Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

1.

Molly Weasley looked out the window of her kitchen nervously. It was approaching dinner time and Ginny still hadn't come in from the village with the dinner rolls she had sent her to buy. She was still anxious of letting her thirteen year old daughter wander off on her own. Because of the events that had happened so far in the past three years, she had grown wary of her family's safety.

Fred and George came bounding down the stairs accompanied by Ron. "Mum, when is dinner going to be ready? We're starving." George complained.

Molly waved him away. "Hush up, you. Ginny's supposed to be in by now; it's nearly dark. Then when your father gets home, we can eat."

Fred groaned. "Gin needs to learn how to walk faster. I'm seriously starving here." he said dramatically, passing out on the couch.

Just as he said that, Ginny burst in through the back door carrying a bag of bread. She set it on the counter. "Mum, we have new neighbors." she said excitedly.

Molly nodded absentmindedly, grabbing the bread. "Oh, wonderful dear."

Ginny shook her head. "You don't understand, they're wizards like us!"

Everyone perked up. "What?" Ron asked loudly. "How do you know?"

Ginny smiled eagerly. "He had a ministry of magic stamp on his briefcase and the girl had a Beauxbatons cape on her."

Fred and George smiled at each other. "Excellent."

Arthur Weasley, their father, burst through the door, a pale look on his face. "Molly, did you hear?"

Mrs. Weasley nodded. "Yes, about the new family over the hill?"

"Isn't it wonderful, dad?" Ginny asked gleefully.

He shook his head quickly. "No, no it is not. You know they are here to watch us-and especially Harry. Harry and Hermione are coming soon, aren't they?"

Ron nodded. "Yeah, Hermione's due tomorrow and Harry the day after. Dad, why is it so bad?"

He shook his head. "Dark times are a coming, son. Especially when the French ambassador of the Ministry of Magic leaves his position for one at the British Ministry. It means the ministry is planning something, or they expect something. It's either to deal with what's been going on these past few years, the World Cup, which I doubt, or-" he started, stopping.

"Or what?" Fred asked.

He tensed up. "Nothing...let's eat, children."

Later that night, Fred and George were in their room. From the window, they could see the tidy, two story brick and wood house down the lane. They were both looking at the garden, lit up by the moon. Bushes swayed in the breeze, brushing the wrought iron gates. A pale arm, presumably a woman's arm, pulled blue curtains, shutting away any view of the interior.

"Mum and Dad said we're not supposed to talk to them." George said.

"I think...we ought to listen to them this time, Georgie." Fred said.

George nodded. "Whatever Dad is saying...I think it's best."

And that was the first time the Weasley twins ever followed the rules.

*~*~*~*

Elise Seymour clutched at the scrap of satin that had been her uniform at Beauxbatons. She hadn't let it go since they had left France. She simply couldn't bear to. Her curly light brown hair trailed down her back as she stared at the large cottage with her aquamarine eyes. Her pink lips were pursed together.

"Papa, why are we here again?" she asked.

"Elise, I know you aren't fond of transferring, but this is for the best. The ministry needs me." Anton Seymour said, putting an arm around his daughter. His other arm had his Ministry of Magic briefcase.

"Papa, why couldn't I stay at Beauxbatons?" she pleaded. No way was she leaving her school; it was her sixth year and she'd been a student since she was eight. Starting all over was something she wasn't sure she wanted to do. As much as she hated Beauxbatons, being the new girl sucked.

"Now, now, Elise, you know how uncomfortable I am with you in a different country. Besides, Hogwarts is a lovely school. I attended it when I was young. I'm sure you will meet plenty of nice friends. Besides, Madame Maxine will also be at Hogwarts this year for a special event." he mentioned.

As her father entered the house, Elise turned to see a small red haired girl watching her. She quickly averted her eyes and darted down the road with her bag of bread towards the tall house over the hill.

Elise looked at her room; it was a pale shade of pink. With disgust, she grabbed her wand and changed the colors to gold and blue. There; much better. She sat on the gold satin bedspread and started arranging her things with her wand. She wouldn't get in trouble; her father worked for the ministry. He had such a high position, no one would even bother to care if she performed magic on her own.

After her room was all set up, she summoned her food to fly up to her room. She ate, setting the tray on her desk. It was dark out now and the moon lit up the back garden. She stared at the curiously tall house over the hill. All of the lights were off, except for a top room. She could've sworn she saw two faces. She quickly drew the curtains and went to bed.

Cheers, a new life in England.
♠ ♠ ♠
*edit*
So I basically reworded the chapter because I changed the characterization. I wanted her to be like Kaya Scodelario, but Kaya's look was just....too mature for what I wanted Elise to look like. You know, young, mischevious, sweet. I found the perfect girl to play her, as you see in the layout. Her name is Heloise Guerin, and she's actually French (and adorable-one of my favorite models).
So this is a revamp of my old Forge and Gred story. Basically, the only difference is how Elise looks, that she never knew them as children, and she's more French-y than she was in the other story.
Thanks, HP7 for inspiring me to write this again!