in front of her without meaning to.

“Kid I know how much you may hate it but you have got to be what tomorrow needs.”

At that I swung around to find her right behind me. I stood up and looked her in the eye.

“Drop it now”

I walked away from her then and into our living room area that wasn’t really much. I looked at our surveillance systems that we had up in around our hide out so that if any BLI cronies came about we could take care of them. There hadn’t been anything lately so I had taken to just staying inside our home underground. It was safest there.

Especially since I was marked for death.

I heard Lavender sit down on the couch behind me.

“There’s nothing there. Face it we’re safe out here but others aren’t”

“That’s not my problem”

“Unfortunately it is kid”

“Why must you call me kid?”

“Because I like it better than calling you Pinkly Art”

I looked over my shoulder at her to see her smiling at me.

“You know why my name is what it is. My parents named me art”

“They did that for a reason. Your mom told me everything in case she was gone. I’m to protect you…which is hard since you kick my ass at everything.”

“No I don’t”

“Okay so you don’t kick my ass at video games but fighting you sure as hell do”

I just snorted and turned back to the surveillance cameras. I flipped a switch and I was connected to BLI’s surveillance camera’s completely undetected.

Yeah I was also good with computers and shit.

Really the only thing I sucked at was video games, which Lavender pointed out daily to me. Hey we had to pass the time somehow.

“Why can’t you accept that you’re subconsciously looking for people to help”

“Because I’m really not”

“You’ve had those cameras hacked into for a while now. You’ve been watching them for a long time now. If you don’t go soon they really will be gone for good”

“Why don’t you shut up”

“Because you know I’m right and what would your mom think?”

I stood up and turned to glare at Lavender.

“My mom would have been here to tell me how to use it instead of me having to wing it. SHE would have been able to help me. SHE would have told me everything. SHE WOULDN’T HAVE LEFT ME SCARED TO ATTEMPT TO USE MY GIFT BECAUSE I DON’T FULLY UNDERSTAND IT!!!!”

I stormed into my room and slammed the door shut. I collapsed onto my bed and pulled out my small surveillance monitor out from underneath my bed. I flipped to the BLI cameras and watched had Dr. Death Defying went walking by with the little girl they usually had out with them. They were doing the patrol now since they were gone. Suddenly my emergency alarm went off and it showed me that some BLI cronies were coming a little too close for comfort.

I immediately flipped off the BLI cameras and grabbed my laser guns and ran to our entrance and climbed out hiding behind a bunch of bushed in the desert where we were. We were located in Zone 6 way out and far away from Battery City where BLI was located. We did that on purpose to keep me safe since they would give anything and I mean ANYTHING to kill me. They had found out about the prophecy too and were STILL trying to figure out where i was.

I peeked around the bush. I had perfect aim but then I was grabbed from behind.

Shit I hate when this happens

I reared up and kicked my foot backwards aiming my heel at his knees. He buckled and I swung around and grabbed his laser and shot him a bunch of times in the head and chest. Then I rushed around the bush and started firing at the other cronies. They all collapsed before they could even fire a decent shot. I surveyed the area and found their car a little ways away.

I walked back to our entrance and double checked that no one was there and I heard an all clear over my walkie from Lavender who was, of course, watching me on the cameras. I slid inside and secured the door. I walked over to Lavender and pulled out the map of Battery City and surrounding zones to figure out the best place to dump them.

We figured the closer to Battery City the better. We decided to dump them in zone 4. We were going to go at midnight and I would drive the cronies car with them pilled in it and Lavender would drive my car out there and then I would drive back because let’s face it, I can drive better in real life then in some stupid video game.

Lavender and I moved the bodies into the car and went back inside to wait for the cover of darkness to make our move. I charged up my laser guns in the meantime. Lavender didn’t really talk much to me because she knew I already knew what she was going to say. She was going to say that, that was one more reason that I needed to live up to my prophecy, because they were starting to outnumber the killjoys and with the top four down I really needed to help out. You would think for a best friend that she would know when to shut-up and not bring anything up.

