Status: It's going :)

Living a Dream

The Webs We Weave

"Lana! Get up!" I hear my uncle screaming at me.
I barely open my eyelids. "Go away!"
"Come on Lansie, we'll be late.Please will you just hurry up?" He begged.
"Late? Where are we going?" I hate when he makes plans without telling me.
"I'll tell you later! Now c'mon you sleepyhead! Get ready, I'll be waiting downstairs."
"Wait!" He stops. "What time is it?" He smiles.
"2 pm, sleepyhead."

I moaned. It's still early. I know it's already afternoon here but if I was in Croatia right now I would be sleeping tight. I still can't adjust to Vegas time. Even my wrist watch still shows Croatian time.

I get out of bed and go take a quick shower. I hate drying my hair. It takes too long. And I hate seeing my wet straight hair turn to my wavy hair as I dry it. When I'm finally done I pick an outfit,put it on and go to the bathroom that is attached to my room (thank God) to put some make up on,grab my mp3 and rush downstairs.

"I'm ready!" I yell running down the stairs.
I skip the 4 last stairs and I almost knock down uncle Tom.
"Sorry!"
"It's noting just let's get going."

We get out of the building and rush to the parking lot. I see the familiar, gorgeous black BMW x6 whose lucky owner is my very uncle. I get in, put my earphones in, turn on my mp3 and turn it up. I see Tom roll his eyes.

He's saying something to me but I can't hear a word he said.
"What?" I ask pulling my earphones out.
"I asked: Will you do this every time we go somewhere?" I think he saw a confused look on my face and he added "I mean listen to music."
"Yeah, that's the plan."
"Well, that's not my plan" He pulls the mp3 from my hands. I sequel.
"Nooooooo. Give that back." An evil smirk comes across his face. I just know he's not gonna give it back. I mope. "Fine. Then what will we do?"
He starts the car. And drives out of the parking lot. "Talk." He looks at me and smiles stupidly.
"Talk?"
"Yes, talk. You know, the thing that civilized people do."
I sigh. Then I realize he yet didn't say where are we going. "Hey..you still didn't tell me where are we going."
"To work." He smiles and winks at me. "We have a meeting."
"We?"
"Yes, we." I looked in disbelief at him. "You are my partner now."
"Okay." I grinned.

I was really excited but I didn't know why. I have this weird feeling. I actually had it since I woke up, or should I say since I had been woken up.

We drove about 25 minutes until we came to a parking lot of a big building. The building had a big sign that said: 'Epitaph Records'. I smiled instantly when I saw it. I got out of the car and just stood there staring at the building. All of a sudden I feel somebodies hand on my shoulder which made me jerk. I turn around in a split of a second. I sigh in relief when I see it's my uncle.

"Calm down it's just me." He smiles.
"Thank God."

"Let's go. We're gonna be late." He grabs my upper arm and pulls lightly to make me move.
"Okay, okay." I hurry up.

We enter the building and go straight to the elevator and Tom presses the button 3.
When the elevator door opens showing that we are on the 3rd floor we go to the what seems to me as a reception table. I finally spot the smiling woman behind the table. She's about thirty something, with reddish brown hair, black and white glasses, with a tad more black make up than you would expect from a 'normal' secretary and she had tattoos on her arm.I liked her already. I don't know was it because of the fact that she breaks stereotypes or because she had a huge smile that seemed like it doesn't leave her face.

"Hi Norah." I heard my uncle greet the woman.
"Hi Tom." She says lifting her head from the papers. "And this must be the notorious Lana."
She gave me a warm smile.
"Yes, yes it is." My uncle said proudly.
"I'm so glad to finally meet you! Your uncle has told me so much about you." She sounded really sincere. She came to us and hugged me tight. I smiled.

"It's really nice to met you too." I said. And I really meant it.
She looked at my uncle. "Tom, the guys are in the conference room waiting for you."
"Thanks Norah. Come on Lansie we have a meeting." He gave me an encouraging smile.

Tom led me to the conference room.I felt really nervous. I didn't even know what band are we meeting or what is the meeting about.
Tom opened the door.

"Hi guys." I heard a lot of British-accent voices say hi to Tom.
I slowly enter the room.
"Guys, this is Lana. Lana these are the-" I cut him off in the middle of the sentence as I realize who 'the guys' are.
"Bring Me The Horizon!?" I said, not believing my eyes.

One of my all time favorite bands is actually right in front of me. I feel like I'm going to have one of those stupid and horribly annoying fan girl moments.

"So you know who they are?" Tom says that more as a statement then a question.
"Yes!" I reply quickly.
"Okay so we don't need to waste time for introductions?" Tom smiles. "As I was starting to say, this is my niece Lana. She is staying with me this summer." Tom points at me.

They all said hi to me and my uncle pointed me to the chair. I sat down.

