The Expectation to Never Expect

two

"Im still in love with my ex..." Gently I blinked my pale blue eyes as tears fell down my redding cheeks at his words.

His own eyes were focused ahead of me, staring aimlessly down the familiar street from the driver's side of the car. I watched him closely as his jaw tightened and hands gripped tighter on the steering wheel. There was a time merely weeks before when his hands would reach across the middle console and hold mine while he drove, playing aimlessly with my fingers.

"You can't do this to people Taylor."

"You think I mean it?" His brown eyes looked over at me quickly before flicking back to the stretch of road ahead. "God I seriously liked you. You're something else, you're just-"

"Not her." I unclipped my seat belt as the sun began to rise. "I seriously hope she's worth it. I fucking hope she rips out your heart and stands all over it. You're a fuck head Taylor Morrissey and I hope I never seen you again!" I don't quite know what persuaded me to do it, a lapse of judgement but the phone flying out of my hand and hitting him in the side of the head pulled a grin upon my face and I stepped out of the car, slammed the dark blue door and walked with pride across the street and into my warm bed.

Broken hearts were the sort of thing you needed help to stitch back together. You had to either give it away all over again in the hopes that somebody far more careful would gently glue and fix it the way it was always meant to be, or you had to wait pain staking years until it healed on it's own.

Taylor Morrissey was suppose to be the boy who fixed my aching chest. And for a few months he did.

He was a boy who I'd met in a shared cab ride home one Saturday. I should have known he was bad news simply by the people he called friends, the tattoos that lined his entire spine, the suburb he called home. 

But Taylor Morrissey was sweet when it was just us, he kept his arms around my waist no matter how long I slept, he left kisses on my cheeks and forehead in public. 

A drunken mistake made me realise Taylor Morrissey wasn't the boy who was meant to heal my heart, but the one to destroy it further.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't really expect this to pick up immediately, it's very efferent to the other stories I've written.
It's honest.

Please, don't be afraid to tell me what you think :)