Status: done :)

Punch-Drunk Love

Save Your Excuses

I walked into the nail shop behind Jess, and with Audra and Miranda behind me. We were having a girl’s day, and the first thing on the agenda was to get manicures and pedicures. We called ahead for appointments, and were lead to 4 of the chairs in a row right when we walked in.

“So how are you and little Gomez doing, Miranda?” I asked as our feet soaked in the tubs.

“Good, he actually asked me out officially on our date last night,” she said with a blush creeping up her neck.

“That makes Stephen and I the only single ones left in the band,” Jess said laughing and looking at Audra.

“Wait, what about Jobe?” I said eyeing the pair.

“Oh, did Audra not tell you?” Jess said still laughing, “Her and little Joshy are together.”

“Not officially!” Audra said quickly, “We’ve only been on 2 dates since their first show. Promise.”

“I’m replacing you with Miranda,” I said with a fake scoff and turning towards the other blonde, “Since we are now best friends, I’ll ask you for help picking an outfit out for my date tonight.”

“Oh my god, I get to go into the wonderland known as your closet,” she said with a smile.

“Yes, you do,” I said smiling, “And yes, you two can come as well. It’s not like we won’t be at my house anyways.”

We all laughed, and relaxed as our feet were scrubbed and massaged. When it was time to get them painted, I picked to get white tips, and crystals on my big toe. We then moved onto getting our nails done, and I patiently sat while I had my nails buffed. I was getting square white tipped acrylic nails, along with Audra. Jess and Miranda were just getting theirs painted, saying they’d get annoyed with the fake nails to quickly.

“So where are you and Brian going tonight?” Jess asked looking over at me.

“Dinner and then who knows what,” I said smiling, “Can I just say how happy I am that you guys picked him to sing for you?”

Jess just laughed, and the four of us made mindless conversation as we had our hands pampered. When we were all done, I paid for everyone, with a lot of protest.

“Sadie, that is way too much money,” Miranda said trying to stop me.

“Yeah, I can’t let you do that,” Audra said earning a nod from Jess.

“Relax guys,” I said waving them off, “My mom and dad are so happy I’m actually with girls instead of the boys that they told me to get us all mani’s and pedi’s. None of this comes out of my pocket.”

“Then tell your parents thanks for us,” Jess laughed as we filed out into the hot Arizona sun.

We all walked to my Jetta, and piled in rolling down the windows. We contemplated on what else to do, and I got the perfect idea. I didn’t tell the girls, and just drove to the one place that I knew they’d love.

“Uh, why are we at your cousin’s tattoo shop?” Audra said looking confused.

“All four of us are getting a tattoo,” I said turning the car off, “Matching. No protests.”

“I’d love to, but I’m not 18,” Miranda said with a funny look.

“Doesn’t matter, he’ll let you get a small one,” I said as we got out.

“Do you have an idea planned?” Jess asked falling into step beside me.

“Since we’re all a little goofy, I was thinking finger tattoo’s of mustaches,” I said opening the heavy door.

They all gave me excited looks, and I knew that they were in love with the idea. I immediately was engulfed in a hug by my cousin when he saw me, and I introduced him to Jess and Miranda. I explained what we wanted done, and he agreed he could fit us in before his next appointment. He set up his station, and I was the first to go under the gun. It was a quick tattoo, and hurt a lot less than my hip one. Jess was next, followed by Miranda, and he finished with Audra.

“How much do we owe you Cody?” I said fishing for my wallet.

“They’re on the house,” he said waving me off, “They were quick, and didn’t use too much ink.”

“At least let us tip,” Audra said grabbing her wallet.

We all pulled out a twenty, and handed it to him before I hugged him one final time.

“Lunch?” Jess asked as we got back into the car.

“Lunch,” we all said causing us to laugh.

“I say we go to Friday’s,” Audra suggested, “I could really go for a Red Bull slush.”

“That just sounds amazing right now,” Miranda said chiming in, “Are you 2 cool with that?”

Jess and I nodded, and we headed to the Friday’s by the mall. Lunch was quick, and full of talk of boys and other stuff going on in our lives. We all paid our bill, and realized that it was nearing 5 and I still needed to get ready for my date.

=====

“This top, those jeans, and these shoes,” Miranda said pointing too all of the items she had picked out.

“Then we’ll curl your hair a little, and fix your makeup,” Audra said nodding in approval of Miranda’s choices.

“And this necklace!” Jess said popping into the closest holding my favorite key necklace.

I shoved them out of my closet, telling them to pick out my makeup, before sliding into the clothes that were laid on one of the shelves. I slid the dark super skinny jeans on, followed by the strappy grey top, and black cardigan. My new black TOMS were the next thing on, and I secured my necklace. I found the crew in the bathroom, and was pushed onto my vanity stool while they went to work.

30 minutes later, the doorbell was ringing and I was finished getting ready. Audra bounced down the stairs to answer the door before any of us had the chance, but we were close behind.

