Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

11.

Elise was standing with Fleur when the large woman that was her former headmistress came out. “Ah, Elise, my darling!” Madame Maxime cried. Elise smiled and hugged her former Headmistress, who was the size of a tree.

“How ‘ave you been? I ‘ave heard your marks are well.” Maxime said.

Elise nodded. “My classes are challenging but fun. I’m getting along. It wasn’t hard to adjust.” She said.

Maxime smiled. “Ah, well we must be going. The girls must settle in their dormitories.”

Elise perked up. “Oh, what tower are you staying in?” she asked.

Maxime smiled. “Ravenclaw, is that yours?”

Elise shook her head. “No, I am a Gryffindor.”

Maxime clicked her tongue. “Odd, I would think you would ‘ave been a perfect Ravenclaw with your genius.”

Elise shrugged. “It’s okay; I like Gryffindor much better. I’ve made a lot of friends.” She said.
Maxime smiled. “Then I suppose you should be able to give us a tour of ze castle?”

Elise grinned. “Of course I can.” She gestured for the large group of girls to follow her. She showed them the main towers, the Owlery, the library, and the dungeons. She was careful on the staircases; she was still not quite used to them yet. Lastly, she brought them to the Great Hall where Dumbledore was standing with the Durmstrang representatives. Elise had hardly realized they had arrived.

“Ah, Madame Maxime, I see you were kept busy.” He mused.

Maxime smiled. “Ah yes, a former student of mine wished to tour us through the castle.”

Dumbledore smiled at Elise. “Miss Seymour is one of our brightest students. We are quite glad that she has decided to attend our institution. She has learned a lot from you, Olympe.”

Elise blushed. She looked at the group of strapping North European teenagers staring at her. They were all dressed in heavy cloaks and fur hats. They all gazed at Elise fervently as if they’d never seen a girl before. She blushed heavily, drawing her cloak in.

Dumbledore noticed Elise’s discomfort. “Ah, Miss Seymour, I’m sure you’d like to spend the rest of your evening with your friends and boyfriend. You are dismissed.”

Elise bowed her head to the headmaster. She walked past Fleur. “Boyfriend?” she mouthed.

Elise grinned and walked away. She could hear the Beauxbatons girls gossiping from a mile away anyway.

Elise ran back to the common room. She dumped her belongings in her bed then went back down to see her friends.

“Oi, Elise, where have you been all day?” Fred asked. “George was going out of his mind.”

George blushed. “Was not.”

Elise chuckled as she sat in his lap. “You should have been.”

George wrapped his arms around her waist. “In that case, then yes I was.”

Fred groaned. “Oh good God, control the public displays of affection.” He jumped off the
couch and onto the floor, landing square on his butt.

“So where were you?” George asked.

Elise shrugged. “I was showing the Beauxbatons girls around. You’ll meet them at dinner I suppose.”

Lee popped up. “Beauxbatons? Hell, I’ll be at the front of the table then!”

Elise laughed. “The Durmstrang boys are there too.”

Katie and Alicia perked up too. “Hello, Bulgarian bon-bons.” Alicia smirked. They high fived.

Angelina chuckled. “Elise and I are happy with our gingers, aren’t we?”

Elise chuckled too. “Yes, we are.” She said, kissing the top of George’s head.

George grinned. “That’s me!”

Fred snorted. “Oi Ging, your fly’s undone.”

George turned even redder as their group laughed. This is exactly what she pictured her life to be like-a group of friends huddled around a fire, perfectly content with life.

Elise took George’s hand as they went down to the dinner feast. It was a bigger celebration than usual; students were to be in full uniform. They settled at the front of the table with Lee, who’d wanted to get a better look. They kicked out the first years that usually sat there, who were now sitting next to Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of the fourth and third years. Grumbling, Seventh years and second years were shoved into the back.

Before dinner began, the Beauxbatons girls fluttered in, dancing. Elise rolled her eyes. She probably could have popped out with a blue hat and dress and done the same dance as them. They were taught that in dancing classes. After the dance, bluebirds flew out of nowhere, singing.

“Bloody hell, how do you do that?” Lee asked.

Elise rolled her eyes again. She lifted her arm and rolled her wrist. A three large blue birds flew out. They burst into blue sparkles. The whole room stared at her; she hadn’t noticed that the girls had stopped dancing already. Veronique eyed her angrily. Elise chuckled and
clapped with the rest of the school.

“How’d you do that?” George asked.

“Simple; their wands are up their sleeves. It’s a habit we used to do at Beauxbatons. I still carry my wand like that.” She said, loosening the cuff of her shirt. Her wand slipped out onto the table.

“Dangerous if you ask me.” George said.

Elise gave him a look and patted his butt. “This from the boy who keeps his wand in his back pocket…you can blast your butt off.” She reminded.

They listened to a speech about the Triwizard Tournament. Elise wasn’t interested. Eternal glory wasn’t something she wanted.

But she saw the glittering in Fred and George’s eyes. Suddenly, she became concerned.

They weren’t serious, were they?
♠ ♠ ♠
comment love, you guys!
feel the weasley, aahah.