P.S. I Won't Forget You.

Prologue.

"MOM! DAD!" Gerard shouted, on the verge of crying, "MIKEY!"

But his mother, nor his father replied. Neither did his little brother. All that came to Gerard's ears was frantic screaming, and the pounding of footsteps as people hurriedly rushed around, desperate to save their lives. The whole cruise ship was in a chaotic state, every single person in the ship had given up on the aid of the staff, or the captain. Everyone was just trying to keep themselves alive. Gerard was one of those people, he had finally doubted the fact that he would ever see his family again.

Tears streamed down from his eyes, collapsing on the cruise ship floor. They poured more violently by the second, and he cried like he didn't care if he ran out of tears. He just didn't care anymore.

"Hey Kid," a young man in the cruise uniform said, reaching out for Gerard, "Where are your parents?"

Gerard shrugged, and tried to walk aWay from the man, but he didn't get far. When the man caught up, he grabbed him by the shoulder and looked into Gerard's hazel eyes firmly.

"You're not staying on this ship, it's going to sink, and you're going to drown. Do you want to drown?"

Gerard didn't know how to reply to this, because in fact, he wasn't completely sure of the answer himself. He only wanted to see his family, but he knew that he had to wake up from fantasy. He had to bring himself to face the reality: He was not going to see them again.

"They have lifeboats prepared there, and kids like you, they get to ride on 'em first. Just think of it like...like the "It's a Small World" ride in Disney Land, only scratch the creepy dolls with scary eyes, scratch the happy song and put this into your mind: It's a ride you have to take to survive. Do you understand me?" He asked.

Gerard nodded blankly, and before he knew it, he was being pulled towards the deck. He knew that of his family wasn't on the same lifeboat as him, then his 10% chance of seeing them would be moved down to 0. But he knew he had no choice, this was his only option.

__________________________~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Where's Gerard!?" Mikey's mother desperately asked him. Mikey wanted to know the answer to that question more than anything in the world, but he didn't. He couldn't even be sure if Gerard was on the boat anymore.

Tears began to pour down Mikey's face, each tear was filled with sadness, and longing to find his brother. His father had been severely injured when the boat had crashed, and died only moments later.

Mikey's mother grabbed him by the hand, and rapidly paced towards the deck, when suddenly she slipped, her head crashing violently onto the ground. She yelped in pain, clutching onto her arm and leg she violently took in deep breaths, desperate to be able to save her and her son.

"GO!" She cried out to Mikey, who stared at the scene with terror written into his eyes. "I SAID GO!" She repeated, shouting louder than she ever had Mikey's 7 years of life.

"But mom..." he began.

"It doesn't matter what happens to me! Just save yourself! I promise you, I'll be Okay." She managed to smile, despite her severe pain.

Mikey took one last look at his dying mother, before running off to find a lifeboat that could take him safely home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and tell me how you like it so far, Thanks! ^^