Status: done :)

Punch-Drunk Love

Summer Love As Usual

I woke up with a weight on top of me, pinning me to the bed. I pushed up with all of my might and heard the weight land with an oof on my floor. I pulled my pillow off of my head, and leaned over the side of the bed to see Stephen laying on his back.

“Morning sunshine!” he said in an all too peppy tone, “Or should I say afternoon, it is nearly noon.”

“How do you always manage to get into my house,” I said squinting at the sunlight.

“You gave me a key like freshman year,” he said sitting up and shrugging, “But John brought that girl Miranda from Denny’s over to the house today. I don’t feel like sitting alone with them, so can I hang out with you today?”

“I was supposed to have a girls day with Audra,” I said motioning to where she laid still asleep.

“Audra’s here?!” Stephen said jumping here, “Audra my love!”

I laughed as he tackled her on the futon, causing her to freak out. I flopped back onto my bed, while the two wrestled on the futon. Eventually, Stephen ended up on the ground, and popped up while looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

“Audra, can Stephen join us in our girls day?” I said looking over at her, “John brought this new girl over, and he doesn’t want to spend it alone with them.”

“Why doesn’t he just bring the girl over and all five of us can swim?” she said with a ‘duh’ tone.

“That could work,” I said with a nod, “Stephen, go tell your brother and that girl to come over and swim. If she doesn’t have a bikini, tell her I have one she can borrow.”

“Yes m’am,” he said with a fake salute before dashing out of my room and down my stairs.

“I promise, one night you, Jess and I will have a girls day,” I said looking at Audra, “We can get mani’s and pedi’s, and watch a bunch chick flicks.”

“Don’t worry about it,” she said with a laugh, “It’s like those two are your brothers, so I’m used to them. But I will hold you to that night!”

“Okay,” I said sitting up, “I don’t plan on showering, since we’re swimming, what about you?”

“I’ll just wash my face,” she said hopping off of the futon, “My black and white bikini is still here, right?”

“Yeah, it should be in the second drawer on the left walls unit,” I said walking into the bathroom, “I’m just going to wash my face, and brush my teeth. Then the bathroom is all yours.”

I ran a brush through my now wavy hair, before pulling it up and sliding a thin headband on to control my bangs. I washed my face diligently, and applied my SPF face lotion. I walked out of the bathroom, and was replaced by Audra, as I went into my closet to pick out my bikini. My multi-colored striped on was on top, so I slid out of my clothes, before putting it on. I threw my clothes in the hamper, before grabbing some towels from the bottom shelf.

“Sadie Rose, where are you!?” I heard John practically yell as my bedroom door swung open.

“I’m in here John,” I said emerging from the closet, “Hi, Miranda, nice to see you again. I’m assuming you need that bikini?”

“Nice to see you too,” she said with a smile, “And yeah, if it isn’t too much trouble.”

“None at all, just come pick one out,” I said heading back into closet.

“Damn, you have a lot,” she said staring in the drawer.

“Yeah, I have a bad habit of buying them,” I said with a shrug.

She eventually decided on a blue and white striped halter bikini, before going into the bathroom to change. I grabbed everyone towels, and when she was done we all headed out to the pool.

“Oh, Audra, this is my new friend Miranda,” John said realizing he never introduced them, “Miranda this is one of my good friends, and Sadie’s best friend, Audra.”

They exchanged quick hello’s and us girls set our towels out on the lounge chairs. Stephen and John stripped their shirts off before running and jumping into the pool, causing a huge splash to lightly hit us.

“Those two are insane,” I said shaking my head, “Especially John, he’s so hyper.”

“Should I be worried?” Miranda asked while eyeing the wrestling brothers.

“Nah, he’s harmless,” I said laughing, “So tell us about yourself, Miranda.”

“Well, I’m 16, and I’ll be a junior this fall,” she said tapping her fingers while thinking, “I work at Denny’s, which you know, and babysit on the side for a little bit of extra money.”

“Oh, so you’re in John’s class,” Audra said with a nod of approval, “Since you told us about you, I’ll tell you about me. I’m 19, and will be heading into college at ASU this fall to major in Advertising. I work at the movie theater, and have for about 2 years now. And I’m single.”

“I recently turned 18, and currently have no job,” I said joining in the conversation, “I do merch for the guys band whenever they have shows, and often go on tour with them. I’m going to ASU this fall to major in Mass Communications, and will hopefully be moving out with Audra. I’m kind of dating the singer for their band, who I’m sure you’ll meet soon enough.”

“I feel so, I don’t know, young,” Miranda said once I was done talking.

Audra and I just laughed, explaining to her that none of us even thought of age. We continued our mindless chatter, and were eventually pestered by the boys to actually swim. I told them I didn’t want to because I never got to tan the other day, but Audra and Miranda gladly hopped in the pool.

I laid face up, and started soaking up the warm June rays, before I was once again rudely interrupted. Stephen was standing over me, letting his hair drip the cold water onto me, and I was less than amused.

“Stephen, don’t do it,” I said sternly, already knowing what he was thinking of doing.

He pretended to not hear me, and before I even had time to fight back, he had thrown me over his shoulder, and was jumping into the pool with me. I kicked off the bottom as soon as I hit it, and came up gasping for breath.

“Stephen, I’m so telling Mama Gomez,” I said jumping onto his back and dunking him.

“Then I’ll tell her you just dunked me!” he said as he resurfaced.

“Jesus, you’d think you were the siblings,” John said laughing, “And try not to scare Miranda off, I enjoy her company quite a lot.”

“Sorry,” we said sheepishly simultaneously.

“They’re actually entertaining,” Miranda said piping up.

Stephen and I gave John knowing looks, before continuing wrestling in the pool. Audra declared that we should have a game of chicken, and we all agreed. I chose to referee, so it was Stephen and Audra against Miranda and John. I counted them down, and the girls were trying their hardest to push each other off the boys shoulders.

With one final shove, Miranda had launched Audra into the water, along with Stephen.

“And the winners are the youngsters!” I said with a laugh.

“You kicked me John,” Stephen said pointing an accusing finger.

“It slipped,” he said trying to act innocent.

I laughed at his failed attempt, and soon another wrestling match was underway. I just stood in the water, and laughed along with Audra and Miranda. The eventually gave up, and we all messed around for a bit longer.

“Mom invited you over for dinner tonight, she saw your parents leave this morning,” John said as we all got out of the pool.

“Awh, tell Mama Gomez that I’ll definitely be over,” I said drying off.

“Shit, it’s already 4:30, I better get home. I work the late shift today,” Miranda said as she glanced at her watched, “It was nice meeting you guys, I had a lot of fun.”

Audra, Stephen and I bid her goodbye before John walked her out of the backyard and presumably to her car.

“I approve of her, she’s awesome,” I said wrapping my towel around my body.

“I do too, she actually keeps him calm,” Stephen said with a nod.

Audra agreed with both of our statements, and the two of us told Stephen goodbye before heading back into my house. Audra helped me fold the blankets she used, before gathering her stuff, and deciding to head home as well. Once she was gone, and I had everything locked up, I decided to shower before dinner at the Gomez’s.

I washed quickly, before pulling my hair up, and slipping on my jean shorts and simple white v-neck. I decided to skip putting on make-up, and grabbed my phone and keys before walking over to my second family’s home.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to the lovely Miranda
She's currently writing me a B.Dales one-shot, so keep an eye out of it ;)

I am seriously addicted to this story.
it's my favorite