Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

10.

George came down the stairs to see Elise sitting crossed legged on the couch, staring at the fire with her head in her palm. He tapped her shoulder and shoved his hands into his pockets. “Do you think we could talk alone?” he asked quietly.

Elise got up and took his hand. He led her out of the common room. Before the door slammed shut, she turned to see Fred at the top of the stairs, smiling and winking at her.

George led her to an empty classroom. She stood there awkwardly as he sat down on a desk.

“So what did you want to talk about?” she asked.

“I wanted to talk about what happened earlier today.” He said sheepishly.

She crossed her arms. “I’d really like to know, because you never let me answer your question.”

George looked at her. “Okay, I’m jealous, alright? You spend loads of time with Fred, and even though he has a girlfriend, I think he’s taken a fancy to you.”

Elise sighed. “George, you know Fred and I are just friends. Besides, I’m friends with Angelina, I’d never do that to her.”

George brushed a curly tendril out of her face. “I know, I’m a prat.” He sighed.

Elise gave him a look. “You are, you know. I was going to say yes.” She said.

George got closer. “Is there any way you can forgive me for being such an idiot?”

Elise put her arms around his neck. “Hm, I know one way.”

George grinned and pressed his forehead against hers. “And what would that be?”

Elise looked down and chuckled. “Kiss me, George Weasley, and I’ll make you my boyfriend.”

George placed a chaste kiss on her lips. “Does that make me your boyfriend?” he asked.

Elise pulled his hand and they left the classroom. They walked silently through the hallways towards the Great Hall.

“What are you doing?” George asked, confused.

Elise winked at him. “Just you wait. Un moment, monsieur.”

They went into the Great Hall where everyone was eating dinner. She saw the small group of Gryffindor sixth years huddled together. Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and Ron were nearby.
She pulled George to them and cleared her throat. They all turned around.

“Everyone, George is officially my boyfriend.” She said gleefully.

Angelina, Alicia, and Katie squealed, jumping up and hugging Elise. Many people from other houses turned to see the commotion. Lee high fived George and Fred shook his hand. Ron’s jaw was dropped. Hermione smiled and Harry chuckled.

Ginny hugged Elise. “Oh, this will be wonderful now! You can visit over the summer as well!” she said.

Elise kissed the top of Ginny’s red mane. “Now you can be my petite soeur.” She said.

Elise sat down next to George at the table. They ate dinner and went back to the common room with the rest of the sixth years. In a short while, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be coming for the event that would be taking place.

Elise sat by the fire in George’s arms. He twirled a tendril of curls around his finger. Lee and Fred were playing exploding snap while the girls gossiped.

“It doesn’t get any better than this.” George announced.

Elise grinned, her eyes crinkling. “No, it doesn’t.”

*~*~*~*

A week later, a flying blue carriage flew into Hogwarts. Elise recognized it as the carriage that carried the Beauxbatons students anywhere they needed to go. She held her breath as the girls piled out. One by one, they were all in their blue silk uniforms, blue hats, and blue and black high heeled oxfords. Elise chuckled darkly when she saw them shivering; she definitely didn’t miss the uniforms now she was at Hogwarts.

Elise stepped into view when she saw Fleur Delacour and her younger sister, Gabrielle. “Fleur!” she yelled, waving.

Fleur, shivering, turned around. When she saw Elise, she shrieked. “Elise, vat are you doing here?!” she asked.

Elise ran to her, laughing. They hugged. Fleur had been one of the only seventh years at Beauxbatons who was kind to her. “My father made me transfer here.”

Fleur put a cold hand on her cheek. “Ah, look at you, already gaining a British accent! How ‘ave you been?”

“Look here, Elise Seymour, looking drab as ever.” Smirked Veronique Romani, a girl Elise highly disliked. She had long, black hair, pale skin, and green eyes. Wrapped in furs, she walked towards Elise with her arms crossed. “Nice uniform.”

Elise suddenly felt self conscious in her uniform; she forgot she was wearing her black wool skirt, black tights, oxford heels, wool sweater, Gryffindor tie, and robe. Her hair was in its natural curls, which descended past her shoulders.

“Elise looks beautiful in her uniform.” Fleur snarled. “Leave her alone.”

Veronique rolled her eyes and walked back to her friends. Elise kissed both of Fleur’s cheeks. “Thank you for that.” She whispered.

Fleur smiled at her warmly. “What are friends for?”
♠ ♠ ♠
whew.
sorry I haven't updated in a while. School was just a bitch.
but it's vacation now and I'm writing again.
(: