‹ Prequel: Moonvine
Status: Updates will start agian! Soon.

The Place Where I was Free.

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Day 14

The mall was packed. I wasn't really surprised, malls this big usually were. People bumped into me and I stumbled back. My balance has been off from the lack of food. So ever little bump sent my stumbling into another person.

Closing my eyes for a moment I remembered the last time I was at a mall. It was about a week after Abe took me. He said he'd take me shopping and he did. Bugging me about what size clothes I swore then being a gentlemen at the right times. I wish I could say I fell in love with the gentleman in him but I fell in love with the vampire he was just as much. I could almost feel his warm hand steadying me when I stumbled after someone bumped into me.

Opening my eyes I blinked quickly not letting the salty water in them build up.

This was a horrible idea to come here.

“Lynn you ready you to shop?”

Taking a deep I turned back to Dane.“Till we drop?” I muttered slowly a small smile appeared on my lips. Even though my heart felt like it was freezing.

We wondered into Hot Topic. I've never been in the store before and it was interesting. To say the least I liked it. Hell, I'd like any store here. It's been so long since I've been around so many people! It was exciting, at first.

“What do you think?” I asked holding up a shirt.

Dane nodded in approval. I bought it. That's really how the night went. Grabbing things. Almost anything and everything. If Iberian gave me this money then I was going to use it. Blow it would be more like it. Although even though I bought so much stuff that Dane had to help me carry it, it still didn't put a dent on the cash wad.

That infuriated me. It was making me crazy! I wanted it gone. I wanted this money that Iberian handed over with “so much generosity” gone and never back.

“Lynn, please can we get something to eat? Its been three hours and your bags are heavy!” Dane whined dragging is feet behind me.

Turning I looked at him. He had a good eleven bags of mine he was carrying plus his own. For being my slave for three hours I think he did deserved a break. Besides I'm hungry anyway.

“Sure. Lets go eat.” I said already turned and heading to the food court.

“Hey, wait up!”

Pizza seemed like the safest thing to eat at the mall. I nibbled at mine while Dane inhaled his.

“You don't eat to much do you?” Dane asked gulping down his drink.

“I eat enough.” I muttered taking a bigger bite of pizza to prove that I did eat. The pizza had no taste but it felt rough and slimy in my mouth.

He was right though. I didn't eat that much. Not since I moved here anyway. I've lost most of my appetite lately. My weight seemed to melt off of me. It was sickening.

“You know you should eat more. Your starting to look like a skeleton.” he didn't mean anything by it, I knew that. But still it didn't stop me from lashing out at him.

“I don't see how its your problem?” I snapped standing up and pushing my pizza at him.

“I'm just watching out for you. It's what friends do.” he said trying to stay calm.

“I have plenty of friends back home!” I snapped then felt myself simmer down a bit.

“Back home in Vegas? I'm sure you'll stay in touch.” he said each words dripping with sarcasm.

I started to tear up. Why did he have to be right and no even know it?

“Fuck you.” I turned quickly stalking off.

“Hey Lynn! Wait I-I'm sorry I didn't mean it!” he yelled standing up.

Yes he meant it. You don't say things you don't mean. Especially like that.

Resisting the urge to turn around to yell that my name wasn't “Lynn” but really Rowlyn. I kept walking. The name Lynn started to get under my skin. It just isn't my name! I want to be called Rowlyn. Rowlyn's my name! Mine.

Making a quick dissension I pushed open a side door going outside of the mall. It was a long hall way leading to the parking lot. No one was in there. I stumbled full of anger my surroundings blurring together.

But mostly I was sad. I missed my family. All of them, the vampires and my parents, friends, my old boyfriend. Brian. I've forgotten about Brian. How he looks or what he did to make me love him.

My vision blurred and the tears were starting to spill over. I heard the door open from the end of the hallway. It was probably Dane making sure I'm not loosing it. Which actually I am. I've lost it a long time ago!

“Dane just go back to the food court I'll be right there in a sec.” I called without turning around.

I listened for the door to open in close again. It didn't.

“Dane just give me a minuet and I'll be in.” I snapped turning around to see what he was doing.

Spinning around I jumped gasping. “O, I'm so sorry. I-I thought you were my-” I paused. “friend?” it came out more like a question then a statement.

Was Dane my friend? I don't even know.

The man that stood far off in front of me didn't move. He was tall man. I couldn't see much. The shadow he was standing in covered his features. He had blond hair. It
shone almost a silvery color. A feeling I've grown acquainted to started to rise from the pit of my stomach. Something about this man was off. This whole empty hallway and the two of us alone, it seemed wrong. I started to walk backwards a couple of steps.

“I'm sorry if I bothered you sir but I really should be going.” the words felt rushed and jumbled.

I really needed to get away from here.

“What's the rush sunshine? We haven't even had any fun yet.”