“You ready babe?” Brian asked after greeting the girls.

“Yep, let’s go,” I said grabbing his hand and smiling, “Bye girls, thanks for everything today!”

They all waved goodbye, before deciding to go over and annoy the Gomez brothers. Brian and I walked to his truck, and were on our way to our early dinner.

======

After dinner I had received a text from one of my high school friends, Taylor inviting me to a house party he was throwing. After talking to Brian about it, he agreed to go with me, saying he’d be DD if needed. I thanked him profusely, and helped navigate us to house I used to party at all too often.

The party was starting to pick up right as we got there, and I pulled Brian through the crowds so we could find Taylor. I found him in an intense game of beer pong against his best friend Ethan, and couldn’t help but to laugh at the victory cheer he made when he sunk the final shot.

“Tay Tay!” I said pulling him into a hug as soon as he turned around.

“Sades!” he said picking me up a little, “I’ve missed you!”

“I’ve missed you too,” I said detaching myself from him, “This is my boyfriend, Brian. Brian this is my friend Taylor.”

The two shook hands briefly, and Taylor informed us to drink as much as we wanted and to enjoy ourselves. We snaked into the kitchen, and I grabbed a cup before mixing some Blue UV and lemonade. Brian stuck to his word, and grabbed a bottle of water.

We ran into people I had graduated with, along with some people Brian would be graduating with in the spring. We mingled with our friends, and danced to the Top 40 hits playing through the house while having a genuinely good time. Brian stopped dancing in the middle of one of the songs, and pulled his phone out with a confused look.

“I have to take this,” he said into my ear as he waved his phone, “I’ll be right back in.”

“Okay, I’m going to get another drink,” I said holding up my empty cup, “I’ll wait for you in the kitchen.”

He nodded and raced out of the house while putting the phone up to his ear. I weaved through the makeshift dance floor into the kitchen, where I bumped into Taylor. He was mixing something he called Hulk Juice, and I didn’t see the harm in trying it. He handed me the cup that smelt like grape, before topping it off with green crystal sprinkles.

The drink was sweet, and I could barely taste the alcohol that had been added. I thanked Taylor, and we stood around talking while I waited for Brian. I could tell Taylor had drank quite a bit, and he wasn’t close to stopping.

“You’re like, really pretty Sadie,” He said leaning over to me.

“And you’re really drunk,” I said patting his shoulder, “Which is why you should stop drinking.”

“But it’s good,” he said chugging the rest of his cup, “Do you like me Sadie?”

“You’re a great friend Taylor,” I said looking for Brian, “But you know I have a boyfriend already, you just met him.”

“Forget that kid,” he said gripping my arm and pulling me towards his face, “And get with me.”

I tried as hard as I could to push him away, but I couldn’t match his size and strength. I felt him push his lips to mine, and I struggled even more in his grip.

“What the fuck is this?” I heard Brian yell over the music.

Taylor finally let go of me, and I rubbed the spot on my arm where he had held me.

“I’m going to ask again, what the fuck was that?” Brian asked standing right next to us.

“Chill dude, I was just kissing that hot piece of ass over there,” Taylor said nodding towards me.

“First of all, that is my girlfriend,” Brian said pushing Taylor in the chest, “And secondly, don’t call her a piece of ass.”

“And what are you going to do? Sing me to death?” Taylor bellowed into Brian’s face.

“No, but I will do this,” he said before sending a right hook into the side of Taylor’s face.

Of course, this started a full blown brawl, and I tried my hardest to separate the two of the them. My attempts were unnoticed, and I was knocked into the counter as they went at it. Finally some of their friends were able to separate them, but that didn’t keep them from yelling at each other. I angrily grabbed Brian’s arm, and drug him through the party out onto the front porch.

“Seriously Brian? Was the even necessary?” I shouted as we walked to his truck.

“You’re mad at me for defending you?” he said sounding angry, “Seriously, Sadie?”

“You didn’t have to punch him,” I as we stopped by the truck, “Thank you for defending me, but seriously fighting him was stupid. There is seriously no point in doing that.”

“Next time I’ll just let some guy put his hands on you then,” he said climbing into the truck and slamming the door.

“You know that is not what I mean Brian Logan Dales,” I said seething with anger, “Just take me home. I’m done with you right now.”

He pulled away from the curb without another word, and we rode back to my house in an uncomfortable silence. I could see his knuckles were speckled with blood, and it took everything in me to not offer to clean him up. He pulled in front of my house, and I sighed and bit my lip.

“If this is how it’s going to be, then don’t expect me to call,” I said undoing my seatbelt.

I got out, and waited for him to say something, but he just shook his head. I sighed, and shut the door, before walking up to my dark house. I saw that Jess’ car was still at the Gomez’s, and contemplated visiting, but chose not to. I felt that it was better to just curl up in my bed, and try and let this new feeling of emptiness go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Addison's outfit

dr-dr-drama :)
And trust me, it won't end here.
I want this to be such a drama filled story.