‹ Prequel: Bedtime
Status: .

Awake

Out.

I hurry over to Asher and wrap my arms around him, he grips my waist, sobbing into my coat.

"Well my children, what do we have here?"

Mrs. Cherri's figure stands in the doorway.

"You!"
The boy in my arms jumps up, knocking me over.
"You killed her you psycho bitch!"
He jabs a accusing finger at her, face red with anger.

"Now now Asher, we're being naughty aren't we? go to your room and do your studies"
She folds her arms across her chest like a mother reprimanding a small child.
I see her peek at the mattress out of the corner of her eyes, a sick, little smile appears on her lips.
I latch onto Asher's arm, hiding.

"No! I'm getting out of here with Farrah before you kill us just like you did Penny!"

She shakes her head
"I'm sorry sweetie, you can't do that"

"The hell I can't!"
He holds me close to him and drags me forward, to the door.

As we pass her, a cold, bony hand clenches around my forearm.
I'm ripped away from Asher.
Fingers grip in my hair tightly, pulling my head back in sharply.
She twists my arm roughly and forces me to my knees.

I cry out in pain.
I'm afraid to struggle for fear she will hurt me further, but I'm also afraid not struggling.

"You know"
Mrs cherri's voice has change, it's a hissed cackle.
"I never liked little girls"

"Let her go you witch!"
Asher growls.

"No, I think I'll just dispose of her, just like your little girlfriend"
She begins to laugh, but it's cut off as we are both thrown to the floor suddenly.
Her grip on me fails and I try to scramble away, but a pang of agony shoots through my side.

Asher jerks me up and starts running, I struggle to keep pace with him.
We reach the staircase and I hear her, a few feet behind us.

We race down the stairs. Each, sharp, quick step sends shocks of pain throughout my left side.
It's not until I taste the salty liquid trickle over my lips, into my mouth, that I know I'm crying.

We hit the landing and take off, even faster down the hallway, towards the exit.

"Stop, my children!"
She cries, her 'mothering' voice back.

"We're not your children!"
I yell, not looking back.

Just 10 more feet....

Asher slams the open the door and I'm temporarily blinded as we run into the bright daylight that bounces off the snow.
I run, still clutching the boy next to me, for a count of 11 heartbeats before my eyes adjust.

Into the woods we race, becoming increasingly slower as we try to make it through the deep drifts.
The fast, crunching, footfall behind us ceases and I dare a peek over my shoulder.

The woman we flee is no where in sight.

"W-Wait"
I huff, stopping.

"What? Farrah we have to g- "She's gone"
I interrupt, leaning forward, one hand on my knee and the other on my side as I try to breathe.

I watch his eyes scan over the scenery.
A million trees and snow in every direction.

"I have a feeling she won't be for long"

Oh Blake, come for me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry!
Big mouse problem in my house. Actually, one just ran across my bedroom floor as I'm writing this. The little freaks are breeding in my walls. I fear they will attack at night when I'm sleeping....

Anyway! Thanks to DaniHollywood, Purplegiraffe99, every road., Meet the Author, rivals are insane, KawaiiCookiiee, The-Joker(of course:] ), BiebersWIfe17, Bubbleloveworld, redda, Aglophilia and HaliMisery:)