That voice. The slow not rushed voice. The words clearly pronounced and put together carefully and beautifully. He stepped out of the shadows standing in front of my in a second. His hair was blond almost white. His eyes bright green and skin tanned. He was my age maybe a year older. Vampire's were always young, no older then twenty five.

This can not be happening! The second vampire I've seen today. Things started to crash down around me and I felt like I could pass out and just let him have his way with me. If it was killing me or keeping me as his little human toy. None of it seemed to matter anymore.

He laughed and slowly circling around me. My heart started to beat faster. I need to get out here! But do I really? This vampire, he's bad. But despite my fear I couldn't move. Did I want to get away from him?

“By the look on your face I'm guessing you know that I'm a vampire.” his words were laid back.

“How do you know that I know?” I asked calming down a bit.

I know vampires. It's best if I just stay calm and not panic.

He grabbed a piece of my hair from behind me and wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me back into his chest. My heart skipped a beat.

He groaned. “You smell so good.” he breathed in my scent.

I held my head high making my hands stop shaking.

“I asked you a question. It'd rude to ignore someone.” I snapped pushing away from him.

He allowed me to take a couple of steps away. I was different I realized then. I'm almost my old self around vampires. My old confident self that felt invincible. I felt like I could take on this vampire. I stood a little straighter.

In a flash he was in front of me smiling. “Abraham has vampires looking for a human. Long black hair and green eyes that shine bright almost like a cats.” He paused thinking for a moment. “Rowlyn I believe is her name.”

My heart stopped. I stopped breathing, moving, thinking. The vampire in front of me stood patiently waiting for me to calm down.

“A-a-” I couldn't say his name and tears ran down my face.

“Yes Abraham.” with quick strides he stood in front of me resting his hands on my shoulders. “Abraham is looking for you.”

“But Iberian?” I stuttered.

His green eyes stared at me hard. “Abraham is hesitant to trust” he paused smiling a little. “-well anyone. Especially Iberian. But she has just about convinced him that your dead! I will personality escort you to Abraham and you can tell him everything.”

It was to good to be true. He's lying! Why would he act like he was going to kill me and then offer me the one thing I've wanted most?

“Why are you doing this?”

“I owe Abraham. He saved my life once, actually you were there. He saved all our lives when we escaped the lab your father worked in.”

I stared at him.

He took a step to me resting one hand on my shoulder. “We must hurry, the others will be here shortly.”

“Others?”

“Yes, Iberian has vampires watching you day and night. She probably has sent vampires to kill both you and me as we speak.” he said grabbing my arm escorting my to the end of the hall.

“Where will we go?” I asked dazed. Was this really happening?

“The address Gabriel gave you. That's his home, he's left it to you and that's where were meeting the the others.” he said rushed.

“Did Gabe know that this would happen?” I asked stopping before we walked out of the door.

“Rowlyn please we must hurry.” he begged.

“Did Gabe know?” I asked again.

“Yes, Gabe knew something like this would happen.”

Gabriel is helping even though he's dead. My heart warmed. Even on his deathbed he was watching out for me. Closing my eyes I let a tear slide down my cheek and smiled. Soon, hopefully I'll see Abe.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk Rowlyn.” a voice said from the end of the hall.

Me and my new vampire friend turned to see who said that. He was shorter then most vampires. Light brown hair and dark brown eyes. The boy couldn't be more then fifteen.

“Iberian gave my strict orders to kill you if you try to escape.” the boy said smiling at me. “And if I heard right your trying to escape.”

I stumbled in till my back hit the wall. The young boy smiled evilly at me squatting a bit as if he was getting ready to pounce. I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to jump at me.

“You'll be touching her.” my vampire friend said taking a step in front of me.

The boy laughed bending over holding his stomach. His laughs sent chills up my spine. I stood rigid ready to run at any moment.

“You think you can take me?” the boy shook his head. “Baxter I'll spare your life if you leave now.” the boy stood up his smile gone in a intent.

“You'll spare my life?” Baxter said smiling. “And what will Iberian do?”

The boys smile dropped.

“How bout you leave and I'll spare your life.”

“This is your last chance.” the boy said standing up strait all joking gone. His brown eyes were cold.

“I gave you my answer, boy.” Baxter talked like he was older then the boy that stood in front of us. Baxter was no more a year or so older then the boy. “You haven't even hit a hundred years yet so don't you dare threaten my when I'm past four hundred years old.” Baxter snapped.

The boy glared. “Iberian picks the best and I am the best at killing.” in a flash the boy was in my face reaching for my throat.

Just when his nail grazed it Baxter yanked him away. Yelping I held my hand to my bleeding throat. I squatted down leaning against the wall trying to stop the bleeding. It stung but I would live. My eyes searched for the blurred silhouettes that threw punches and kicks.

