If You've Got the Nerve

"Heart, Anima!"

All the noise outside of the patched fabric seemed to be put on mute.

“Ahh, a Heart. You lot have never been specific. You’d exceed in any house, wouldn’t you? But…you yourself have an air of mischief about you. Reminds me of your sister. Though, I can see you don’t like the boundaries set by houses like she did...Yes, difficult…”

I bit my lip and screwed my eyes shut. Just pick. Please, just pick.

“Don’t rush me, girl. Alright then, how’s about GRYFFINDOR!”

I relaxed as the hat was tugged off of my head. I stood up and made my way towards the Gryffindor table where most of the noise was radiating from.

A few people clapped me on the shoulder with a grin. I recognized a few faces from tea on Sunday morning and holiday parties that my parents often arranged. Though I had a feeling that this lot would give me a friendly greeting even when they didn't recognize me.

One freshly memorized face patted my shoulder as I walked by. His freckled features stretched in a bright grin, his voice just as smooth as it had been on the train, and my face burned just as bright as his hair.

“Great going, love.”

I do not own the Harry Potter characters nor anything else that was ever mentioned in J.K. Rowling's novels. They are her own brilliant pieces of art. I also do not own the picture depicted above as part of the layout.