Dead Loving the Living

Chapter 12: Pond of Beauty

I stirred but couldn't seem to open my eyes. I tried t move my hand but I couldn't. I saw Mike looking down at me. Then I looked around and realized something. Was I dreaming? Or was I dead? Then my eyes opened and I was back in my body.

"Whoa. What was that?" I said hazily.

"Well.. I don't know. I saw you one minute and then you were here another minute. Really spooky. Something I have never seen before. Maybe you should get some air." he said and helped me up.

"I want to explore the pond now." I said and then waltzed down the stairs, tripped, then gracefully fell the last two steps. Like I said. Gracefully. I got up quickly unharmed and I heard a snort of laughter.

I ran out the door trying to beat Mike but he was already in front of me. Darn it.

"Beat you. Ha ha." he said. I forgot... he can read my mind...

"Yup. I can." he said.

"Earlier. You said I can see you... What did you mean?" he asked me.

"I can see all of you. Your hair, your body, your sparkling eyes... not just an outline like usual... Your whole body in clear view." I said in response and he looked thoughtful. "I think I can see you know because you touched the locket and then I wore it." I said and then he frowned.

"But I've touched it before." he said. Then it clicked.

"I bet while you weren't dead. I bet you did when you were alive. And it also helped that you touched it then automatically put it around my neck. See. It helps." I said taking his ghost of a hand and touching the necklace. Then I could see him even more clearly. If thats even possible for I can see every feature anyways.

I gasped. I had been walking and we were at a pond. A beautiful pond. Lilacs, roses, daffodils and all sorts of flowers were blooming if it was even possible.

"It is possible when you have a ghost taking care of the garden." he said.

"You?" I asked breathless.

"No no. My friend." he said.

"Who?"