Status: Right now, I'm really pissed with the internet..I'll wait 'till I get home to continue..cheers!

If We Ever Meet Again

Chapter 18-Thoughts

Jasper beat me again. When I reached my room, Jasper was already there, clearly browsing around. Peeking at my stuff here and there.

" What are you doing here?" I hissed as I closed the door behind me. He grinned. " You're not supposed to be here. Not in my room. Especially not touching my stuff. Don't touch that!" I nearly screamed hysterically. He was picking up a frame which held a picture of me and mum.

" Is this your mother?" he asked, waving the frame. " You don't look like her. You take a lot after your father," he smirked. " Dear Daddy's little girl," he taunted.

" Shut up," I snarled, snatching the frame from him. " What are you doing here?" I demanded as I put it back onto the shelf.

" Visiting you, of course," he said, cupping my face with his hands and stared straight into my eyes. " I can visit you, right?"

" Yeah," I said, feeling slightly dizzy. " But not here...in my room," I snapped back to my old self.

" I thought we're comfortable with each other now. Past all the evasiveness?" he questioned me.

" We are. But not here!" I nearly screamed. He put his finger on my lips, before leaning in to kiss on my cheek.

" I'm going to miss you, you know," he said.

" Uh, why?" my mind went blank.

" Well...tomorrow's sunny," he said, looking carefully into my eyes. " Which reminds me, aren't you the least bit intrigue about me? I mean, you haven't asked a single question about me after your question about my diet," he murmured.

" Should I?" Really, I'm beginning to sound stupid, even to my own ears. I shook my head a little. " I didn't think it was necessary. It was good enough to know that you weren't about to kill me or anything."

" Really?" he asked, sounding slightly amused. " When Bella and Edward started going out, she bombarded him with questions. You, on the other hand, don't seem to be interested with anything associated with vampires."

" Well, except you. And your family. I like you guys. That's gotta be passable, right?"

" Don't you ever wondered about whether the legends about vampires are true?"

" Nope."

" Good girl," he laughed, ruffling my hair. " Well...see you again a few days later," he joked, suddenly now on the window sill.

" Wait!" I gasped suddenly. He froze in mid-jump. He raised one eyebrow, apparently annoyed with me for interrupting his jump.

" How do you know tomorrow is going to be sunny?" I asked. His eyes widened and he fell back onto the floor, laughing his head off. " I'm serious!" I said heatedly, annoyed with him because he hadn't stopped laughing at me yet.

" Okay, okay," he said, gasping a bit. " Can't you feel that today is a bit warmer?" he asked me, squinting through his almost-tear-blinded eyes.

" Oh...no," I said, feeling really ridiculous. He chuckled before climbing back onto the window sill.

" No more questions, right?" he asked wryly. I shook my head. " You're not going to scream or do anything that could possibly give me a heart attack, right?" Again, I shook my head. " Good. Now, be a good little girl and have some rest. I'll come and visit you later. When I have the time. And when you won't chop my head off." And with that, he disappeared.

Finally. I can have a rest. Without Dad yapping about how Jasper should have stopped me from breaking my knuckles. Without Jasper to just suddenly appear out of thin air into my room, making fun of me. I smiled a little, imagining how Dad and Jasper would have to cope with each other, should we ended up together. Like Bella and Edward.

No, I suddenly realized. That could not happen. To be with Jasper, I would have to become a vampire. It would be cool to be one. But what about Dad? He would be left alone in this cruel world. Not to mention the thirst I would have to endure. No, I decided. I won't exchange my life just to be with Jasper. Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anna doesn't want to be a vampire. Isn't that sweet because she had thought about her father first?