Dead Loving the Living

Chapter 7: Dead body and the new secret room

I crawled back into bed. This was wrong. I had just seen something... and I didn't know how to take it. I had just fallen onto the floor with much difficulty for all those feelings glided into me like they were my own. Like my grandmother had just passed away and I had found out. Like I had found out without saying goodbye.

I took off my necklace I realized I had put on. Well it really wasn't my necklace. It was someone else's but I found it in the closet and put it on. Maybe it was Mike's. Maybe it was supposed to be given to someone he loved. Maybe I am not meant to have it.

I put the necklace onto my side table and fell into a deep sleep which involved the memory of my grandmother dying right next to me in her sleep. And I didn't even get to say goodbye. For she was whisked away to the hospital. And I was whisked home. Never to see her again. I went to her funeral... but I knew it wasn't my grandmother that I remembered. No it wasn't. Then I heard whimpering and whipped around.

I found Mike in a corner crying.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"I feel your pain as my own." he says and then he disappears.

I shot up in bed in the dark panting deeply.

Why was I feeling this? What was going on? Mike wasn't even real. A figment of my imagination. But was that vision real? Or part of my dream? I groped for the lamp light and turned it on. I picked the necklace up. My spine shivered and I dropped it. The necklace felt like it was breathing. It could've been for all I knew about my mind at the moment.

I picked it back up. I put it on quickly and grabbed my robe. I went to the window and opened the heavy curtains. The sun shined into my eyes and I blinked then squinted getting accustomed to the brightness.

"Now its time to open that room and see this body in the light." I said aloud and went to the flower that opened the room. I pressed it and the secret door opened. There was light flooding into the room from the window opposite me. I walked in slowly.

***
Mikes p.o.v.
***

I watched her shoot up in bed, feel the necklace, drop it, pick it back up and put it on. I watched her walk to the window and open the heavy curtains I loved cause of privacy. I watched her linger by the window with a gleam in her eyes. And then I heard those words that chilled me to the bone.

"Now its time to open that room and see this body in the light."

I panicked and wished I hadn't died. But I couldn't do anything about it now. She was going to find me... but why am I so against it? Her finding me?

The answer popped into my head.

I want her to think of me as just a dream.

***
Emily's p.o.v.
***

I looked around and then my eyes connected with the dead body. I hesitated. But my body had a mind of its own nd against my will dragged me across the room and lowered closer to the body. I looked and at first thought he looked familiar. I rolled him over to see his face and gasped.

It was Mike.

I thought he was only a dream. But I was mistaken. A dream has turned into nightmare. But I heard him. I didn't see him but I heard him. Why can I hear him?

"Because of that necklace. I held it right before I died. I put it down in my closet and then walked in here and my mistake was to leave the door open. Someone came in and shot me. 8 years ago it happened and I am still here. Still looking like I am 18/ But my friend Josh who had tried to run to get the police had been shot by our pond. He has been growing older. I am here for a reason. But I do not know what. Since I can communicate with you I was wondering if you could help me..." I heard the same whisper. I stopped and stood up.

"Mike?"

"Yes. Please help me." the voice said desperately.

"I will try my best."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK I know that the last chapter title said dead body and secret room but I lied. This one is where she actually comes to terms about the necklace. And she realizes Mike wasn't a dream... but a real person who is dead.

As you can see and read. Duh on my part! Laugh. Out. Loud.

PLEASE COMMENT~!!!