Dead Loving the Living

Chapter 9: Dinner conversation

***
Mike's p.o.v.
***

The sound of clinking forks and knifes echoed the room. Silence surrounded everyone in the room.

I could hear her voice inside her head screaming at herself to make a noise. I knew she couldn't stand the silence. But this time I couldn't make a noise either. Then suddenly I heard one thought loud and clear.

OK Mike. Make a noise. Please... anything... or tell me what to say!!

One command and instantly I knew I shouldn't, couldn't... but I would do it. Just for her.

"Say how lovely the dinner is." I whispered. I hadn't gotten to the part where I could speak above a whisper.

She shivered and another thought crossed her mind.

You can read minds huh? Well read this... I love how your voice sounds.

I shivered this time.

"Of course I can. Now say it before we start a conversation on our own!" I whispered so she could hear me.

"This dinner is yummy mom. Thanks for making it!" I heard her say and I smiled to myself.

I can feel that smile mister now wipe it off your face!! This isn't funny and the only reason I am eating this is because I am starved. I was so fascinated by you and your needs that I forgot to fulfill my own! she snapped.

Oh dear. I was making her mad. And I just sounded like my mother. But then I saw the smile forming on her sweet face. Those beautiful, full luscious lips. Those beautiful sparkling pod blue eyes and those freckles perfectly aligned on her face.

I shook my head. Her smile grew.

Could she read my thoughts?

Why are you shaking your head mike? I heard her thought. So maybe she's pretending she can't hear me... or my thinking... or maybe she is truly asking... Her smile was replaced with growing curiosity. I looked towards her parents and noticed that they weren't paying any attention to her.

Then her mother looked up.

"Darling, are you feeling OK? Cause if you aren't we can wait a week or two for you to feel better before we start your schooling..." her mother said and I nearly fell out of my position. I was floating of coarse but crossed legged and I almost lost my gravitational momentum. Hey! It took work to float like this from time to time.

"That sounds like a great idea." both her and her father said.

"May I be excused?" she asked.

They only nodded looking back down at their plates and she pushed back her chair and walked right up to her room. I of course beat her and waited for her to walk in. She never did.
♠ ♠ ♠
another chapter up!! maybe more tonight if I have time. I have to go update all my other current stories!!

Comments are adored!! Thanks!!!