We left at exactly midnight after eating whatever little food we had left and I drove the croonies car while she drove my pink sporty t-top car. It greatly resembled the killjoys car but without the spider on it. Instead I have splatter of paint all over it. Needless to say my father had painted it to match my name when I was younger saying I would need it one day. We arrived at Zone 4 and found a good place to dump them, away from any camera’s which didn’t really start to show up until zone 3 at least. We grabbed one body at a time and spaced them out. We were done in no time and started back to my car when I spotted a killjoy on the side of the road.

I walked over to them and I could tell that they were dead. I kneeled down to see what did it and it was a laser gun. I was just staring at the person when suddenly they started sputtering and gasping for breath.

God damnit

I quickly stood up and walked back to the car where Lavender was waiting for me. I motioned for her to get in and I sped off back out to our hide out, just leaving the killjoy standing there on the side of road staring at me in wonder.

We arrived back at out hide out and I threw my things across my room.

“God Damnit!”

“I told you kid. I TOLD you that you need to start using it!”

“But did you see that!? I didn’t do that! I didn’t even mean to it just happened!!!”

“Well you DID do it! If you would just practice…”

“What!? By sneaking into BLI BY MYSELF and trying to bring them back to life!? You’ve officially lost it!”

“Kid I know it may be scary but you have to admit it felt right doing that. It felt right helping save others. You saved that man in enough time. But time is running out for the four leaders. And you know what will happen if you don’t…”

“What makes you think that, that part is true?”

“Didn’t she prophesize that they would be gone and you would bring them back, but if you didn’t then we would all fall because they are the only ones capable of defeating BLI?”

I turned away from Lavender and fought back the tears.

“Leave me alone. I need sleep”

“Fine but you know I’m right”

Lavender left shutting the door behind me and I screamed out in pain. I wanted to go and help so badly but I was scared because I didn’t know how to control my gift. I hadn’t gotten the hang of it even though I first showed the signs of it when I was 11 years old.

I fell asleep that night in remembrance.

~~~~ 8 years ago ~~~~

I stood crying over my best friend’s body in the morgue. She had died with her parents in a fatal car crash and since we lived next door to them they asked us to identify the bodies to make sure. I just kept crying and then I felt a rush of light inside of me and then she started coughing and sat up on the table scaring everyone but myself who ran and hugged her.

That was when my parents had to sit us both down, because she knew that she was dead and that she shouldn’t be living when she clearly was.

That was the day I learned that I was meant to save the world along with four young men who were going to be the leaders of the resistance or killjoys. I was told then that my power was to bring others back to life. I wish I had known how to control it then, because I would’ve been able to bring my mom back, but Lavender said that it would be useless since she had suffered too many blows to be saved. That and she wasn’t meant to be brought back but others were.

From then on my parents tried to help me control my power but if anything I was just bringing plants or animals back to life since I didn’t understand my power. It seemed that unless I wanted it or loved it I couldn’t willingly bring it back. I guess that was changing since I brought a complete stranger back to life when I didn’t even know him.

Suddenly what my mom said to me that first day I learned off my power came to me and it was like she was saying it right there in my ear while I slept.

“You’ve got to be what tomorrow needs Art. You’ve got to be what tomorrow needs”

~~~~ End Flashback/Dream ~~~~

I shot up in my bed and looked around. I didn’t see my mom or anything else. I looked at my clock and saw that it was only 2 am. I had been asleep at most one hour and I was wide awake now. I could feel light and energy pulsing through me. Hearing my mother’s voice again and it sounding so clear made me realize that I needed to suck it up and do what I had to do. It would be on my head if they didn’t live.

It would be all my fault if we all died.
♠ ♠ ♠
well here is chapter one b/c i had it in my head so i just decided to go ahead and write plus i have writers block on bitter sweet b/c i've worked so much lately that it's just like...ummm...yeah no story writing right now. maybe i'll come up with something tomorrow night at work when i'm just sitting there at the fitting room and what not.

newho comment and subscribe!!!! ^_^