Baxter and the boy fought for what seemed like hours but was really only minutes. The boy kept lunging and grabbing for me but every time he would get close Baxter would throw him like he weighed only a couple of pounds into the wall. My head started to hurt trying to fallow what was going on. They were moving to fast for me to see anything.

Surprisingly I was calm. Extremely calm. I stood back pressed against the wall waiting for it to be over. The quicker it was the quicker I could be on my way to Abe. Yes, that was the odd feeling in the pit of my stomach. Excitement.

“LYNN!” a voice yelled at the end of the hall.

It took a moment to remember that I was “Lynn”. Looking up I saw Dade, Dane, and Emery. Emery met my eyes for a moment before disappearing and then reappearing in front of me. I blinked for a moment. I've forgotten how fast vampires can move. What else have I forgotten?

“Rowlyn are you okay?” Emery asked grabbing my face and making me look at him.

“You know my name?” I stuttered.

“Yes I do but Dade and Dane do not.” Emery let go of me. “News has gotten around about you and I'm Baxter's friend.”

“Emery grab Rowlyn!” Baxter's voice broke through to us.

But it was a little to late for even a vampire to respond.

The boy already had a hold of my shirt and was picking me up. I clawed at his hands making them bleed but they heeled quickly. I screamed but it cut off when I slammed into the wall and fell to the ground in a heap.

I was faintly aware of the screams of the boy and the yells of everyone else. “tie him up-who are you?-Baxter-Rowlyn-who's Rowlyn”. It went on and on. Opening my eyes I was still in a heap on the flood but I heard footsteps walking my way.

“Lynn are you okay?” Dade asked and started to help me u

“Get away.” I muttered pushing against his arm weakly.

He got up and stood a little way off. Slowly and ever so painfully I got up onto all fours and stayed there. My head was down and I could feel my cut on my neck sting along with some sort of injury on my arm. My head felt heavy and throbbed. Another concussion? How many concussions have I had now?

“Lynn?” Dade asked again. “I know your scared and probably shocked finding out that vampires are real. But Lynn I promise everything will be fine.”

“I told you her names Rowlyn.” Baxter muttered while leaning against the wall.

“Who fuck are you anyway?” snapped Dade. It was the fist time I've heard him mad. “Your a vampire. I should kill you now!”

You dumb ass, you can't kill a vampire so suddenly. I thought.

“A vampire, just like your friend Emery.” I peaked up in time to see Dade glare at Emery who stood a little far off from everyone. Emery's eyes met mine and he smiled softly. “Although I must say me and Emery have been friends much, much longer.” Baxter chuckled taking a few steps closer to me.

He stood protectively above me.

Am I in shock? I should be and if I was it wasn't because a vampire just tired to kill me. I was in shock because Abe hasn't given up on me just yet. There's vampires that are going to take me to him. To my-to my love.

“Rowlyn we need to be going before more vampires come.” Baxter said softly to me bending down resting a hand on my shoulder.

I winced a little and he took his hand away muttering a quick sorry.

“Who's Rowlyn?” Dade asked taking a step forward.

Dade looked at me then at Baxter. His eyes glared at Baxter.

“I already told you.” Baxter said in a tight tone. I could tell he was angry.

You know what. Why can't I get away from vampires? Anywhere I go one finds me or I'll find one.

A chocking sound rose up into my throat. Great. I'm going to start crying. Realizing when the tears didn't come out that I was actually laughing. I've forgotten what it was like to laugh so hard that you had to clutch your stomach.

Emery, Dade, and Dane stood watching me like I was crazy as I laid clutching my stomach smearing blood on the white floor laughing. Baxter looking at my smugly showing a hint of amusement. I think me and Baxter are going to be great friends.

“I know you find this situation amusing, sunshine. But we do need to be going now.” Baxter said helping me up.

Before I started to limp my way out of the mall I turned smiling at Dade and Dane. I held out my hand to them and they hesitantly shook it.

“Hello, my names Rowlyn, not Lynn. Sometimes I go by Rowe for short.” I shrugged feeling high in the sky.

It was all from shock of what was going on. I'd be falling back down to Earth quite soon.

“I've been-in a way-kidnapped. I have vampires trying to kill me and then vampires trying to protect me, I guess.” I leaned closer to them smiling. “I think you befriended the wrong person my dear.” I laughed turning away allowing Baxter and Emery to wrap their arms around my waste and help me walk out of the mall and to their car.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY! I know its been forever and like I said, SORRY!

Ever since new years I've been sick and thats been horrible! I went to the hosiptal and to the docter. I'm going again to the docter Monday. And before new years I was just busy with xmas.

I did have this chapter done waaaay before xmas but I knew it wasn't good (i do believe this is going to be that ONE chapter in this story that sucks) and even after i finallaly edited it it still wasn't good by a long shot.

But I hope you enjoyed!=)