‹ Prequel: Bedtime
Status: .

Awake

Breakfast.

Looking at the front of the large card in my hand.
I reread what I have read four times over already.

Schedule.
5:00-5:30 AM: Breakfast.
5:35 AM: Class.
12:00 PM: Lunch.
12:30 PM: Personal Time.
1:30 PM: Bathhouse opens.
3:30 PM: Afternoon meeting.
4:00 PM: Library Opens.
5:00-5:30 PM: Dinner.
6:00 PM: Evening Personal Time.
8:30 PM: Bedtime.


I flip it over and read the other side.

Rules.
1: If you arrive more then 5 minutes late for meals, you will get no food.
2: Afternoon personal time will be spent in at your desk doing homework or in your room doing whatever you please.
3: Evening personal time will be spent reading a book from the library in your room, studying or taking up one of the three art projects provided in Class.
4: No running, excessive noise.
5: You may not go outside without consent.


I swallow hard and look at the clock on the wall, something I didn't noticed yesterday in the darkness.

It reads '4:55'.
I look down at my outfit, it consists of a cream dress, navy thigh highs and black flats.

Standing from where I sit on my bed, I take a deep breath, turn out my lamp and start for my door.

As I enter the hallway, I find myself in front of the boy I now know as Asher.
His back is turned to me while he starts for the stairs.

"Asher" I call out in a quietly, hurrying over to him.
I grab his shoulder gently, he turns, surprise flooding his pale green eyes.

"Yes?"
He replies ever so softly, avoiding meeting my gaze.

"I want to thank you for the crackers"
I try my best to smile, but I only manage a weak twitch of my lips.

"Don't mention it, please"
The serious undertone in his voice as he pulls away, creates an emotion close to sadness and rejection in my chest.

The smell of fried eggs fills floats around the downstairs hallway.
My stomach twists and growls impatiently.
When we enter the dining room, I see we are some of the first ones there.

Not knowing what do, I follow behind Asher and the others.

We go into a small room off to the left.
Inside is long counter top covered in plates with food.

Mrs. Cherri leans against a wall, arms crossed.
Her hair is up in a tangled bun, she has flour on her cheek and apron.
She wears a smile of pride, her stare locks with mine and she raises her eyebrows, seemingly amused.
Taking a plate and a fork, I hurry from her sight.

Sitting down next to Asher, I barely chew my food, just swallow it down.

"Eat slowly"
A murmur comes from under someone's breath.
I swallow the bite in my mouth, looking over to Asher.

"Why?"
I question watching him, he takes a piece of small egg and chews slowly.

"You'll be less hungry later on if you eat without hurrying now"
He answers when he's done.
"Besides, you have to wait till 5:30 to leave, you have plenty of time"
His voice grows from mumble to just above a whisper.
I glance down at my plate and decide to take his advice.

I listen to the noise around me.

I hear something odd.
I hear nothing.

No conversion, no laughter, no whispers even.
Just the scraping of forks against plates.

*X*

It is 1:38 and I am following a pack of girls to the 'bathhouse'
Class was very odd indeed, sitting at desks with three walls so no one could see each other.
Lunch was just as quiet and uncomfortable as breakfast.
My personal time was spent doing history homework.

Overall today has been quite boring and peculiar.

I find myself exiting the building out the back and walking across a small ramp to another structure.
This one is much smaller, but is made out of grey stone like the one in front of it.

Upon crossing the threshold I am hit with a burst of hot, damp air and the smell of bleach.

We stand in a straight line in a long hallway.
I let my mind wander as I wait...

"Don't do that, you'll smother" I cheep worriedly, tugging on his shoulder. He chuckles, sending vibrations through his body and mine, we are still connected.

"I wouldn't dare, because that would mean leaving you" He smiles, brushing some wisps of hair out of my eyes. "And if I left the monsters would get you" With that he tickles my sides, making me giggle uncontrollably.

"T-There are no such things as m-monsters silly" I say through my snickering.

"Maybe not the kind that hide under your bed, but there is monsters out there" He states cupping my face "And I'll never let them hurt my baby sister" He kisses my forehead then lays back still hugging me. The corners of my mouth turn up and I close my eyes.


Something tickles across my shoulder blade and spine, bringing me from my memories.
"Excuse me"

I turn to see a short girl standing there.
Her wide, dismal eyes stare up at me.
"It's your turn"

I nod a thank you and move forward through a doorway.
A sigh of forlornness slips out my mouth.

I wish those memories aren't just memories.
I wish they could become true once more.
I wish all I know of monsters is nothing more then a child's bedtime story.

But I am no child and this is no bedtime story.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's long and not really that interesting, but I had to do it to show you what her schedule is like, next chapter will be the second half of the schedule(somewhat), but I promise you, the plot thickens a ton!

Thanks to PhoebenPaige, HealTheWorld, snow482, SmexyPeanutButter, Imagination;, rivals are insane, redda, DaniHollywood, yule_be_merry, Lifetimes., The-Joker, Purplegiraffe99, KobraKid, VengeanceRevSyn6661, Musika;, sarareeder, GetOnYourKneesKid, standing.still., x.Disasterous, princess.hoops23, brave little orphan and XoNeSeCrEtX:)