"So, guys. We are just here to pick the cover for the new album." Tom pulls out a few pictures from his briefcase and gives them to Lee.
"Those are the pictures from The shoot. It's on you to decide which one do you want." Tom says to them.

"I don't now. They all seem good." Oliver says in his Sheffield accent. "What do yeh think Lana?"
"Me?" I ask confused. He passes the photos to me.
All of them are good. But one really sticks out.
"I like this one the most." I put it on the table.
"So I guess 'at's our cover." Oliver says.

Lalalalal I chose the new BMTH cover!! I slapped myself mentally. Stop it! Your acting like a freaking groupie!

"Then that settles it. We have a cover to There is a hell, believe me I've seen it. There is a heaven, let's keep it a secret. " Tom claps his hands. "Guys, tell me, how is the tour going?"
"Absolutely fucking amazing!" Jona says. "One of the best ones so far."
"Glad to hear that. How many shows do you have?"
"Just one, right 'ere in Vegas. It's tomorrow night at The Joint." Jona replies.
"We 'ave extra tickets if yeh two want to come." Matt jumps in.
"We would love that." I reply happily.

"Well, we need to go. We 'ave a press conference in half an hour. See yeh Tom. It was nice to meet yeh Lana. I hope to see yeh two tomorrow." Matt says.
All seven of us get up. The guys hug me and we all say goodbye's to each other.

I was bursting with excitement. We left the room and went back to the reception table where Norah was.

"Here you are. Tom, our office from UK called but I said you are on a meeting and that you will call them when your done. They said you should call them as soon as possible."
"Then I better do so. Wait for me here Lansie."
"Okay."

I look around. The place was really nicely decorated. I heard the elevator door open. I looked at the girl that was coming out. She was really pretty. She looked my age with black, long hair, a little wavy by the edges, thick black eyeliner around her eyes.She was wearing gray skinnies, Avenged Sevenfold tee, and converse purse and sneakers. She had a big smile and it kinda reminded me on Norah.

"Hi Jade." Norah said to the girl, obviously. "Lana, this is Jade. Jade, this is Lana." She introduced us.
"Hiiiii Lana." She hugged me. "It's so nice to meet you." She gave me a warm smile.
"It's nice too meet you too." I smiled back.
"Jade is my daughter. From what I've heard of you, and I have heard a lot, you two are a lot alike by your personalities. But I never thought you are so alike by your looks." She shook her head in disbelief.
Jade and I giggled. We really do look alike.

Tom came back. "Hi everyone. I see Lana and Jade met." He smiled.
"Lana I have bad news." A smile from my face disappeared. "I can't go to BMTH concert tomorrow. I have a very important meeting. I'm sorry."
"No, it's okay." Honestly I was sad. It was my only opportunity to see them live.

"Wait." An idea pops in my head. "Jade..Do you listen to Bring Me?"
"Yea, why?" I smile.
"You want to go with me?"
"Seriously?" She asks with wide eyes and I nod. "I'd love to!" She pulls me into a bear hug and I just laugh

Day later, hours before the concert


Me and Jade were chilling on my bed listening to music. It turned out that we really are so much alike as Tom and Norah said. We listen to the same music, wear the same type of clothes, like the same stuff, the same type of guys, well pretty much everything.

"Hey Lana did you decide what are you gonna wear?"
"No. You?"
"No."
"Blah. My clothes suck ass." I sigh.
"Mine do too. Shopping?"
"Hell yeah!" I yell in excitement. Finally! Since I came to Vegas I wanted to impoverish the stores.

After 4 hours of 'shopping till we drop', we dropped.
It felt so good to sit down. We had a great time. I found my new best store: Hot topic. When I saw it I realized two things: 1. Croatia has to catch up with the world. 2. There IS a heaven on Earth.

When we got ready it was about a hour before the concert. We wanted to get there a bit early so we went right away. The Joint was already packed.

About an hour later the band started playing, the opening song was one of my favorites, The Sadness Never Ends. The show lasted 2 hours. The crowd was wild, doing pits and jumping up and down all the time. I was having a great time.

When the show finished Jade and I went to the backstage. We chilled with the guys for an hour or so. When we realized it was 2 am we hurried home. Jade was sleeping over so we both went to my place. or should I say, my uncle's place. I was surprised he wasn't waiting for us.

We couldn't sleep. We just kept on talking about the show and the guys. I was really happy. I moved to Vegas, found a potential best friend, see one of my favorite bands live and got to talk to them. Is it me or is my life actually getting better? Well it was about fucking time!
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit
Car
Lana's Room
Jade's Outfit
The Joint
Lana's Outfit for the concert.
Jade's outfit for the concert

Yes, yes I know it is boring, full of spelling and grammar mistakes and it's been a week or so since I updated-but, yes there's a but, the next chapter is gonna be awesome, I promise. ♥