Status: I realize that I haven't updated this in, like, a year. I'm going to try as hard as I can to re-write some things and get some new chapters out!

Love That Never Dies

The Only Exception

Startled, I shot out of bed as the dream felt like it was smothering me. A light sweat covered my forehead and back, so I went to the bathroom to calm down. Looking in the mirror my face and hair was a disheveled mess. "Get a grip Emily. The dreams were in the past. Char-Matt, Matt is here now. Nothing is going to happen," I tried convincing myself. Turning out the bathroom light I traveled back to my room. Looking out my window I saw the outside light of the pool house on. Someone was taking a late night swim. Grinning, I ran to my dresser pulling out a swimsuit and put it on.

Walking out to the pool, all I saw was tattooed arm stoking the water as they did laps. With a smile I sat on the edge of the pool, my feet hanging down in the water. After a few minutes the person stopped doing laps. Running a hand along his face and hair, I noticed it was Matt. He noticed me there too and a dimpled smile appeared on his face.

"How long have you been sitting there?" he asked coming closer. "Not long. What are you doing out here?" I questioned. He shrugged, "Had one of those dreams again, you?" "Same," I stated simply.

"I can tell," he said coming up beside me, propping his elbows on the edge, "You're hair is a mess!" I tried to fix it the best I could, but it didn't work out too well. With a smile I slid off the edge and went under the water. Coming back up for air I slicked my hair back. "Better?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "No. I liked it messy."

He swam over to me with a sly grin, "Here, let me fix it." With that he ran his hands into my hair making it messy again. "Matt!" I squealed pushing his hands out of my hair. "Ugh! How dare you push me away!" he said offended. "Awh, I'm sorry-- not really." He did that shocked face again and then dunked me.

He freaking dunked me!

I came back up coughing on the water that burned in my nose and throat. "That was mean!" I sputtered and crossed my arms like a six year old. Matt just got in front of me putting his face at my level. Grinning on the inside I looked at him then quickly placed my hands on his head, then jumping up to get some leverage, dunked him. I let out a giggle as I heard him blow bubbles under the water. Quickly before he came back up I tried to scurry away. Honestly, that didn't work out too well because seconds later I felt his arms go around my waist and pull me back.

"That was mean," he whispered in my ear, mocking me. I involuntarily shivered, my body's reaction to him being so close. "I-I'm sorry," I muttered turning to face him. His eyes bore into mine and it felt as if I was trapped in his gaze and couldn't break away. This was it I thought, Matt was going to kiss me and nothing was going to interrupt us.

He ran his hand along my cheek and brought his face closer to mine. His warm breath hit my face and I felt his lips graze the corner of my mouth, lightly kissing it, then did the same on the other side. Pulling away he looked at me right in the eyes but then looked away and dropped his hand as well. From under the water I grabbed his hand and brought it back up to my face. His hazel orbs met mine again and I smiled before leaning into him. Now usually I was never the one to just kiss a guy, but Matt was an exception. He would probably be the only exception. I put all I had into that kiss and Matt could tell. I dropped my hand from his and ran it up his neck, latching my fingers into his hair. Pulling him closer, he then grabbed my thighs and picked me up.

Never before has anyone kissed me like that. It was powerful, passionate and full of adoration. Breaking away from each other we had smiles on our faces. There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I never before felt.

I liked it, a lot.

"We should probably get inside, you're shivering," Matt told me bringing me close. I simply nodded as he carried me towards the pool steps and carried me out. He grabbed the towel he had on the chair and lay it across me. "I can walk you know," I said with an amused look on my face. Returning me a dimpled grin he said, "Not a chance."

As quietly as he could he shut the door behind him. We both shivered as the cool air hit our wet bodies and Matt hurriedly walked down the hall to the last door on the left. Finally he set me down feet first on the floor before walking over to shut the door. "I can get you a shirt of mine so you aren't freezing your ass off," he said with a chuckle.

"You don't have to," I replied using the towel to dry my body off. Before I knew it, he threw a shirt in my face and started laughing at my reaction. Faking a glare in his direction, I slipped the shirt over my head. It ended about mid-thigh and Metallica was written across the front.

"I could get used to seeing that," Matt whispered as he got close to me. Wrapping my arms around his neck I said, "Oh yeah?" He pulled me closer before saying, "Yeah," and then kissed my lips gently. I melted into him as the kissing grew more fierce. We made our way to the bed. He lay me down on the bed, his one arm under me and his other resting on my bare thigh. He ran his hand up under my shirt, his hands traveling up my sides.

"Mhm, Mattie," I said pulling away, gently tugging on his lip with my teeth. "Not yet, we should stop."

"Okay," he breathed out with a pout. Taking his hand out from under my shirt he reached behind him and started to pull the blankets down. I lifted and maneuvered my body so that I was comfortably under the blanket. I positioned myself so that my back was facing Matt and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close against his chest.

Gently he kissed my neck and then my head. "Get some rest baby," he said before resting his head on mine. A smile formed on my face as I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep.

For the first time in a long time, there was no nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, just wow.
It has been way too long it's not even funny.
Sorry that this is a little short, but I just wanted to get something out there for you guys to read!
Now that the holidays are over and everything, I am hoping that the writing can flow out easily.
:))
So, just let me know what you like, dislike, etc.
Comments and Subscribe!
<33