Status: done(: the sequel will start next week!

Doesn't Mean a Thing

22.

It was a light springy day and Elise was in a free period. She was sitting in the courtyard writing a Transfiguration essay.

Day by day, Elise was losing everything from Beauxbatons. She was hardly proper anymore. She hardly ever spoke French and she seemed to be picking up a slight British accent from her friends. Her long, curly, silky hair was now cut shorter and she was more accustomed the uniform.

All in all, she was becoming a real Gryffindor.

“Hey Elise, that essay is a bitch, isn’t it?” Cedric asked, sitting next to her. Dashing as ever, she and the sixth year becoming closer and closer friends; she had a lot in common with him she found.

“Ugh, it is. It’s not hard, it’s just tedious.” She complained.

Cedric lay in the grass. “I know, which is why I used self writing quills.” He said dreamily.

Elise laughed and threw a ball of crumpled paper at him. “You’re such a cheater.”

Suddenly, Viktor walked by. “Ah, hello Cedric and Elsie.” He said, chipper.

Elise chuckled. He could never say her name. “Hello Viktor, how are you?” she asked.

“Ah, I am okay. I am tired of ze tournament. I zink we should all get together during the holidays-both of you, Fleur, Harry, and his friends. We could play Quidditch with my teammates.” He said.

“That sounds great!” Elise said. “I haven’t played Quidditch in years though…I’ll be rusty.” She warned.

Krum laughed. “Don’t worry; I’m sure we can help you. Anyway, I must be off. I am seeing Hermione.”

As he walked away, Cedric looked to Elise. “Who’d have known that we’d get so lucky?” Cedric asked Elise.

Elise shrugged. “I don’t know, my life is pretty perfect now.” She said happily.

Cedric smiled. “How is Fred?”

Elise smiled. “We complement each other. I guess we just go well together. There’s something I’m sure about him that I wasn’t sure about George.” She said.

“That’s great to know, Elise. I’m glad you’re happy.” Cedric said. “I couldn’t be happier myself. I have a perfect girlfriend, great friends, and I’m a champion. It can’t get any better. I just wish my life would stay frozen in this moment forever. I wish we’d never have to go and grow up.” He confessed.

Elise sighed sadly. “We all have to at one point in our life. We can’t all be perfect forever. We’ve got to grow up and move on. Whatever our purpose is in life…well, we’ll fulfill it.”

“That’s insightful.” Cedric joked.

Elise picked up her belongings and put them in her bag. The time for her next class was approaching. “It’s true.”

*~*~*~*

Elise walked through the halls and saw Fred. Wrapping her arms around his waist, she ducked her head under his arms.

“How do you always know it’s me?” Fred chuckled.

“I can tell these things.” She said. “How was class?”

He rolled his eyes. “It sucked as usual. I can’t believe the year is almost over…in a while, we’ll have a whole summer to ourselves.”

Elise buried her face into his chest. “And we’ll be going to Bulgaria to visit Viktor. He asked us to stay.” She said, smiling.

Fred grinned. “Then everything is perfect, isn’t it?”

Elise nodded. “Yeah, it is. I wouldn’t want it any other way.” She confessed.

Fred nodded. “I feel like it’s too perfect right now. I’ve never had a normal year at Hogwarts since Potter showed up.”

Elise laughed. “Can we have a normal year next year?”

Fred nodded. “Yeah, I hope we can.”

They ducked into the next hallway, which was filling with students going to their next class. Fred latched onto her tighter than ever.

"This is new." she said cautiously.

Fred looked at her, smiling pathetically. "I know I'm not touchy feely or anything, and that you and George were always wrapped around each other in some way. I'm just not good at this romantic shit. George is the dreamy one." he confessed.

Elise chuckled and hugged him harder. "I love you the way you are."

Fred grinned. "You, m'dear, just said love."

Elise blushed. "What about it?"

Fred unlatched himself so he could go to his different class.

"It means we're getting somewhere."
♠ ♠ ♠
short chapter, but eh.