Dead Loving the Living

chapter 13: A new Friend

"Klack, James Klack." I heard a voice say behind me and I whirled around and gasped. Another ghost.

"Nice to meet you." I heard him say as my mind processed what I was seeing.

"Nice... Nice to meet you too. How.. How did you die?" I blurted and then automatically covered my mouth. Brilliant question Emily!

I heard a chuckle from Mike at my comment in my head and watched James' mouth curve into a smile.

"Glad you asked. Was wondering if you would be clever enough to ask before you actually saw my rotting body..." he trailed off and I laughed. His smile grew wider and I smiled after composing myself.

"Go on and explain." I said smiling.

"well I was walking to Mike's house to have dinner with him when I heard shots. One missed me so I ran. I ran to the pond. You see me and Mike were the only ones who knew about it and he said I could take care of it. So of course I ran to it... I got to the pond and slowed thinking I was safe. Wrong answer. The next thing I knew I was laying down next to my body. Not in my body." he finished and bowed slightly.

"Wow. So who killed you guys? I mean... who would want to kill you?" I asked.

"Mike..." James said looking at Mike waiting for him to answer. I slowly turned around to see Mike's face in thoughtful mode. I took two steps.

"Mike?" he snapped out of it and saw my curious face then sighed.

"Well... My great grandfather married a gypsy. She cheated on him with another gypsy and he caught her one day. That door you saw earlier... well... he had locked her up in there. She died vowing that she would return to haunt my family and kill them. Well... after killing the rest of my family.. she grew restless... now whoever lives in the house shall die... Thats why my Grandfather made that necklace. He fell in love with a ghost. She touched it and swore whoever wore it would be safe from any evil. So the door disappeared and we were safe... Till I wrapped the necklace up.. not believing in the curse put upon my family. Then we all died. For I couldn't rescue them... cause I couldn't rescue myself. It is really all my fault... " Mike finished but James added something to Mike's confession and story.

"There is one of his family members that escaped. She disappeared. She has never been heard of again. Or seen for that matter."

"Who? Maybe I could help in finding her." I said.

"My sister Katie. I never got to say goodbye to anyone. I was the last to die. I heard everybody's cry... but I couldn't seem to get out of that secret room. I was stuck. I was tortured. But Katie's body was never found. Kinda how mine and James' bodies were never found. But we looked everywhere. No Katie, no body." he said and I could hear him trying to stop himself from crying.

"I'll help find her. If you want me to." I said.

"Would you?" he asked.

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK next chapter is about her finding Katie.