‹ Prequel: Bedtime
Status: .

Awake

Back.

"So let me get this straight"
Starts the police that sits across from us, behind his overly cluttered desk.
"This woman, Mrs. Cherri, takes kids and puts them in such a deep depression that they are asleep to the world, then kills anyone who finds out and tries to escape? is that what your trying to tell me?"

I readjust my position in the hardback folding chair and nod.
"Yes sir, that's what we're trying to tell you"

I glance over at Asher who is seated next to me.

"And she murdered this Penny girl?"
I see Asher wince and shift my gaze back officer.

"Yes"

The middle aged man leans back in his chair, letting out a deep breath.
"Well that's a very interesting story, but without hardcore proof that's it is; A story" He says standing up.
"Now I have more pressing cases that need my attention"
He motions to the door, turning us away.

I stand to, cringing in pain and placing a hand on his desk for support.
"Wait, this isn't just a story, we're telling you the truth. Why would we lie about this?"

"Kids these days do crazy things. I think it's best if you ran along now"

*X*

Asher angrily stalks from the building and I limp pathetically behind him.

Blake is leaned up against the limestone structure, smoking silently, when he catches site of us he flicks the cigarette to the side walk, stepping on it.

"How'd it go?"
He asks when we stop in front of him.

"It didn't"
Asher seethes, shoving his hands into the pockets of his coat.
"They told us we were liars and to go away"

Blake looks over to me for confirmation.
I nod sadly.
"Not in those words exactly, but basically they don't believe us, and that's that"

The dark haired man shakes his head and curses under his breath.
"What now?"

"Now, we get proof"
I say, crossing my arms.

"How?"
Blake questions.

I look over at Asher and we share a knowing look.

"We go back"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, you guys deserve something better and longer.
As an answer to a question, Blake is 19.

Thanks to victorian_death16, GetOnYourKneesKid, rivals are insane, kissmyoops, xx.RAWR!.xx, the addiction club., Bubbleloveworld, Yay! It's Alex!, XoNeSeCrEtX, KawaiiCookiiee, Purplegiraffe99, Augustana and sombersleep :)